Club Legends (1 Viewer)

DazzleTommyDazzle

To be honest I saw him quite a lot in his time with us and it was obvious he was class but In my opinion Brian Borrows and Danny Thomas were bigger legends for us. Roland was undoubtedly a star at Sheffield Wednesday not so sure about with us.... I suppose each of us has our own definition of ‘legend’.

Graham Oakey was also a fabulous attacking full back. So sad that injury at Villa Park cut short his career. But Roland was simply immaculate.

shmmeee

Borrows was class as well, sure I remember him playing CB late in his career and keeping Bergkamp in his pocket.

Nilsson was at the time the best RB I’d ever seen live. Just made it look effortless as well.

COV

Borrows was class as well, sure I remember him playing CB late in his career and keeping Bergkamp in his pocket.

Nilsson was at the time the best RB I’d ever seen live. Just made it look effortless as well.

You are right about Borrows at CB, I also remember well a game v Forest in '95 where Borrows (who must have been 35 I'd say) had Collymore totally nullified for 90 mins, this was when Collymore was on fire but Borrows owned him that day, he was immense.

Irish Sky Blue

would you put him above Borrows? Borrows is my top right back, even more so than Nilsson- longevity I guess gets him the nod
I would put Oakey above Borrows. A real shame his career was cut short as he was such an exciting, whole headed player. I loved Borrows too, a classier player I think than Oakey but I would still the latter in my all time team.

Mucca Mad Boys

I voted Micky Gynn, McAllister, Hutchison and Hadji.

Only seen Gynn and Hutchison at Gynn’s testimonial. Never got to see Hadji too but I appreciate he’s a legend. Surprised Ndlovu wasn’t an option!

Terry Gibson's perm

I guess that Derrick Robins would have be a club legend as Jimmy Hill wouldn’t have been able to do as much without his money and backing.

COV

Carr, Mortimer, Yorath, Hutch.
All class above. Others are sentimental picks IMO

I would argue that had Dean Emerson not been crocked by Megson he’d have been easily up there with any of those… except Hutchison

Users who are viewing this thread