Club finances (1 Viewer)

Skybluebeliever

“We can’t eat together, we can’t get changed in the dressing rooms, we’ve been advised that we’ve got to travel on two coaches, but we can’t afford that so we’ve got to go on one coach, mitigated by using face masks and not having the staff in all the time”

This was a quote from MR press yesterday , I can’t see us being able to bring in new players if we cannot afford a second coach to go to games ,a rough guess
this would be a 1k

KenilworthSkyBlue

I swore the EFL said it would be handing out fines to those who don’t use two coaches??

They've only advised clubs to consider using multiple coaches. It's not mandatory per say as they can't enforce clubs to hire extra coaches if it's financially unviable for them to do so.

SAJ

The report I read in the telegraph said we were going in 2 coaches.
Not that there right very often the quote was “The hotels are closed although they would open for us. We made the decision to go down on two buses to try and mitigate that.

shepardo01

The report I read in the telegraph said we were going in 2 coaches.
Not that there right very often the quote was “The hotels are closed although they would open for us. We made the decision to go down on two buses to try and mitigate that.
That's what I read too. Not staying over, but travelling in two coaches.
Interestingly, mate works for Derby.
They stayed over in Sheffield last night for their game tonight!

chiefdave

In the grand scheme of things a coach won't cost much. You can hire a 16 sleeper tour bus (the type touring musicians live on) for £500 a day so a Harry Shaw coach to London and back should be affordable. Not like they're going to be swamped with bookings at the moment.

Skyblueweeman

That's what I read too. Not staying over, but travelling in two coaches.
Interestingly, mate works for Derby.
They stayed over in Sheffield last night for their game tonight!

They had a hotel booked for tonight but cancelled it on Tuesday. Hotels are putting clauses in contracts saying that it games are cancelled due to Covid, there's no costs to the club - unless its within 48hrs of the fixture and food will already have been ordered and need to be paid for.

A lot of clubs are still staying overnight in hotels as well although some are travelling on the day, depending on the distance to the away game.

Marks right though. Hotels that are closed to the public are likely open for keyworkers so will take groups (media and sport).

cc84cov

“We can’t eat together, we can’t get changed in the dressing rooms, we’ve been advised that we’ve got to travel on two coaches, but we can’t afford that so we’ve got to go on one coach, mitigated by using face masks and not having the staff in all the time”

This was a quote from MR press yesterday , I can’t see us being able to bring in new players if we cannot afford a second coach to go to games ,a rough guess
this would be a 1k
To be blunt

put your house on it we sign a player

Magwitch

Why coaches ? we have two brand new mini buses that ferry the Acadamy kids about, use them most our away games are not much more than a hundred miles away.

chiefdave

Why coaches ? we have two brand new mini buses that ferry the Acadamy kids about, use them most our away games are not much more than a hundred miles away.
Imagine the state of Twitter and the Facebook group if we started turning up to games in the academy mini buses!

Hobo

Coaches? Mini buses? Hardly a reflection on our complete financial picture and ability to bring players in during January?

Magwitch

Easy team in the coach subs on the mini bus...problem solved
Good idea. As you say selected team, manager, assistant on coach thirteen people spread about on a 52 seater coach, the rest on the two 16 seater mini-buses, good to see you using my brain. 🤡 happy New Year.

SBT

Typically we have to sell one first team player a season to keep the accounts ticking over. Perhaps the increased Championship revenue means we won’t have to do that this year. But who would we even sell if we did?

letsallsingtogether

And Leicester have just spent 100million on a training ground.
Gutted

ceetee

To calibrate that spend, it's about what a club receives for coming bottom of the Premiere League

Users who are viewing this thread