Club aims to raise £35m from bond (1 Viewer)

Moff

It is a big game for sure. Biggest attendance for a club match ever at the Ricoh I understand.

For a Rugby game yes, its a great attendance for a home game. Not sure if it beats the Chelsea Cup game a few years back or not? See the Saints had 27K at Milton Keynes last week. Not a home game though!

Think it will be a close game, and as much as I have to grudgingly admit it Wasps are the far more attractive team in this fixture, playing good expansive Rugby.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

No it would probably get a small mention on here when it happened and that is it, I'd imagine Birmingham and Aston Villa fans however would be extremely upset about it though and I'm sure it would have also been debated to death by their fans as we have.

Exactly but all this self righteous crap about franchise sport woud not even be on our radar just like it isn't on Villa or Birmingham fans radar now.

Rusty Trombone

There is the risk of default in every business so your point carries no weight.

Can the Council not invest the monies it gets back? Who knows, may get a better return. Or it could put the money towards jobs/public services...

I hope this isn't your way of telling us that CCC have bought a load of your bonds.

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
It is a big game for sure. Biggest attendance for a club match ever at the Ricoh I understand.

I think the Chelsea game would have sold double if it could. That was to city fans as well rather than relying on the Chelsea fans to boost the attendance.

That sold every ticket physically possible didn't it? As did Gillingham?

Noggin

As I said before who has bought them?

It wasn't a reasonable question before and it isn't one now, it's like asking who owns apple shares. I'm sure a very large mix of people have brought them, commercial and individual investors alike.

chiefdave

I thought the making of the loan was to prevent the administration of ACL thereby ensuring that equity value was retained?

You are Les Reid and I claim my prize :D

There are many who claimed that was the case, Reid being one of them. The council refuted all suggestion that it was in any way a bail out and that the loan was made on a purely commercial basis. They claimed that commercial lenders were happy to lend ACL a similar amount on similar terms.

I had a blazing row with Cllr Maton about this very subject. Of course at the time he also claimed money hadn't come from CCC funds, that was later revealed to be false.

chiefdave

I think the Chelsea game would have sold double if it could. That was to city fans as well rather than relying on the Chelsea fans to boost the attendance.

I was on tour when they want on sale. Was going to send my Dad up to get them until I saw people were queuing overnight. Decide to try my luck by phone but being on tour I had to use my mobile. Ran up a £50 bill repeatedly getting through to the clubs answerphone! Eventually got through and got tickets. Probably the most expensive home game tickets I've ever purchased!

chiefdave

It wasn't a reasonable question before and it isn't one now, it's like asking who owns apple shares.

In general that would be the case but if it turns out CCC have purchased them then there are some serious questions to be asked. Surely they wouldn't be that stupid.

Noggin

That sold every ticket physically possible didn't it? As did Gillingham?

There is probably less of the nonsense stuck up safety board handwaving for a rugby game. So both things are quite possibly true that the wasps game will have the biggest attendance and that there was more demand for 2 city games. There were thousands of empty seats at the Gillingham game that was both SAG nonsense and sisu ineptitude though.

Noggin

In general that would be the case but if it turns out CCC have purchased them then there are some serious questions to be asked. Surely they wouldn't be that stupid.

why would ccc buy them? seems like a silly conspiracy theory, I hadn't realised thats was what Grendel was inferring, I should have known he was that foolish.

chiefdave

why would ccc buy them? seems like a silly conspiracy theory, I hadn't realised thats was what Grendel was inferring, I should have known he was that foolish.

You would certainly hope it is a silly conspiracy theory. One easily ruled out by the CT asking the question of the council. Best to do that before the rumour spreads. You know how these things go!

Noggin

You are Les Reid and I claim my prize :D

There are many who claimed that was the case, Reid being one of them. The council refuted all suggestion that it was in any way a bail out and that the loan was made on a purely commercial basis. They claimed that commercial lenders were happy to lend ACL a similar amount on similar terms.

I had a blazing row with Cllr Maton about this very subject. Of course at the time he also claimed money hadn't come from CCC funds, that was later revealed to be false.

It's always been acknowledged that the loan was protecting the council investment in acl hasn't it?, it certainly was at the JR, the judge ruled that it was entirely possible that a commercial lender in the councils position (ie with a stake in acl ) would have done the same and thus it wasn't state aid.

Nick

Administrator
You would certainly hope it is a silly conspiracy theory. One easily ruled out by the CT asking the question of the council. Best to do that before the rumour spreads. You know how these things go!

Especially when it seems like it is somebody from within Wasps starting it.

Intheknow

intheknow was being naughty by hinting at it.

Where on earth did I say that? The only person who would know that would be the Council's investment officer. And as there is an election tomorrow I thought the Council is prohibited from making key decisions for a period?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Where on earth did I say that? The only person who would know that would be the Council's investment officer. And as there is an election tomorrow I thought the Council is prohibited from making key decisions for a period?

Can the Council not invest the monies it gets back? Who knows, may get a better return. Or it could put the money towards jobs/public services.

Why not stop pissing about, pretty sure you would know if they can invest it or not?

I didn't say you did say it, I said naughtily hinting at it.

I am getting pissed off with people quite clearly to do with Wasps coming on here and posting shite, people wouldn't like it if it was SISU in disguise of the Council so it is no better. If you want to do your PR on here then you can start paying like you have to everywhere else, I hear Zoe's Place is a worthy cause.

mattylad

Why not stop pissing about, pretty sure you would know if they can invest it or not?

I didn't say you did say it, I said naughtily hinting at it.

I am getting pissed off with people quite clearly to do with Wasps coming on here and posting shite, people wouldn't like it if it was SISU in disguise of the Council so it is no better. If you want to do your PR on here then you can start paying like you have to everywhere else, I hear Zoe's Place is a worthy cause.

Bad choice! and before anyone accuses me of following wasps a friends daughter sadly has need of their wonderful support @ZoesPlaceCov https://twitter.com/waspsrugby/status/542726841342365696

Grendel

I didn't - in the know did.

Who knows? Perhaps moonstone have had a dabble?

Who knows.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy

James Smith

Well they managed to sit there and say that moving sports teams is wrong when Sisu do it with us and then welcome one with open arms moving from miles away. That's certainly hypocrisy and to my mind stupidity.

Noggin

I didn't - in the know did.

Who knows? Perhaps moonstone have had a dabble?

Who knows.

no he didn't, you guys are nuts. so are you saying you don't have any reason to believe the council have brought up the wasps issue and weren't inferring it? if so then no one is inferring it and there is nothing to discuss.

yes we don't know who brought them, it's very likely a mix of thousands of investors. We don't know who is funding isis either but it doesn't mean simon should write and article and ask the council if it's them.

you guys are going to need to check in for some therapy soon. The Council are under your bed smiling back at you.

Grendel

The Council are under your bed smiling back at you.

Unless they are in two places at once that's impossible as they are already in your bed.

Users who are viewing this thread