Close the North Stand! (1 Viewer)

lewys33

I really don't understand why they decided to keep it open? There must have been circa 1000 fans there on Saturday? Surely they could move around to create a better atmosphere and save the club (I use that term loosely) a bit of wonga?!

The original plan of closing it and bringing the home fans around the south stand was the best option IMO. The only reason I can think that was dropped is because of policing issues. They must like the fact there is a brick wall at the bottom of block 14 and the railings next to the seats. In which case why not bring the away fans closer?

The Lurker

I really don't understand why they decided to keep it open? There must have been circa 1000 fans there on Saturday? Surely they could move around to create a better atmosphere and save the club (I use that term loosely) a bit of wonga?!

The original plan of closing it and bringing the home fans around the south stand was the best option IMO. The only reason I can think that was dropped is because of policing issues. They must like the fact there is a brick wall at the bottom of block 14 and the railings next to the seats. In which case why not bring the away fans closer?

It was daft only the top 10 rows in 3 blocks were closed. Pointless exercise and made no difference to the atmosphere

Ashdown

It's numbers that's all :
Try playing/funding a team that could create chances, score goals and generate entertainment.
Stop ripping people off for £24 a pop to watch League 1 dross !
Start talking about the football club like it has a future in its own right and stop drivelling on about building fantasy land stadiums and Rugby football franchises.

lewys33

It's numbers that's all :
Try playing/funding a team that could create chances, score goals and generate entertainment.
Stop ripping people off for £24 a pop to watch League 1 dross !
Start talking about the football club like it has a future in its own right and stop drivelling on about building fantasy land stadiums and Rugby football franchises.

That has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Ashdown

Of course it does, if these issues are addressed then the North Stand might likely have enough people in there to nullify your original post.

spwaverley4916

sorry dont agree - why should fans be dictated to as to where they want to sit - not all fans want to sing, chant, jump up and down, stand, breath in alcohol fumes, sit squashed and hurl/listen to vulgar abuse.

SkyBlueCharlie

If you don't like it then you don't have sit there. Just leave those of us that do like to sit there to enjoy our misery in silent solitude!

torchomatic

They should have just closed the back of each block all around the ground rather than just in the North Stand.

As for Saturday, woah, that was the worst game I've seen for a few years.

torchomatic

I agree. I want to sit in a place where my son doesn't have to listen to foul language for 90 minutes, which is why I like sitting with the old blokes.

sorry dont agree - why should fans be dictated to as to where they want to sit - not all fans want to sing, chant, jump up and down, stand, breath in alcohol fumes, sit squashed and hurl/listen to vulgar abuse.

Otis

I can only apologise for my mum. She's 85 now and not completely in control of all her faculties.

I will have a word though about the singing and chanting and jumping up and down, whilst swearing and stinking of stale beer.

Count yourself lucky you haven't caught her yet on a bad day.

lewys33

They should have just closed the back of each block all around the ground rather than just in the North Stand.

As for Saturday, woah, that was the worst game I've seen for a few years.

Awful idea. Have you ever been to a game where the stand has a low number of rows and in effect no roof? Temporary Blackpool away stand and Wolves away end spring to mind. Terrible for atmosphere.

I agree. I want to sit in a place where my son doesn't have to listen to foul language for 90 minutes, which is why I like sitting with the old blokes.

Is there not a JSB area for that? The proposed closure of the north stand was from Block 32 onwards so the JSB area remained. I'm not saying everyone wants to sing and chant etc. and who says you have to?

torchomatic

Well, I don't think so. It would push everyone forward towards the pitch and stop people having rows at the back to themselves.

Awful idea. Have you ever been to a game where the stand has a low number of rows and in effect no roof? Temporary Blackpool away stand and Wolves away end spring to mind. Terrible for atmosphere.

torchomatic

Me too. I was in my teens and twenties then though way before I became a "responsible" Dad.

I'm from the West End days so swearing,drinking,jumping up and down,is a good day out !

pusbccfc

Close 3/4s of the stand.

Although there would still be empty seats.

Flying Fokker

1000 is a pointless number. Blocks 13 and 14 could take them. But there is the age old issue of swearing and bile coming from blocks 19 and 20.

spwaverley4916

Is there not a JSB area for that? The proposed closure of the north stand was from Block 32 onwards so the JSB area remained.

Even so I can't imagine it being that bad in the east stand if you sit as far away from the scoreboard as possible.

If I started sitting in the JSB I would soon be accused of being as a bloody Pedo!

Users who are viewing this thread