Clive (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

And you lot would remember every players name in a split second?

Covkid1968#

I like them... Clives a bit odd in the flesh as does a lot of rocking back and forth whilst talking. But the City makes us all a bit like that.

Covkid1968#

I don’t know half our team... I’ve never been into the individual players. For me they are just blokes who play for the club that represents my home city. I get all my knowledge of players names and how good they are from the endless supply of experts on here

lordy_87

Norwich fans seemed to be really annoyed by them going by what they've been saying on Twitter and on their forum, which I thought was strange as Clive and Oggy were very complimentary about Norwich.

pastythegreat

''So, it's Sky Blues versus Norwich City at Carrow Road.

No, I mean St Andrews!

If it was at Carrow Road I wouldn't be here, obviously.''

(Not verbatim but as good as. Early in the first half.)
Before kick off, after the pre match interview with the Norwich manager he said that Norwich had stuck with him after relegation in hope he's the man to lead the Sky Blues straight back up to the premier league.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

This is Clive on the right commenting on some horse racing:

hqdefault.jpg

mrtrench

He's rubbish isn't he? And I like him all the more for it. The world needs more amateurs and whilst strictly speaking he gets paid he certainly does a good impression of someone commentating into a hairbrush as a hobby.

Otis

Of course.

We have Callum Wilson, Don Hymen, Leon Rightguard, Sam Mcdonald, Justin Rose, Beryl Reid, Matthew Kelly, Arnie Hamer, Ben Chief, Lily Allen, Sid James, Callum O'Hara, Marko Macaroni, Chew Baka, Des Walker, Matt Culloden, Marcel Hillsneralivewiththesoundofmusic.

Piece of piss.

shmmeee

It’s part of the experience now. Used to get frustrated at it, but hearing the other ones makes me appreciate CWR more.

Esoterica

I think Oggy had to pass him the tissues with how excited he got when Wilson's clearance hit the corner flag. He gets less excited when we score.

cc84cov

I think Oggy had to pass him the tissues with how excited he got when Wilson's clearance hit the corner flag. He gets less excited when we score.
He always defends the team and robins once heard him doing the wasps games and that was it for me 😆

AOM

Norwich fans seemed to be really annoyed by them going by what they've been saying on Twitter and on their forum, which I thought was strange as Clive and Oggy were very complimentary about Norwich.

Yeah Stuart was saying Norwich fans had messaged CWR about it after the game too.
Pretty weird

EalingSB

Of course.

We have Callum Wilson, Don Hymen, Leon Rightguard, Sam Mcdonald, Justin Rose, Beryl Reid, Matthew Kelly, Arnie Hamer, Ben Chief, Lily Allen, Sid James, Callum O'Hara, Marko Macaroni, Chew Baka, Des Walker, Matt Culloden, Marcel Hillsneralivewiththesoundofmusic.

Piece of piss.
I think Oggy did refer to Tyler as Des Walker during one game, @Otis
I agree with @larry_david in that I miss them when listening to alternative commentaries. I've listened to a few other clubs and while some are decent, some are awful (notably Stoke). What I don't understand, though, is why they don't have iFollow playing in front of them so can double-check chances etc. or even have someone in the studio giving them live information when they've clearly made a mistake (which is easily done and they're hindered by a lack of replays).

JulianDarbyFTW

Nothing will ever beat the goal that Geoff and Clive missed, except maybe the pulling ballyboys off line. That still makes me laugh to this day.

A lot of other commentaries nowadays are done solo, and they're an awful lot duller as a result. At least with Clive and Oggy you get debate and conversation, and I do enjoy it when they have little disagreements, because Oggy is actually quite insightful (something I didn't expect when he first started commentating).

Frostie

The Reading main commentator was just about ok but co-commentator was awful, most biased rubbish I've ever heard.

Somehow they both missed McFadzean getting sent off though & didn't mention it for a full 5 minutes+ before somebody in their studio got in touch to point it out 🤦🏼‍♂️

skybluesam66

Best on Wednesday was when he kept laying into the Norwich commentary team, who were clearly berating the ref

He was clearly saying loud enough to be heard how unprofessional it was. Surprised that one didnt escalate

Also oggys fixation with Callum O air

SBT

Yeah Stuart was saying Norwich fans had messaged CWR about it after the game too.
Pretty weird

It's because every team has dullard fans who are obsessed with commentators and referees, and believe there's a huge biased conspiracy against their club. Best not to engage them.

Reactions: AOM

Users who are viewing this thread