Clive Platt (1 Viewer)

banbury_skyblue

So with our inevitable relegation to League 1 all but confirmed, our squad for next season looks slim. Of our attack options only Cody is still under contract (is O'Donovan still under contract next season).

Freddie will go on a bosman free.

So Clive Platt. Should he be offered a new contract? Has he done enough this season to merit a new deal? I know he has alot of experience in the lower divisions but he is a 34 year old striker, never been prolific and has a back problem. Is it worth the risk?

sky_blue_up_north

Might be the only option we have.....

DazzleTommyDazzle

I think that Platt can still do a job in the role AB bought him for - i.e. sub to bring on for the last 15-20 minutes if we're chasing the game.

The problem this year is that once SISU had finished their "prudent housekeeping", he was left as our frontline striker.

CovLis86

Absolutely give him another year, ideally on a much cheaper deal. He can tough it out for a year in League One. Plus, its not like we are going to be able to replace him with anyone other than youth team is it!

covcity4life

NOTE THE BELOW IS BASED UPON OWNERS NOT SELLING EVERYONE:

platt can do a job for sure,hes scored 4 this year? but his performances have been better than that suggests

however he should play as a sub,i wanna see us play with 2 smaller strikers next year,especially if thorn stays

really hope we can keep roy, he should be able to do a job in league one

cody/platt/odonovan/>>>loan OR jeffers

Users who are viewing this thread