Clive Platt (1 Viewer)

skybluesteve76

I've been impressed with big Platty the last two games. He's looked sharp, bossed defenders but looked decent on the deck aswell, which has suprised me.
Has anyone else thought he's done well or am I going completely round the twist?
Also is he worth a start or better off as an impact sub?
Personally I think impact sub.
Any thoughts?

I agree SBS76 - you can't knock this lad for application - he is surely a right handful for most defenders and is very deceptive on the deck for such a big guy.

I also think he is probably better as an early second half impact sub and can only add to your assessment that our Mr Tree is certainly knocking on the first team door on merit this season.

PUSB

fanta80

It isnt so much he is playing well but the system we adopted with him on the pitch made us better. Playing him as a lone striker with 2 others playing wide is much better for us than the diamond which clearly isnt working.

Ashdown

No thanks, he's not worth anymore than 15 minutes as an impact sub if we are chasing the game. The big clod still loses most of the aerial battles. I'd rather we had started with Cody instead of the anonymous R'OD as well. Good job we had Juke again up front.

fanta80

No thanks, he's not worth anymore than 15 minutes as an impact sub if we are chasing the game. The big clod still loses most of the aerial battles. I'd rather we had started with Cody instead of the anonymous R'OD as well. Good job we had Juke again up front.

McDonald was resting a knock as per the Telegraph and as you dont want Platt starting that left O'Donovan. The same O'Donovan who for the first half was one of the only players who was willing to put in a tackle, at one point being in the leftback spot, yet again vacated by Hussey.

Ashdown

Hussey had a mare! R'OD should only be a bit part player though as with Platt for me..............the future is in Juke and Cody or A .N Other.

ashbyjan

If the future is ROD and Platt then we might as well start booking tickets to watch Chesterfield, Yeovil and Carlisle next season

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think he is worth a start against Barnsley, at the moment he is offering more to the team than Mcdonald or O'donovan.

sky_blue_up_north

Saturday Bell out, Hussey out, O'Don out, In Deegan, Platt, Christie

Ashdown

Cody please, he needs games to find his feet at this level, he will get us goals but he has to have time out there. Platt will just give players an excuse to punt it and it just keeps coming back.

Hcut PUSB

Impact only, he is still the worst player in the air I can remember, has he got 40lb training waits strapped to his cloggs?:mad:

Thorny Subject

Agree that the X1 that finished the game last night were far more effective. Cant agree with R'od getting any stick after last night though i thought he absolutely worked his socks off and put in some very important work tracking back where others should have been. Have never been his biggest fan but he earned his corn last night in my opinion.

Nonleagueherewecome

McDonald was resting a knock as per the Telegraph and as you dont want Platt starting that left O'Donovan. The same O'Donovan who for the first half was one of the only players who was willing to put in a tackle, at one point being in the leftback spot, yet again vacated by Hussey.

Agreed, at last-someone other than the CT match report who agrees that Roy's graft and workrate were invaluable in stemming the tide first half. He ran himself into the ground.

Platt was really good last night but I still would prefer him as a sub. He's much more destructive against a tired defence, and don't forget the circumstances of his introduction last night-Blackpool reorganising after their biggest defender had been injured. Context.

But I'm not entirely averse to him starting a game if he impresses as sub next game. We need as much competition s possible, and his strengths are different to other players we have. I can see where people are coming from when they say Lukas plays better with him alongside him.

johnwillomagic

Hmm a bit bemused again by dismissive quotes about Platt in comparison with Rod and cmd. Both Latter players have done far less in games and had far more minutes on the pitch.

Platt had far less of game time this season and in my opinion has contibuted so much more....I for one think he would rough Barnsley defenders up and think he would be a great choice to start for the away which is still a tricky place to go despite our fab record overall in recent years!

PUSB.

Nonleagueherewecome

If he had more minutes under his belt, he'd be in contention I guess. Trust in AT though, if he is fit enough and doing the business in training he'll pick him.

Users who are viewing this thread