Clive Eakin (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Will always be a big Clive fan, but what a pleasure it was listening to Ally McCoist on the ITV broadcast yesterday. Never usually bothered either way by commentators (I know it’s almost as important as the match itself for some people) but his easy enthusiasm for the game is just really nice!
I thought exactly the same, enthusiasm for the game, appreciation for players. He's got some decent craic as well.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I've listened to this again a few times just now and it's genuinely brilliant. Oggy losing his sh*t? Check. Clive working so hard not to just scream and celebrate? Check. A quote for the ages ("scoreline') amongst total mayhem? Check. An image of Kasey Palmer running full tilt to his mates from the bench? Check.

Take a bow, Clive.
It's Rob Gurney in the background cheering I think

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

PVA

To 'Stayin' Alive'

Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oggy n Clive, Oggy n Clive
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oggy n Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive

Old School Reaction GIF

Milne Out

Clive’s commentary on the winner yesterday was right up there with Rob Gurney in the night game at HR, against Villa when Robbie Keane netted the 2nd half winner in front of the West End
When he bellowed down the microphone
“Are you watching Greg-ory”

AOM

For one time only, we should change the Mark Robins song to "Walking in an Eakin wonderland".
Imagine him hearing it during live commentary 😂

Hobo

I know we’ve all taken the piss when he gets players like Palmer and Sheaf mixed up, but I can’t deny after hearing his commentary Saturday, he ain’t half invested in us 😂 genuinely love the bloke

He does a good job. He is passionate about the club and we are lucky BBC CWR give us so much coverage. It is far better than a lot of other radio stations; if you have ever listed to other local radio stations covering a City away match.

blunted

Clive and Oggy are IMHO the best I have heard anywhere on footy radio. Well informed, great to listen to and with a sensible bias unlike a lot of the jokers from other stations. Throw in an almost surreal proclivity to get teams and players we are playing mixed up and it is the best entertainment ever. Sensible refereeing observations and giving credit if the opposition deserve it. The BBC will probably fuck it up like they currently are across many of their outlets. Will probably move them to Salford or Cardiff or merge CWR with Radio Stoke.

messiahrobins

Clive and Oggy are IMHO the best I have heard anywhere on footy radio. Well informed, great to listen to and with a sensible bias unlike a lot of the jokers from other stations. Throw in an almost surreal proclivity to get teams and players we are playing mixed up and it is the best entertainment ever. Sensible refereeing observations and giving credit if the opposition deserve it. The BBC will probably fuck it up like they currently are across many of their outlets. Will probably move them to Salford or Cardiff or merge CWR with Radio Stoke.
They really are brilliant. Their insights are way better than other journalists and analysts. Didnt quite understand why they added Rob Gurney earlier this season even though i like him as well as grew up listening to him cover us and he is a top guy.
Really happy Robins in his interview today mentioned he listened to Clive's commentary. That was really nice for Clive but also showed how much Robins loves us and actually thinks like a fan.
In fact i genuinely think at night times he plays football manager as Coventry manager!!

Brylowes

Took over the season after we got relegated from the premier league and will now have been to Wembley with us 4 times. He may not be the most accurate but his passion for a club he doesnt support is unrivalled.
He maybe didn’t support us when he started 🤔 I think he probably does now.

Users who are viewing this thread