Clive Eakin made a very good point tonight (1 Viewer)

Otis

He reckons the last two games being full of goals and us being more threatening has been down to the fact that we have played two very attacking fullbacks in Christie and Blair and this has given us the width we so desperately needed.

Hussey was out of sorts, as was Clarke and Reckord didn't push forwards at all.

Think he has a very valid point. Two fullbacks attacking at pace can be a real weapon and string to our bow.

Mucca Mad Boys

I agree, that Blair looked really good v Colchester (from what I seen on the FL Show) and Christie was excellent v Scunny. Attacking full backs is the way forward IMO.

On another note, I'd like to see us drop 4-4-2 though, bring in Fleck or Barton in the mix, don't rate Sheff, Ball or Elliott, Cody not doing the best so that extra man upfront is a bit of a waste really (IMO).

rupert_bear

Having pace makes all the difference something we haven't really had since Mifsud, add some more in the transfer window and who knows what may happen.

percy

I agree, that Blair looked really good v Colchester (from what I seen on the FL Show) and Christie was excellent v Scunny. Attacking full backs is the way forward IMO.

On another note, I'd like to see us drop 4-4-2 though, bring in Fleck or Barton in the mix, don't rate Sheff, Ball or Elliott, Cody not doing the best so that extra man upfront is a bit of a waste really (IMO).

so you would like to see us drop a formation that has seen us score 8 goals away from home and concede just one in favour of a formation that has brought us what exactly???

Mucca Mad Boys

so you would like to see us drop a formation that has seen us score 8 goals away from home and concede just one in favour of a formation that has brought us what exactly???

I see your point, but I'd rather have a midfielder such as Barton or Fleck in the mix who have scored more than our options upfront (bar Cody who has the same). Also, I like Jennings defensively, attacking and creative passing however, doesn't do it, so a figure like Fleck or Barton may allow us to create more etc. IMHO of course.

percy

I see your point, but I'd rather have a midfielder such as Barton or Fleck in the mix who have scored more than our options upfront (bar Cody who has the same). Also, I like Jennings defensively, attacking and creative passing however, doesn't do it, so a figure like Fleck or Barton may allow us to create more etc. IMHO of course.

im happy with the way it is at the mo but fair comment sbt

Sick Boy

Don't tell me you want to bring back the diamond?! ;)

JulianDarbyFTW

The two CDM's hold so the fullbacks can attack. You switch to 442 that option's gone, leaving us vulnerable on the attack. Besides, whoever is in the 'hole' is effectively there as a second striker if and when attacking (at least in theory). It's working, and I reckon it's because of AT's diamond obsession. The players were used to it, and 451 or 4411 is a variation of it with a little more steel. If and when DMc leaves, then a rethink may be required, but 8 wins in 13 does not scream out for a change in formation to me.

Ash

Out of the 8 goals we've scored in the last two games, Baker and Moussa have grabbed half of them. Why would you want to change that?

Grendel

Barton and Fleck offer little work-rate and are luxury players. It is inconcievable to play both of them. Same with McDonald. Poor workrate.

Sutty

Bailey and Jennings are absolutely crucial to our system. With two attacking full-backs and 2 wide men that like to try and create, discipline from the two holding midfielders is vital. I like the 4-4-1-1 system we're playing. It's nice and flexible.

georgehudson

so let the manager (MR), manage,
& let's have the controllers (TF & SW) be disciplined to achieve the best for OUR club,
instead of the myopic view of the owners

SkyBlue_Bear83

We are not really playing 442 at the moment, we did when Mcdonald played but in the last 2 away games we have played with a 5 man midfield of Sheff, Jennings, Bailey, Moussa, Baker with one of Moussa, Sheff playing closer to the striker

Mucca Mad Boys

Out of the 8 goals we've scored in the last two games, Baker and Moussa have grabbed half of them. Why would you want to change that?

I'm not, they stay on the wings, with McSheff being dropped for an AMC. As I do not rate any of our replacements upfront (bar Cody but it's not happening ATM).

Barton and Fleck offer little work-rate and are luxury players. It is inconcievable to play both of them. Same with McDonald. Poor workrate.

Barton doesn't have a poor work rate, Robins' agrees with me on this one, Fleck, I disagree somewhat, he's a player who doesn't run around like a headless chicken and actually has some ability when passing a football and could be a really good player for us in the right system and position IMHO. Barton is the same.

We are not really playing 442 at the moment, we did when Mcdonald played but in the last 2 away games we have played with a 5 man midfield of Sheff, Jennings, Bailey, Moussa, Baker with one of Moussa, Sheff playing closer to the striker

I can't disagree because I haven't been to the last 2, however, I would like to see Fleck or Barton play behind McG.

In fact, thinking about it, when Cody played, McG played a little bit behind Cody...

covcity4life

Keep it same for now

If it needs changing I'd like to see Barton play more, I like what I've seen of him so far, an assist tonight?

Users who are viewing this thread