clingan (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Sky sources claim that Leeds and Middlesborough want Clingan. Not too bothered with that, to be honest.

Nick

Administrator
Where would he fit in at Boro? I thought they had a good midfield until they all get sent off! :)

torchomatic

I think they are like Sunderlandc who never seem to tire of signing players regardless.

ashbyjan

Would be overjoyed if Clingan went and his freed up wages were used to keep Keogh and Cranie

KersleyDigs

We won two games on the bounce as soon as he was out injured and Conor Thomas took his place and did very well.

too many errors from Sammy this season, his head has been turned and Keogh is the captain to lead us out of this not the weak Irishman

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
He isnt going to stay in the summer - move him on now if the opportunity arises. Has been very hit or miss this season

I'd like Clingan out as much as I would like SISU out tbh. I have held the opinion that Clingan has been poor all season. It'd be nice to see us get some cash in for him now than see him go for free in the Summer. Even if the cash was pocketed by SISU, it would at least show that they are using their heads instead of letting assets go for free when out of contract.

torchomatic

And next time he plays against us he will probably pass to someone in sky blue more than he has all season!

Nonleagueherewecome

You are all blind, he was great second half against Boro. If he goes, fine, stick the boot in then. Until that happens, I'm gonna make like a supporter and, y'know, actually support our players.

A lot of people have short memories, too: for a couple of seasons we've barely won when he's been injured. He has also played for much of this season whilst carrying injuries. Yet all he gets is jeers and brickbats. Pathetic.

sky_blue_up_north

Sammy has lost he way, in his first season he was class, been all down hill since then. So no great loss for a player in decline.

torchomatic

While he is here then i will obviously give him my support, but he's been poor this season and a good 45 mins in six months isn't good enough for a captain. He's not the player he was and I for one would cash in if we couild get a good replacement.

NLHWC we are all allowed our own opinions. I have never rated Clingan much. He's had a good 45minutes this season and that's all. I support the team and I want them to do well. Personally I feel the team is better with Keogh as captain and Clingan not in the side.

Say we buy a 30year old journeyman from Bedworth and he is absolute dog crap, are we not allowed to slate him on here because he plays for CCFC? Nah if you don't rate a player then your allowed to voice that opinion whether they play for CCFC or not.

procdoc

I rate clingan highly. I know he hasn't been at his best this season but I think he's a classy player

leedsunited

You are all blind, he was great second half against Boro. If he goes, fine, stick the boot in then. Until that happens, I'm gonna make like a supporter and, y'know, actually support our players.

A lot of people have short memories, too: for a couple of seasons we've barely won when he's been injured. He has also played for much of this season whilst carrying injuries. Yet all he gets is jeers and brickbats. Pathetic.

Good man.. football fans do have short memories, very true!

I for one (as a leeds fan) have been sitting here for weeks hoping we would sign Clingan, looks great from what i have seen.

kg82

I've said in previous post I'd like if he stayed, he's a good player who hasn't had the best of seasons (but by no means a disaster) and we could do with all our experienced players helping. If he did go though, Thomas can do that job and is, potentially, a better player.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
We havent exactly set the world alight with him in the team either this season though NLHWC, as good as he was 2nd half against Boro he wasnt such a star in the first half. Think everyone seems to forget in that match we could easily have been 2 nil down in the first 20 minutes and were not playing well. Clingan has had good games and has had bad - pretty much like most other players we have - for whatever reason he has been inconsistent just like the rest (Keogh excepted). However as long as he wears the colours he gets my support but doesnt stop me having an opinion on his performances

My own take on it was to actually cash in on him now because in the summer we wont get anything - not really about his form or an assessment of the player. His inconsistency makes me query whether we should keep to the end of the season. Think it is academic because I dont think he will go now.

CovLis86

For me , even if he is just in a 'bad spell', i would take the money for him now if it means we can use it towards signing some loans or free's who could be in good form.
We only have him to the end of the season, so why keep him in bad form and get nothing for it at the end.
Take the money, and hope we can bring someone in to keep us up.

mattylad

His form has been poor this year and clearly he is not going to stay so on that basis I would sell. But lets not kid ourselves (like so many did over Gunnarson) that he wont go in to another team with a stronger squad and be bloody brilliant again.

procdoc

His form has been poor this year and clearly he is not going to stay so on that basis I would sell. But lets not kid ourselves (like so many did over Gunnarson) that he wont go in to another team with a stronger squad and be bloody brilliant again.

this I agree with 100%. Just remember over the last few seasons when he was out injured and how much we missed him

torchomatic

You could same with most players, Matty. Surround them with better players and they shine.

rob9872

Whilst I think many of you are being harsh to his contribution here, I think he is dispensible and if it means hanging on to someone else when his long-term future clearly doesn't lie with us, then it woudl make sense to cash in.

I think being captain has taken something from his game. Some people it is the making of them to others a distraction. I think it was a mistake we made so that we didn't lose him last summer although arguably that was the time to sell when his stock was higher than it is now.

valiant15

Hope he stays,he's a good player. Sisu will spend the fee on someone else won't they haha! People have short memories,he was the bees knees for most fans not so long ago.

mattylad

You could same with most players, Matty. Surround them with better players and they shine.
No I disagreee, I don't think who you put Carl Baker with he will still be lightweight and have little to no impact.

Good players (which Clingan certainly is) need competition to drive form, Keogh said the same thing in a recent interview. Sadly his only competition is a couple of kids not old enough to shave and two players who fit neither the midfield or winger role.

torchomatic

I meant a "really" good team. Baker coming here with some of our players wasn't a step up, though I think that was the case with Hussey. AG looks a different player at Cardiff.

torchomatic

He would do well at Leeds. He has lost interest here and they're a hell of a lot better than us so he would no doubt raise his game. Good luck to him.

Users who are viewing this thread