clingan gone (1 Viewer)

Covstu

not a major shock that he is leaving but would be interesting to see where that money would potentially go, nowhere i would guess!!!

WillieStanley

Well... My daughter is gutted! Whenever we play football at home "I'm Sammy Clingan and you're Richard Keogh"

Poor girl, she's only just got over "Lukey Jukey"

My fault, I soppose though!

Macca

Clingan was the worst excuse for a captain I've seen in my 10 years following City. Good luck to whichever team is stupid enough to take him (rumour has it down here that BHA are keen).

Blimey your only experience of following city is the last 10 years. I salute you sir

torchomatic

With Bell it's difficult admittedly, though I still like him. However, Baker is a good player in my opinion and one that will do well for us in L1. People get wound up to easily if that gets to them.

Hey, Torchy, don't tell me that you are going to wind people up ny defending Bell and Baker, are you?!

torchomatic

Mate?! Nothing could be further from the truth. Yes, I think he did say that. But why would John Williams who hasn't been at the club for 15 years be privvy to financial information on current players? And even if he was why would he tell a random fan all about it?

And no, I don't think Bell or Baker earn anything near what Clingan did. No proof obviously, I just don't think so.

Didn't your mate LBB get that from John williams?

Also, don't you think that Clingan would be on similar as Bell & Baker as perceived senior pros in the squad?

Brighton Sky Blue

Blimey your only experience of following city is the last 10 years. I salute you sir

My first season ticket was 2001/2 (was only 11!)-I'd been to a handful of PL games before that but I wouldn't say I really started getting into it till I went regularly. I think I've seen perhaps a total of one good season in that time, and even then it was split over 2 parts (latter half of 2003/4 and 2005/6). Must be bloody mad :facepalm:

Sisu_Cockroaches

It will be interesting to see who will be our captain next season, Clingan has not been the same player this season he has not seemed interested. He went down with Norwich and left them to move to us, we have gone down and he will leave us. Not the type of person who should be captain in my opinion. One of Thorns worst decisions was giving him the arm band. Our problem this season was we didn't have enough leaders on the pitch or off it. If only Denis Wise still wanted to play!

Users who are viewing this thread