Clear video of trouble during the derby game! (1 Viewer)

Macca

I guess the fact that a copper wasn't wearing his number wouldn't bother me in the greater scheme of things, but then I'm an easy going bloke. The police were also heavy handed absolutely. Then there were the usual folks who just like a . Sorry episode, I agree the fella should appeal

Macca

Yes but there was no need for the police to go that far other than it touched a raw nerve

No number means predetermined veiw that he was having trouble that day, just be thankfull he didn,t pick on you

he wouldn't have as I wouldn't have given him reason. If he did I would have kept absolutely still and if he assaulted me taken him to the cleaners. Hello compensation!

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
I was sat a couple of rows up from the incident, and can be seen in the video. All that happened was he asked why the copper wasn't wearing his numbers, which is fair enough, they are meant to be worn at all times. It all kicked off when the other copper that was talking to the guy grabbed him by the arm. It escalated so quickly, and they came across as pretty heavy handed the way they had him round the neck...

CUS Wyken

I guess the fact that a copper wasn't wearing his number wouldn't bother me in the greater scheme of things, but then I'm an easy going bloke. The police were also heavy handed absolutely. Then there were the usual folks who just like a . Sorry episode, I agree the fella should appeal

Macca, it might not seem much but on matchdays police can be a law within themselves and if they haven’t got there number on view they can’t be identified if they do something over the top. Look at the Mayday riots in London when the fella who wasn’t even involved got pushed to the ground and died of the injuries from the policeman. Ive been in situations in the past where police have pushed fans around etc...
End of the day certain Police on Matchdays love the trouble as much as the ‘troublemakers’ themselves.
The police in the ground that day for the Derby game were very over zealous. The fella in question didn’t do anything wrong apart from question why a copper didn’t have the correct uniform. Since when has that been a criminal act?

CUS Wyken

I was sat a couple of rows up from the incident, and can be seen in the video. All that happened was he asked why the copper wasn't wearing his numbers, which is fair enough, they are meant to be worn at all times. It all kicked off when the other copper that was talking to the guy grabbed him by the arm. It escalated so quickly, and they came across as pretty heavy handed the way they had him round the neck...

Exactly Kay.. police still think its right to treat football fans as hooligans.

shmmeee

he wouldn't have as I wouldn't have given him reason. If he did I would have kept absolutely still and if he assaulted me taken him to the cleaners. Hello compensation!

If only that were true. You'd get nothing without evidence as they'd close ranks. Seen it happen to mates before.

If a copper takes his number off he's looking to break the law. Simple. Dont know what happened here mind.

wingy

Looks like they inflamed something innocuous from my perspective ,the guy if you or me was within his rights to ask the question

The soothsayer

I had the great pleasure of beating the coventry transport police (nazis), in court last year, with their mates at cov station both lying under oath, i exposed them for the liars they are. I also watched the police 10 -14 of them with a van, follow and hassle, and try to intimidate 4 forest fans in the town just having a drink in the littern tree,they clearly had nothing better to do. pathetic.

CUS Wyken

I had the great pleasure of beating the coventry transport police (nazis), in court last year, with their mates at cov station both lying under oath, i exposed them for the liars they are. I also watched the police 10 -14 of them with a van, follow and hassle, and try to intimidate 4 forest fans in the town just having a drink in the littern tree,they clearly had nothing better to do. pathetic.

Exactly fella but the do-gooders won't take any notice. Police on a matchday thrive on any altercation.

Macca

Macca, it might not seem much but on matchdays police can be a law within themselves and if they haven’t got there number on view they can’t be identified if they do something over the top. Look at the Mayday riots in London when the fella who wasn’t even involved got pushed to the ground and died of the injuries from the policeman. Ive been in situations in the past where police have pushed fans around etc...
End of the day certain Police on Matchdays love the trouble as much as the ‘troublemakers’ themselves.
The police in the ground that day for the Derby game were very over zealous. The fella in question didn’t do anything wrong apart from question why a copper didn’t have the correct uniform. Since when has that been a criminal act?

yeh fairplay. I'm just not a black or white kind of bloke. Theres usually a mixture of factors. I've known some coppers who are right bastards and some decent ones.

rob9872

Probably the worst thing about this footage that nobody so far seems to have picked up on, is that whilst this was all kicking off, there was a fella on the A444 blatantly flouting the law somewhere between 5 and 10mph ABOVE the speed limit and valuable resources were being wasted on this when as usual motorists were getting away with it scot-free.

Walking Bird

Watched the vid again a few times. Why does the copper at the start drag the guy to his feet & then tell him to sit down??
Coppers deliberately not displaying numbers is a hot subject after what happened in London to that newspaper seller.
With the orange stewards attitude that day combined with what i believe was heavy handed policing no wonder it kicked off!

rob9872

Hey apple :)

skybluesben

the copper would have his name on the left of his vi-his with the WMP badge, even if he had no numbers. But he should have been wearin them regardless. All this startes over the goons gettin the banners down? SISU OUT!!! PUSB!!

ajsccfc

So a bit of trouble that could have been avoided if people on either side had been a bit more tactful. Seems an odd one to go two pages, even with the NWA ramblings of a few.

LastGarrison

So a bit of trouble that could have been avoided if people on either side had been a bit more tactful. Seems an odd one to go two pages, even with the NWA ramblings of a few.

Which then resulted in someone being nicked, dragged to court and receiving a 3 year ban.

You probably wouldn't be so flippant if it was you or one of yours.

ajsccfc

The fella was and is harshly punished, but that's based on people inserting themselves into an obviously volatile situation.

It wouldn't be me, and if it was 'one of mine' I'd let them sort it out. Wading in with a tribal mentality negates any real leverage for complaint against the police, and people then get banned needlessly.

Last edited:

Macca

Which then resulted in someone being nicked, dragged to court and receiving a 3 year ban.

You probably wouldn't be so flippant if it was you or one of yours.

This is just an observation but my thoughts for what its worth, independant view.

If no-one steams in, old bill look a lot worse.

As everybody did steam in it appears to (outsiders) that its football fans at it again.

Perhaps the reaction doesn't help the fellas case.

Don't jump on me, just a theory

Users who are viewing this thread