Clean sheets (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Last season we got to the play offs because of a very good defence regularly keeping clean sheets.

This season we are aren't keeping clean sheets but we are scoring loads. Since our last clean sheet I think we've scored 2 in all but one game?

SkyblueTexan

Our next clean sheet will probably be once Sheaf returns to play a full 90 mins for us. Our midfield regularly gets overrun in games these days and players like COH, Saka and MVE look jaded. Also we cannot afford to gift other teams goals. We really need to sign several more good players this summer to beef up our squad.

JohnWH

Last season we got to the play offs because of a very good defence regularly keeping clean sheets.

This season we are aren't keeping clean sheets but we are scoring loads. Since our last clean sheet I think we've scored 2 in all but one game?

That is correct. Last clean sheet vs Wednesday, Boxing Day. Scored 2 (or more) in league games, last 7 of 8 games.
Last game Cov didn't score was (get your time machine ready, and don't want to jinx) was Stoke 11/11/23

skybluegod

It will settle down and tighten up again once Thomas & Kitching get back in their flow.

No need to stress.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

They played 5 league games together consecutively in Jan/Feb without keeping a cleansheet. Pretty much half that run.

It's a wider team issue not the CB pairing. I'm certain Robin's would love time on the trg ground to address it but they aren't getting any due to the run of games.

Picking out an obvious glaring issue that we aren't keeping clean sheets isn't stressing. It needs addressing.

Mucca Mad Boys

Is it a coincidence that we’ve conceded nearly 2 goals every game since Sheaf got injured?

That’s playing a part.

Boicey

Pretty much every game we look shakey at the back and likely to concede. It’s a big problem.
I don’t think JDS is the answer against better teams. And Thomas needs to stop silly mistakes or be benched, he’s been like that most the season though…

Boicey

On the plus side, we've scored as many goals this season so far as we did in the whole of last season (excluding the play-offs). You can't have it both ways.
I mean we clearly are making too many mistakes in terms of the back 4 and holding midfielders. So that’s very simplistic.
MR is clearly very unhappy with it.

PVA

MVE has looked poor the last couple of games, mostly just because I think he needs a rest, but everything came down our right last night.

skybluegod

On the plus side, we've scored as many goals this season so far as we did in the whole of last season (excluding the play-offs). You can't have it both ways.

Keeping clean sheets is fundamental to being a successful team. What's the saying, attack wins you games, defence wins you titles. Robins has always prioritised being solid over expansive attacking football (not that we don't end up playing good football). Robins has said he needs time on the Trg pitch and i would bet this is one of the reasons why.

Londonccfcfan

Also we have scored in every game since Stoke at Home.

That's some record..so we havnt fired any blanks since. Our all time record is 25...we gotta be at 17 games in a row pr more or less we scored in all comps. That's pretty good going.

SAJ

Last one was Boxing Day against Wednesday, 12 games ago. Going to have to sort the defence out if we’re going to have any chance of promotion.
Is this really a problem? Only 5 teams have conceded less in that time we’ve taken 18 out of 27 points

fernandopartridge

Our next clean sheet will probably be once Sheaf returns to play a full 90 mins for us. Our midfield regularly gets overrun in games these days and players like COH, Saka and MVE look jaded. Also we cannot afford to gift other teams goals. We really need to sign several more good players this summer to beef up our squad.

I am not sure what games you watch but we don't "regularly get overrun". The goals we conceded last night were both on breakaways which is Plymouth's speciality.

Cov kid 55

MVE has looked poor the last couple of games, mostly just because I think he needs a rest, but everything came down our right last night.
I agree, his positional play in the past couple of games hasn’t been great, and has put us under pressure. Both Millwall and Plymouth looked dangerous down our right flank. Not just about MVE though (who is a good player, perhaps jaded) in the last two games, teams have broken through our midfield so easily, perhaps time for Kelly to come in to provide protection in front of the back four? That was a rash challenge of Thomas’s last night which led to a goal, he’s young and hopefully will learn from mistakes like that. Stoke will be tough on Saturday, considering the tough game at Plymouth and the short recovery time/long journey times. A draw again may be a decent result.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I agree, his positional play in the past couple of games hasn’t been great, and has put us under pressure. Both Millwall and Plymouth looked dangerous down our right flank. Not just about MVE though (who is a good player, perhaps jaded) in the last two games, teams have broken through our midfield so easily, perhaps time for Kelly to come in to provide protection in front of the back four? That was a rash challenge of Thomas’s last night which led to a goal, he’s young and hopefully will learn from mistakes like that. Stoke will be tough on Saturday, considering the tough game at Plymouth and the short recovery time/long journey times. A draw again may be a decent result.
Nah just time for Eccles and Torp

Users who are viewing this thread