Video CLASSIC GAME | Coventry City v Derby County, 30th April 2005 (1 Viewer)

LastGarrison

What a day. Really couldn't have scripted it better.

Always remember going into the ticket office beforehand and telling them that I had left my season ticket at home so I could get another ticket for my brother who hadn't got one and it was sold out.

I clearly wasn't the only one as it was packed with people who had also left their season tickets at home.

Gynnsthetonic

Feel sick watching it, ever since it been shit, everything was so badly timed about the move, the location of the Ricoh is poor, the style of the Ricoh well boring and timed with being millions in debt already it should never of gone ahead. Really would love to move back to Coventry and play in a football ground again and not a bowl or sporting arena

clint van damme

I remember it being a rout, which i suppose it was but Derby started pretty well.
Cracking atmosphere

Gynnsthetonic

I remember it being a rout, which i suppose it was but Derby started pretty well.
Cracking atmosphere
It was an unbelievable at atmosphere, I think a stadium of no more than 25000 has always suited us, football is a funny old game and things can turn quickly I your favour, look at Leicester and Bournemouth for instance, 6 or 7 years ago you'd of been sent to the asylum to think what they have achieved, one day we'll be back!!

LastGarrison

Loved big Dele.
Poor man's Cyrille.
Big powerful man but had subtlety and finesse in his locker. Very inconsistent though but could be unplayable on his day
He was awful for a spell and then we sent him out on loan.

Always remember his first game back, think it was a night game (possibly Bradford but might have made that up) and he came on as a sub to ironic cheers. Within minutes he picked up the ball from what seemed like the half way line and went on a tremendous powerful run and instantly the crowd were cheering and right on his side!!

I will always love the man for THAT goal at Blackburn!!!! Remember my mate went on the pitch when he scored and got dragged out by the stewards. The Blackburn OB wanted to nick him but Cudworth came over and as he knew him as he went to school with his son he managed to get him let off.

Adge

Wonder if we don’t clear the pitch will we have points deducted.
Bloke on the PA seems to be a bit concerned.

robbiethemole

What a treat to see the old place again, I didn't go but for the life of me, can't remember why not!!! All that Sky Blue, I wonder if we'll ever see the likes of that many again...............maybe if we EVER get back up to the Championship?

Adge

Linnell on the tannoy screeching-went right through me at the end.
Loved some of the clips before the game including Jimmy Hill running onto the pitch and having one last hurrah at his beloved Highfield Rd.

clint van damme

Linnell on the tannoy screeching-went right through me at the end.
Loved some of the clips before the game including Jimmy Hill running onto the pitch and having one last hurrah at his beloved Highfield Rd.

Over 20 years later and Linnells voice is still going right through people

TTG

Feel sick watching it, ever since it been shit, everything was so badly timed about the move, the location of the Ricoh is poor, the style of the Ricoh well boring and timed with being millions in debt already it should never of gone ahead. Really would love to move back to Coventry and play in a football ground again and not a bowl or sporting arena
I totally agree with the fact that it was timed totally wrong, but then if we went back and got into the perm straight from there, there would be no stigma around the ricoh, and I mean when it's full it's a cracking atmosphere - but hey we didnt

Adge

I totally agree with the fact that it was timed totally wrong, but then if we went back and got into the perm straight from there, there would be no stigma around the ricoh, and I mean when it's full it's a cracking atmosphere - but hey we didnt
Indeed. If we were in the Championship next year I think the boozers may be slightly better, the bowl not so soulless and the pitch would be half decent......

Reactions: TTG

TTG

Should put that on a banner.
I put that on a banner.
0y3kqg6.jpg

JHYhJxy">

Last edited:

Ring Of Steel

When I die there will some events that flash through my mind as I pop my clogs- they will include times like the birth of my kids, the day I met my wife, and this last day at Highfield Road. Generations in that ground together for one last time, an emotional goodbye, and a day that you couldn’t have scripted any more perfectly. One of the most amazing, emotional & unforgettable days of my life. Still get watery eyes now watching it, I expect I always will.

Reactions: TTG

fernandopartridge

What a day. Really couldn't have scripted it better.

Always remember going into the ticket office beforehand and telling them that I had left my season ticket at home so I could get another ticket for my brother who hadn't got one and it was sold out.

I clearly wasn't the only one as it was packed with people who had also left their season tickets at home.
We've all done that in the past

fernandopartridge

It was a wonderful day, I remember meeting up in town about 11 ish that morning then making our way down Gosford Street.
Football has never quite been the same since and I hate that.

It's less talked about but the Forest home game which was the 3rd from the end was a fitting last night match, love to see the goals from that. It was a great atmosphere that night too.

Sick Boy

It was a wonderful day, I remember meeting up in town about 11 ish that morning then making our way down Gosford Street.
Football has never quite been the same since and I hate that.

It's less talked about but the Forest home game which was the 3rd from the end was a fitting last night match, love to see the goals from that. It was a great atmosphere that night too.
Don’t remember that one too well, the one against Brighton sticks out more with Staunton’s goal. I think we had all but secured survival after that game

Users who are viewing this thread