Clarke (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

For someone with a bad attitude he isn't showing it here. According to lee carlsey he came into the changing room after the game and said he needed to be more clinical. He's been a good signing so far he may not be technically gifted but he can find the net and wants to improve. Well done Clarke

sw88

Chief Commentator!
While hes scoring goals, i couldn't care less whether hes not quick (diplomatic way of saying hes slower than id like ;) ), or got attitude!

Unfortunately when you get a reputation against you, its difficult to get rid of it! I haven't seen anything to suggest he has an attitude problem.

Also very good that hes self critical. Im sure if hes that honest with himself then he doesn't need fans on his back.

I know ive been critical of him in the past, but like I say if hes getting the goals, im the one who needs to reconsider my opinion, and he needs to continue what hes doing (finding the net) whilst improving where he feels he needs to!

And he can prove Robins wrong for his parting gift comments singling him out!

kg82

And how many has he scored now in how many games? Got a feeling it's about, or just better than, 1 in 2?

Nonleagueherewecome

Can't argue with his goals-to-game ratio and from what I saw of what he did at Scunthorpe, I don't think he's got into his stride here yet. When he does, he should be more productive all-round.

RichieGunns

I was listening on the radio and he definately seemed in the game more tonight.

On previous occassions I've hardly heard his name mentioned at all.

Obviously this could just be a fault of Linnell and his commentating but I think not.

He's slowly getting into his stride. Now would be a great time for him to start hitting his scunthorpe form again!

Can you imagin if he start smashing the goals in every game.

We'd definately be in with a chance.

*Touch wood* (my desk is made of wood :D)

I will not jinx this!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I feel I may have been to harsh on him at times, he has been excellent in the away games but poor/average in pretty much every home game so far

kg82

I feel I may have been to harsh on him at times, he has been excellent in the away games but poor/average in pretty much every home game so far

To be fair, we haven't been great at home this year anyway!

Can't argue with his goals-to-game ratio and from what I saw of what he did at Sc-unithorpe, I don't think he's got into his stride here yet. When he does, he should be more productive all-round.

I think my concern is his goals to chances conversion rate rather than goals/games. Something we saw with DMC. But in fairness LC was not playing for a number of weeks before joining. He appears to be improving, as do the rest of the team getting used to his style.

kg82

Under carsley he has upped his work ethic and has got more passion now well done carsley

Not having much luck with Carsley's name there!!

EDIT: Weird, your 2 posts as I read them had some weird way in which Carsley's name was spelled! To be fair, my computer IS sh*t!

RichieGunns

Not having much luck with Carsley's name there!!

It seems like an epidemic has sweeped the forum!

Someone called him Crawley earlier and I rememeber him being refered too as Carlsberg as well!

Hopefully its not a bout of "Thornitus" and his stupid nicknames lol

oakey

He played well tonight but he needs much more support from the rest of the team. I am not convinced he can play 4-5-1 as we currently set up with the midfield too deep and the wingers wasteful and inaccurate with crosses.

He was awful in the JPT semi, but tonight was easily our best outfield player, won lots in the air and even held it up well. Should have won it for us missed two sitters but played well.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Leon is a good player at this level. Needs to improve his finishing but is a dominant player and good attitude from the 2 games Ive seen him play.

Best player tonight with Dickenson and Joe Murphy played well (I dont rate JM but good tonight)

WestEndAgro

Just got back from Crewe, and here's my take, Leon Clarke was easily our best player tonight, no one else came close, Sheffers, Elliot and Baker to a lesser degree offered absolutely nothing, Leon was basically doing it all on his own, Bailey and Jennings were nowhere to be seen most of the game.
Jordan Clarke did very well IMO when he came on.
Really pissed off , it wasn't supposed to end like this !

covcity4life

eakin said he was MOTM

7 goals for us now

even if he doesnt always perform well he scores, if he does that he deserves his place

we have mcsheffrey doing neither and it seems he gets a free pass

Users who are viewing this thread