Clarke (1 Viewer)

skyblue19

Shocking today, Cyrus puts him to shame. I know he is not fully match fit but sloppy today.

covcity4life

hes not good enough for the championship

too small,not physical enough

i used t say this on 606 and people got on my back,but now people are waking up

it was hard for him,first game back but hes simply not good enough

Otis

He was clearly not match fit.

Think we need to cut him some slack. He lacked sharpness due to such a long time out and I think it is a bit harsh to judge his performance today.

stupot07

He was clearly not match fit.

Think we need to cut him some slack. He lacked sharpness due to such a long time out and I think it is a bit harsh to judge his performance today.

completely agree Otis.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Didn't do bad, doesn't give us the direct dribbling or crossing that Christie does but imo he is a better footballer than Christie.

seen enough of him last season to see he aint good enough, too small, loses possesion too easily, out of position, another who got a new contract in the summer when we shouldve been spending the wages elsewhere

Lord_Nampil

was a massive game to throw Clarke in and i thought he did well, if i remember rightly down at Ipswich Christie was murdered by there left back all game so maybe a good thing Clarke came in for him today! Also Willis didn't do 2 bad either when he was on!

Skyblueweeman

I think a lot of our younger players are quite immature and their hearts aren't really in it.

I'm on Twitter and follow a number of professional footballers...CCFC and others. The younger lads from CCFC seem to be more keen about street cred and looking cool amongst each other. I don't see enough 'That win really hurt today...we're all in this together' etc etc, but seem a lot of 'That tune is wicked blud' etc etc.

I'm not saying that they're not allowed to have fun etc on a social site, they just come across as not giving a toss.

Might just be me, but I see the likes of Barton, Wilshere, Owen, Ferdinand and even our ex-loanee Gardner seemingly gutted when they lose but nothing from our young lads (or senior for that matter). Maybe losing less frequently makes it hurt more?

Gaz

I can't say I think alot of Clarke but we do need to remember that he has been out a long time tbf.

If I had to choose over him and christie, then I would choose christie, as I just don't see much in Clarke.
But saying that, I know the management we have had at the club rate him and a few fans do too, so I'm hoping that there is somthing there.

Waycov

When he's fit Clarke is a good player but I just don't see what a lot of others seem to. He gets loads of praise heaped on him but, IMHO, Christie is a far better player both defensively and getting forward.

tippex9

Wow so because they don't tweet about football 24/7 then they don't care???? I love my job, even look forward to it sometimes but do I tweet about it. No. Sometimes I like to tweet about other stuff.

Are we going to write Clarke off after his first game back? When Cyrus gets tired and makes errors(West Ham) it's ok coz he put 60 mins good work in!! WTF???

I'm going to take a punt at you've made your mind up about him so hes no good, end of.

Makes me laugh, McSheff constantly lacks commitment and quality but seems to be bulletproof coz he bangs a goal in once in a blue moon. Maybe if he tweets using slang then we can see through his lack of ability.

tippex9

Wrenstreetcarpark

But as a bloated arsehole or vice chairman or chairman or wannabe CEO the other Clarke still sits there saying how well he thinks the team are doing. Does he mean the SISU team or don't his piggy eyes let him see waht is on the pitch?

junglej13

Everytime I've seen Clarke play he's been appalling. His performance at Elland Road last year against Max Gradel still gives me nightmares. I don't think he made an attempt at a tackle in the full game. He is a prime example of a player who should have gone out on loan to get to grips with the physical side of the game. It amazes me how few players we have sent out on loan over the last couple of years (I know at the moment we are too thin on the ground!)

stupot07

Everytime I've seen Clarke play he's been appalling. His performance at Elland Road last year against Max Gradel still gives me nightmares.

You obviously didn't see any of the last 10 games of last season when he was superb. Did you not see the game the season before when he marked adam johnson pretty well, or when he marked guttierez out the game until he got injured?

Ffs - who'd want to be a kid coming through our academy.....

akira1984

Look, you cannot judge the guy after his first start in 7months. I personally thought he got better as the game went on. IMO Cyrus has been ok, a decent fix, but he's not as skillful as JC. Like always there are city fans who want to give someone a hard time

Users who are viewing this thread