Clarke Signs a 2 Year Deal (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Jordan Clarke has just signed another 2 year deal.

covcity4life

hummm hes playing well but id rather he wasnt given a longer contract, lets not forget how abysmal he has been in past seasons

hopefully he has changed permanently now though, good luck to him.

RoboCCFC90

Only Wilson, Thomas and Christie to go!

Kingokings204

common thoughts. we just need other 3 to sign. they will all be told the same thing I think "sign your contract and if an offer comes in for you we will let you go" why wouldn't the kids do it to be fair as they are all cov lads and if they move on at least we get a fee instead of letting Wilson leave on a free at the end of this season. surely Wilson would rather see cov take a good fee for him. so why not just sign the contract and go in the summer if I high bid comes in or in janurary dependant on our position of course.

SkyBlue_Bear83

hummm hes playing well but id rather he wasnt given a longer contract, lets not forget how abysmal he has been in past seasons

It was funny how you was itching to blame him for Gillinghams goal yesterday

RoboCCFC90

It was funny how you was itching to blame him for Gillinghams goal yesterday

In fairness to Jordan he has made two defensive errors that have cost goals this season (Preston Equaliser and Shrewsbury Equaliser) however he does look better at Cb and once he eradicates the mistakes all will be well.

SuperCov

This is good news. :) Can anyone answer me this. Would players having longer contracts make CCFC as a business more expensive to buy ie if the player is seen as an asset, being paid say 2k a month for 2 yrs would that put a value of 48k onto the club? Or does it make no difference. Or am I going crazy. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

RoboCCFC90

This is good news. :) Can anyone answer me this. Would players having longer contracts make CCFC as a business more expensive to buy ie if the player is seen as an asset, being paid say 2k a month for 2 yrs would that put a value of 48k onto the club? Or does it make no difference. Or am I going crazy. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Well the value of a contract to buy a player rises if the contract is long period of time, you'd think in theory that would probably be the case however I doubt anyone bidding for any Football Club would be in a position where all the players at x club are on contracts for a period of 3-5 years

RFC

Great credit to Jordan who's shown great determination and application to earn this new deal.
Long may it continue, well done!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Slightly surprised by him getting a contract renewal, so soon after almost being ditched altogether. Also surprised by him getting a 2 year. TBH, I think there will come a time when SP realises we need a more long term CB to come in, but whilst he's performing well (aside from a few errors, he has surprised me when playing at CB this season) I can't be too critical

RoboCCFC90

Slightly surprised by him getting a contract renewal, so soon after almost being ditched altogether. Also surprised by him getting a 2 year. TBH, I think there will come a time when SP realises we need a more long term CB to come in, but whilst he's performing well (aside from a few errors, he has surprised me when playing at CB this season) I can't be too critical

From what I have seen from Jordan this season he has been good and he compliments Webster pretty well, like it has been mentioned if he can be a bit more consistent as in not making the odd mistake then he will be very good for us at Centre Back.

sisu go home

The system is working, each player is worth his place at the moment and I'm glad Pressley is getting backing on that. The board have seemingly done their best to ruin everything else, but I can't fault them for keeping a winning formula as I thought in the transfer window, it could have been the end. So glad Clarkey's signed on the dotted line - he makes a few defensive errors, but if you have a very young player who is yet to develope that can play like he does, you hold onto them. If he left now he'd definitely be worth a few bob, but if he left after he's proven himself consistantly as a regular 1st team player, he's going to be worth considerably more. Great news, cheers for keeping the faith Clarkey - despite everything you're up against.

Sutty

As I've said before, Clarke's composure and quality on the ball makes a huge difference to our attacking play. For me this more than makes up for his physical shortcomings (which are becoming less and less obvious each week). I really think centre back is his position now, he's the kind of centre back the modern game is moving towards.

woody11462

His two main errors I remember have been for the Shrewsbury equaliser and a goal for Bristol and both were mistakes around the half way line. It appears he fitted in well a CB, and if his anticipation and positioning is good, he will make up for his lack if height. City's cheap Carlos Puyol!

KersleyDigs

I find it hard to believe he's still only 21, seems like he's been in and around our first team for about 4 years! ;-)

georgehudson

city's new Richard Shaw,
not tall but a fantastic reader of the game,
i remember Duncan Ferguson used to hate playing against him

covcity4life

As I've said before, Clarke's composure and quality on the ball makes a huge difference to our attacking play. For me this more than makes up for his physical shortcomings (which are becoming less and less obvious each week). I really think centre back is his position now, he's the kind of centre back the modern game is moving towards.

need to see him play this seasn but i am not sure hes the long term answer at CB

we have had this before, he plays well, supporters praise him to the hilt because hes young and then he monumentally messes up.

i hope he continues to play well but he has made errors already this season,CB is a hard position to play

good luck to him,would love him to make the grade at the back.

shmmeee

Utter crap. He's been awful at left back but at CB and RB he's been a decent young player with mistakes that are normal for his age.

Users who are viewing this thread