Clarke Salter (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

He does look like he has lost a little bit of weight but retained his strength on the ball.

Got the physique of a thoroughbred whippet now.

Looks up to speed and match fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

long way home

I would if thought MR is very keen on trying to sign him come summer. I'm not sure what money he is on but if it's around our budget I'd push really hard to get him under a multiple year deal.

He will have options but he seems to fit in well with the style we play and would be pretty much be a guanteed starter. At his age he needs regular games and be settled somewhere to develop his game and career. Could be a good move for all, but I'm sure we'd face competition for his signature.

JustWoody

Amazing if we could get him, when fit defo makes the defence look a lot better for me

+ At 24 you would think his chance at Chelsea has gone so can't see them offering a new contract 🤞

junglej13

Suspect his wages would currently be miles above what we could offer. Suspect Chelsea may retain him. They very rarely let players leave at that age when they have invested so much in their development.

SBAndy

Suspect his wages would currently be miles above what we could offer. Suspect Chelsea may retain him. They very rarely let players leave at that age when they have invested so much in their development.

Saw it quoted online (so not overly reliable) that he’s on £5k per week. And it’s a two-way thing, his deal is up in the summer.

higgs

Signing JCS on a permanent has to be a priority and as much I rate McFadz a younger replacement for him another priority.
If we could both himself and Leo on a free in the summer that would be great business

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Chelsea keep players as their business model involves the income from loan fees which sadly for them with the new FIFA rulings will come to an end.

blunted

Class act. Not current interview, but previously thought he hinted that we were a stepping stone to better things next season, a bit like Osti. May have misinterpreted his words. Sure time will tell.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

If we keep him around what about a new song:
Jake Clarke-Salter
Clarke-salter
Jake Clarke Salterrr
Na Na-Na-Na Na-Na Na-Na-Na

to the tune of this

CDK

JCS and a midfielder that can score 10 plus gaols a season need to be signed in the summer.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

JCS and a midfielder that can score 10 plus gaols a season need to be signed in the summer.
I dont think the latter would be available under our budget, I think even a 10 goal a season midfielder in League 1 would be about 2-4 mil, championship would be about 10-20 mil unless like Swift they are out of contract, I think if his form drops he could be an option but its very slim considering premier league clubs are interested

shmmeee

I dont think the latter would be available under our budget, I think even a 10 goal a season midfielder in League 1 would be about 2-4 mil, championship would be about 10-20 mil unless like Swift they are out of contract, I think if his form drops he could be an option but its very slim considering premier league clubs are interested

Above £2m for a L1 player is really rare. Even Madders was only £2.5m up front. I think you can pick up decent young talent for around £1.5m

Marty

Above £2m for a L1 player is really rare. Even Madders was only £2.5m up front. I think you can pick up decent young talent for around £1.5m

I think MK Don's wanted about 3 Mill for Twine. Goal scoring attacking midfield. Compete with and compliment O'Hare.

shmmeee

I think MK Don's wanted about 3 Mill for Twine. Goal scoring attacking midfield. Compete with and compliment O'Hare.

Hes a special talent and IMO would be well worth it. I suspect he’ll go all the way. That said I’d be surprised if it took £3m to get him. Where did you see that I’ve been looking for a rumoured price, would love to see us get him in the summer.

Marty

Hes a special talent and IMO would be well worth it. I suspect he’ll go all the way. That said I’d be surprised if it took £3m to get him. Where did you see that I’ve been looking for a rumoured price, would love to see us get him in the summer.

I'm not sure now, I remember hearing someone interested in him and the price tag of about 3 Mill being banded about.

fernandopartridge

Swift is only big money, I believe £30k per week upwards

cc84cov

Hw will go higher than O’Hare

Saddlebrains

Funny that we could have signed Twine in the summer for fuck all but didnt want to match fucking MK Dons wage offer and went for Bright instead

Not often MR is wrong, but that is one

Liquid Gold

Funny that we could have signed Twine in the summer for fuck all but didnt want to match fucking MK Dons wage offer and went for Bright instead

Not often MR is wrong, but that is one
I don't think it was about wages with Twine. I think he chose MK because of guaranteed playing time which we didn't offer him as we wanted him to back-up O'Hare while we played 2 up top.

Fair play for him not jumping for a Championship club just because and backing himself to progress by actually playing.

shmmeee

I don't think it was about wages with Twine. I think he chose MK because of guaranteed playing time which we didn't offer him as we wanted him to back-up O'Hare while we played 2 up top.

Fair play for him not jumping for a Championship club just because and backing himself to progress by actually playing.

And yet we’ve been playing Shipley and Allen for most of the season. He’d have been playing every week.

Liquid Gold

And yet we’ve been playing Shipley and Allen for most of the season. He’d have been playing every week.
I’m sure he’s happy knowing that someone is about to pay a lot of money for him and he’ll be on a much better wage had he joined us last summer.

shmmeee

I’m sure he’s happy knowing that someone is about to pay a lot of money for him and he’ll be on a much better wage had he joined us last summer.

Weirdly enough I’m a Coventry fan not a Scott Twines finances fans so this is of little consolation.

Users who are viewing this thread