Clarke out for the rest of the season (1 Viewer)

CovMatt1987

did god just decide 'hmmmm, those Cov fans.......they dont go through enough heartbreak, letdown and dissappoint do they?'.

Nonleagueherewecome

Great! That leaves us with Cody and Wilson for the rest of the season

Willo to fire us to the play-offs? The West Midlands Wanchope! :laugh:

SkyBlueSeb

Lets just stick behind the boys as per usual and push them on, Wilson showed a lot of promise last night give him a few games and he might be good, looked pacey to me ;)

torchomatic

Luckily he was crap anyway. ;)

Mitten93

going into the last 8 games needing wins and were relying on McDonald and Philliskirk :(, wouldn't be so bad if we could get someone in and didn't have the embargo. Really starting to think getting 6th place is beyond us but I hope they prove me wrong.. starting with 3 points on Saturday. #pusb

pusbccfc

Baker upfront ;)

theferret

Am I the only one that was told yesterday about Clarke's request to leave following the approach by Sheffield United? Not sure if that is true, but the timing of this seems a bit iffy.

CovMatt1987

why not do the operation at the end of the season this could stop us making playoffs

If he is injured and needs surgery, then cant delay it. very strong possibility he wouldn't make it to the end of the season if he needs surgery, and could do permanent damage. its a blow, a big blow, but its the right decision.

luwalla

To be fair, McDonald looked good in spells last night, and it was only his first full ish game really... Stick him and Callum Wilson up front for the rey of the season and see if there is avoid young partnership there

covkid69

how come every time we have a transfer umbongo shit happens like this....is the loan window still open

@richh87

Callum Ball and Cody McDonald up front in a 4-4-2. Neither good enough to play up top alone.

Sky Blue Pete

Am I the only one that was told yesterday about Clarke's request to leave following the approach by Sheffield United? Not sure if that is true, but the timing of this seems a bit iffy.
And so we are forcing him to have an operation!! Don't be so paranoid!!

Otis

To be fair, McDonald looked good in spells last night, and it was only his first full ish game really... Stick him and Callum Wilson up front for the rey of the season and see if there is avoid young partnership there

We need to stop Martin's high hoofs then and Christie'a long raking head high crosses.

Don't think we won a single header all night yesterday up front.
Has to be playing the ball on the deck from here on in.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

ajsccfc

This would surprise me if true, I wouldn't have thought he'd sign such a long-term contract with us if his head were turned that easily. He had already shown form at this level so could have insisted on a contract to the end of the season alone if he wanted.

Nonleagueherewecome

We need to stop Martin's high hoofs then and Christie'a long raking head high crosses.

Don't think we won a single header all night yesterday up front.
Has to be playing the ball on the deck from here on in.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

To be fair to Cyrus, a fair few of his crosses are mis-hit around a foot off the ground...most of the rest are about 10 feet above everyone's heads!

As for Martin-I counted a single solitary long-ball in the first half; I've never seen a City goalkeeper throw it out as much as Murphy last night and it was refreshing to see. In the second there seemed to have been a tactical re-think with Martin used as the libero playing it out of defence and a lot more long hoofs. That's not Martin's game, he's no Scott Dann or Elliott Ward! Although he is a very similar build/running style to Gary Breen..I still think he's our best CB and was mis-used by the manager second half.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread