eastwoodsdustman

City fans are on a bender
Clarke-harris is a sex offender

I dont see their issue as i heard them sing it to Godden albeit rather quietly

rob9872

🎵🎵City boys, we're on a bender
Jonson Clarke-Harris is a sex offender🎵🎵

Tommo1993

From seeing him warm up on the touch line, he loved the City reject chant. Pretty sure he laughed off the sex offender stuff before defending a corner too.

rob9872

He's a wrong'un no doubt about it, but that was still a bit strong even in banter. Have to admit I did laugh at it though.

Terry Gibson's perm

I am sure JCH will get over it, if thought it was funny really just glad my lad did decide that wasnt going to be one of his new songs.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

From seeing him warm up on the touch line, he loved the City reject chant. Pretty sure he laughed off the sex offender stuff before defending a corner too.

I don’t get the dislike for JCH. He dropped down to League 2 and played a part in getting us out of the division…. And got stuck into the piss up in the Colly. We then let him for free to Bristol Rovers and moved on to the greats of Bakayoko, Hiwula and Chaplin.

It wasn’t a great betrayal, we decided to let him go and he’s gone on to be a success in League 1 since.

This ‘sex offender’ chant goes next to the ‘x team get battered’ in the list of cringey small-club chants. And no it’s not new, it’s a copy and paste job from the international scene.[/QUOTE]

rob9872

I am sure it didn’t faze him at all, that you found it funny says more about you.
I agree. It tells me that he has a sense of humour, but knows where the line is so wasn't chanting it and also bringing his kids up well. The sort of bloke I'd enjoy a pint with. You on the other hand being all richeous not so much. Cheers 🍺

Tommo1993

I don’t get the dislike for JCH. He dropped down to League 2 and played a part in getting us out of the division…. And got stuck into the piss up in the Colly. We then let him for free to Bristol Rovers and moved on to the greats of Bakayoko, Hiwula and Chaplin.

It wasn’t a great betrayal, we decided to let him go and he’s gone on to be a success in League 1 since.

This ‘sex offender’ chant goes next to the ‘x team get battered’ in the list of cringey small-club chants. And no it’s not new, it’s a copy and paste job from the international scene.

Agree it’s bottom of the barrel stuff. I only really sing along with PUSB, cba for all the rest as most of it makes me cringe. Literally only there for the game.

MAFF

it was amusing the first time when newcastle fans sang it to ronaldo as he genuinely has questions to answer re sexual misconduct however it's an extremely cringe and tin pot chant now - especially as every set of fans under the sun sing it and think they're hilarious.

only worsened by the "get battered everywhere they go."

NortonSkyBlue

I agree. It tells me that he has a sense of humour, but knows where the line is so wasn't chanting it and also bringing his kids up well. The sort of bloke I'd enjoy a pint with. You on the other hand being all richeous not so much. Cheers 🍺
Happily I agree, I think you would get along with him just fine. By the way it’s righteous, dictionary definition morally right or justifiable.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Wow! You were going so well before then spoilt it with that last line which reflects far worse on you

I can’t always get it right!
Agree it’s bottom of the barrel stuff. I only really sing along with PUSB, cba for all the rest as most of it makes me cringe. Literally only there for the game.

Aye, I’ll always sing PUSB, In Our Coventry homes, Twist and Shout etc but draw the line at the copy and paste songs.

I love the Gus song, but the fact now every team sings it for whatever Brazilian, Norwegian, Swedish player they have takes the shine off. Got to give Newcastle credit, they are the most creative fans around - virtually all of the songs that get copied are from them.

clint van damme

I can’t always get it right!

Aye, I’ll always sing PUSB, In Our Coventry homes, Twist and Shout etc but draw the line at the copy and paste songs.

I love the Gus song, but the fact now every team sings it for whatever Brazilian, Norwegian, Swedish player they have takes the shine off. Got to give Newcastle credit, they are the most creative fans around - virtually all of the songs that get copied are from them.

they should try actually singing a few at games!

skyblue1991

I'm sure some away fans were singing the chant to Marlon king

X lads are on a bender
Marlon King's a sex offender

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

CDK

It will be forgotten after there next defeat,but want them to stay up as 6 points guaranteed next season.

Grendel

there were some on here who were saying we should have kept him as he was bullying his way through league 1 last year
He is a pub player - and is above his level . There is a reason he was behind McNulty and Biamou in MR selections

A pub player ha ha - ironic given where the other two you mention are now

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread