City's Top 100 Signings (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Reda higher than Armstrong and Murphy.

I didn't particularly like Lewis Page (90) but hr should be higher than the likes of Yakubu, Ramage, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

eastwoodsdustman

Reda higher than Armstrong and Murphy. [emoji23

I didn't particularly like Lewis Page (90) but hr should be higher than the likes of Yakubu, Ramage, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He was right about Page. He really didn’t give a shit whilst here

fernandopartridge

What on earth is Reda doing in the top 5 or even top 20? He was a crock, injured a lot more than he wasn't and was part of the Worcester City debacle.

pusbccfc

Fleck should not be in that top 3.

Without doubt the top 3 should consist of Armstrong, Clarke and McGoldrick.

Adge

It really goes to show the shite we have had through the door over the last 5-10 years!
Indeed! I'd forgot half of the crap we had aswell. Got to agree though that from the recent years Leon Clarke has to be up there.

Hobo

What time frame is this over? It is rubbish.

skybluegod

Fleck should not be in that top 3.

Without doubt the top 3 should consist of Armstrong, Clarke and McGoldrick.

Disagree, Fleck was a brilliant and under appreciated player. Definitely in the top 3 considering the 3 players you listed were only here for a year as well.
But it seems to be that only strikers get credit theses days, shown by the Ballon d’or, only great attackers get appreciated.

Grendel

Disagree, Fleck was a brilliant and under appreciated player. Definitely in the top 3 considering the 3 players you listed were only here for a year as well.
But it seems to be that only strikers get credit theses days, shown by the Ballon d’or, only great attackers get appreciated.

Fleck was rubbish for two of the seasons - under robbins in our most successful period of this era he was s bit part and even second fiddle to Jennings.

Grendel

Grendel

OK

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

He had an allergy in either penalty area. His goal scoring record was pethetic, his set pieces were poor and his assists contribution mediocre. Perhaps you’d like to actually put a case as to why is contribution was better than Clarke, mcgoldrick and Armstrong?

skybluegod

So Jennings didn’t keep him out the team?

From what I remember he played as the attacking midfielder during that season?
Made 42 appearances.
Then sixfields season he was brilliant.
Season after, probably the best player of a bad bunch.
TM season, again brilliant.

His first season I will agree he didn’t settle well, but after that bad first season, he trimmed down a lot, and got better and better as a player.

itsabuzzard

He had an allergy in either penalty area. His goal scoring record was pethetic, his set pieces were poor and his assists contribution mediocre. Perhaps you’d like to actually put a case as to why is contribution was better than Clarke, mcgoldrick and Armstrong?
Hadn't realised he was meant to be a striker. Maybe he didn't either.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Fleck had too many bad games to be in the top 3.

Out of interest, who do you drop from the top 3 in place of Fleck?

skybluegod

Fleck had too many bad games to be in the top 3.

Out of interest, who do you drop from the top 3 in place of Fleck?

Armstrong- he was brilliant for half a season, people seem to forget he only scored 4 goals in the second half of the season.
Now before I get shot down, he was a brilliant signing, really liked him. But think fleck is underestimated by many. No surprise that he is shining at Sheffield United, and is ever present for them.

Agree fleck had bad games, first season he was very hit and miss. Probably one good game in 4.
However after that, especially during the sixfields and TM season, he was our most consistent player.

pusbccfc

Armstrong- he was brilliant for half a season, people seem to forget he only scored 4 goals in the second half of the season.
Now before I get shot down, he was a brilliant signing, really liked him. But think fleck is underestimated by many. No surprise that he is shining at Sheffield United, and is ever present for them.

Agree fleck had bad games, first season he was very hit and miss. Probably one good game in 4.
However after that, especially during the sixfields and TM season, he was our most consistent player.

Fleck was poor that second half of the season, as was the rest of the midfield. Armstrong can be forgiven for his lack of goals.

Fleck was best at Sixfields. Ran the show that season.

skybluegod

Fleck was poor that second half of the season, as was the rest of the midfield. Armstrong can be forgiven for his lack of goals.

Fleck was best at Sixfields. Ran the show that season.

Armstrong can be forgiven? But fleck can’t? Fleck was running the midfield by himself except for the TM season where he finally had a good partner on vincelot.

The problem was the forwards in TM’s season, understandably Armstrong and Murphy both burnt out. And hunt, fortune, Henderson, were all crap.

Fleck was pretty consistent for us.
Clarke and mcgoldrick, scored goals to drag us back into games, when we needed them. Armstrong, was very good, but seemed to get his goals in batches, and when we were playing well. Clarke and mcgoldrick scored when we didn’t play well.

pusbccfc

Armstrong can be forgiven? But fleck can’t? Fleck was running the midfield by himself except for the TM season where he finally had a good partner on vincelot.

The problem was the forwards in TM’s season, understandably Armstrong and Murphy both burnt out. And hunt, fortune, Henderson, were all crap.

Fleck was pretty consistent for us.
Clarke and mcgoldrick, scored goals to drag us back into games, when we needed them. Armstrong, was very good, but seemed to get his goals in batches, and when we were playing well. Clarke and mcgoldrick scored when we didn’t play well.

Armstrong wasn't given much during that second half of the season, that is what I am saying.

skybluegod

Armstrong wasn't given much during that second half of the season, that is what I am saying.

And what I am saying is, even when Clarke and Mcgoldrick weren’t being given much, they scored. That’s why they would be top 2.
Fleck, ran the midfield for us for 3 years. 2 by himself.

CJ_covblaze

Personally think Callum is a half decent writer considering he’s only in his mid teens. He’s given his opinion of the players we’ve had and although I don’t agree with some of the placings, it’s just his opinion.

For the record IMO Lewis Page was probably the worst player we had in a season where we got relegated. He was something like the 5th highest appearance maker too which robbed Haynes of valuable game time. Also although Armstrong was brilliant, from that season I’d have 3 players back before him. Stephens, Murphy and Vincelot.

Selling Vincelot and releasing Martin to sign Turnbull was one of the main contributing factors to why we got relegated. Martin wasn’t the best but he was more than adequate for that league and we knew what we had. Vincelot was Vincelot. Without him we had no midfield. Turnbull was a complete unknown quantity and awful for most of his time here.

With regards to Ricketts he was fine until around October of his first season here but after that he looked very slow and made countless very costly mistakes. Despite this, during that season I’m sure bar being sent off at Bramall Lane, the ban that followed and being subbed off with minutes to go in the last game of the season he didn’t miss another minute. He had been overplayed and was burnt out.

Users who are viewing this thread