City's Biggest Transfer Disaster - Burn the Cash (1 Viewer)

Legia Sky Blue

I agree that maybe we should have stuck with him - given him more time. But he was very disappointing whilst he was here. McFadz had a similar, albeit better, start and he's come good.
Was there a striker who failed a medical? Lund? Something like that? If so what happened to him after did he do anything?

Andreas Lund - Wikipedia

Looks like he would have been listed here if we had signed him!!

CovUpNorth

Strachan said his arrival spurred Dublin and Huckerby on to greater things.
He tried to shoehorn the of them in against Chelsea away and it didn't work and brought a decent unbeaten run to an end if I remember correctly.

I think a decent manager would have been able to play and get the best out of all 3.

Moldovan - Dublin - Huckerby

DannyThomas_1981

I think a decent manager would have been able to play and get the best out of all 3.

Moldovan - Dublin - Huckerby

I could not agree more. It was a disgrace that Strachan took us down with all of the money at his disposal. In moments of wishful thinking, if only we'd had Robins (with his current experience) and his management team in charge at that time. Robins is exceptional at spending money sensibly and continuously improving the team/squad. And not playing favourites. Strachan did not evolve the squad and make improvements in the key areas.

baldy

Paul Cook - the bargain basement McAllister
Cobi Jones - didn’t seem to do anything apart from run

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Manager-wise I would go for Mowbray.

giphy.gif

Grendel

I could not agree more. It was a disgrace that Strachan took us down with all of the money at his disposal. In moments of wishful thinking, if only we'd had Robins (with his current experience) and his management team in charge at that time. Robins is exceptional at spending money sensibly and continuously improving the team/squad. And not playing favourites. Strachan did not evolve the squad and make improvements in the key areas.

Most of our relegation squad were shite

junglej13

Andreas Lund - Wikipedia

Looks like he would have been listed here if we had signed him!!
Remember this guy holding up the number 9 shirt in the Telegraph after Dublin was sold. Failed the medical on a knee injury. Wimbledon later took a chance on him, his knee went and it pretty much ended his career. Also remember not long after a Norwegian Rune Lange we agree a fee for who I think attended a home game at Highfield Road. The fee was about £2.5m I think but it fell through. I've no doubt he would have been crap.

junglej13

Another that I remember annoying was Andy Impey. On a free but got quite a bit of appearance money and was brought on for 30 seconds at the end of matches. Must have spent a fortune on those at a time we were broke.
In fairness to Impey I'm pretty sure he didn't get a wage but did get an appearance bonus. Micky Adams brought him on a couple of times I think just as a decent gesture to him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In fairness to Impey I'm pretty sure he didn't get a wage but did get an appearance bonus. Micky Adams brought him on a couple of times I think just as a decent gesture to him.

Yeah he was on appearance only but it wasn't a couple of times. It was loads of games and only for two/three minutes at a time, costing us (reputedly) a couple of grand each time when we were absolutely flat broke.

Now fair enough the guy has to live but if we weren't going to use him extensively then he should never have been signed or released soon after. Total unnecessary waste of money and by doing so was a massive mismanagement of funds by the manager.

singers_pore

Collier and Jones have to be the worst. They were signed for a combined fee of £725,000 and were dire. Collier played two games - I think on debut it was against Stoke and he was like Malaga - it was odd and he never played in England again. Jones scored a 25 yarder - I think also against Stoke - into his own net and played 11 games before going to Hong Kong

‘Didn’t Jones score an og on his debut?

the rumpo kid

Eoin Jess was a bad one. Signed for 2 mill at the age of 25 so should have been in his prime. Think he only scored one goal in 2 seasons and was then sold back to Aberdeen for 700k.

Kevin Drinkell is another, close to 1 million and was garbage.
Scored the goal in a 1-0 win against QPR near the end of that season, they went down we stayed up, still known as eion bastard Jess bastard on the QPR sites.

Users who are viewing this thread