City v Villa today (1 Viewer)

Leamington Pete

A Cov 11 lost 4-1 in a bcd game at Villa’s training ground. A strong Villa team had first team players not away on international duty and a few younger lads. Not sure about our line up but our goal came from a Hamer free kick I believe. Played 90 mins in 4 quarters with a lot of changes.

fatso

Good to get some game time for Hamer before the first of his (probably) many suspensions.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yeh I don't disagree, but needs service and you know when you just look to someone for that little bit of magic?

Hamer is going to be a big player for us this season and you can see that he has that bit of quality on the ball. Interesting to see how Kelly slots back in, and I'm hoping Dabo is a lot sharper now - although Brentford are likely to be a stern test for him - reminds me, I need to buy an ifollow pass!!

shmmeee

Appeal on what grounds? It’s a red card by the letter of the law

Not that it wouldn’t be given, but I’m not sure it is by the letter of the law. You could argue the contact was negligible:

93897AF7-BD34-4102-A92E-4EFB41A8BE19.jpeg

The argument from the ref is basically that Hamer used excessive force or brutality. So it’s entirely subjective basically.

I’d also argue that if that’s the case then the shove beforehand was a definite red by the letter of the law. The head/face clause only applies when challenging for the ball not for off the ball incidents. Edit: misread it’s an additional rule. Point stands

As an aside I see that kicking the ball away or going to take a throw in then leaving it for a teammate are bookable offences and I never see either enforced.

Last edited:

stevefloyd

I posted once before in my last game playing a young chap went straight thro' me and left a nice scraze down my thigh leg, now I am not a violent person but I stood up and punched him as a genuine quick reaction, as soon as I did it I apologised to the ref and offered my hand to the guy who told me to fuck off, I then told him to do the same and showed the ref the mark down my leg and told him thats the first time I had ever done that...he let me off...so not all refs are bad...The point to the story is that yes Hamer did react but it was because he had been provoked by an aggresive push and it was probably just an instant reaction

Users who are viewing this thread