Match Thread City v Blackpool Tuesday (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

First half we played really well. There goal was annoying, as it came from our faffing around in attack. The ref was gallingly annoying, with the lino not far behind. Second half, the Southampton game caught up with us. Fair play though, we got a second wind right at the end. Disappointing result, but we have a few days rest - need to win 2 out of our next 3 to stay somewhere thereabouts.

Ccfcisparks

Then why aren't the board and Robins hammering it home just how close we are/were to the play offs?

Should be giving them the financial data of a play off challenge. Even an unsuccessful result in the play off would be a sell out home match and a sell out Wembley.
Because it would be like preaching to an empty room.

We are nothing to the owners, just a small set of financials lost in a portfolio of many other numbers

Sky Blue Harry H

Credit to Blackpool. One of the best to come to the Ricoh. Had a good, some positive football throughout.

Fans were excellent too. Again, best to come to us.

Yes, fair play - thought their fans gave them good support (did they have a drummer, but ours was missing tonight ?- thought that affected it a bit) Considering their numbers, I thought theirs was one of the best here this season.

Evo1883

The sheaf booking changed how we played to an extent , it was early , he couldn't really impose himself as he'd have liked too and you could argue it effected our overall play in parts

Greggs

Credit to Blackpool. One of the best to come to the Ricoh. Had a good, some positive football throughout.

Fans were excellent too. Again, best to come to us.
apart from the cunts that thought it was funny to try an intimidate my old man on the walk to the ground. Was very very tempted to let my feet and fists go but would have caused more trouble than it was worth. I suppose if you live in Blackpool it's easy to get excited when you get to leave there for a day.

Liquid Gold

All he does is wander out of position and play five yard balls. I’ve not seen him make a decent tackle or pass yet in what? 4 games? He was exactly the same against us for Swansea but they play possession football higher up the pitch so it’s not as noticeable.

He’s not the right player for us IMO and we’re stuck with him until pension age because we got excited we could sign someone who has played at this level. The best players we have are those we’ve brought up, arguably the worst we have are those “experienced Championship players”.
I don't know if that's true either. You could class Biamou Bakayoko etc. as players we bought up with us.

Even if you don't then you have to look at Dabo not being at his best, Kelly struggling with the level, Shipley nowhere near it.

Then for established Championship players Kane has been great, JCS has been great, Bidwell too early to tell, Waghorn injured but looked good on the pitch in the main. You could even make the argument that James was an established signing last season and helped keep us up.

I think the success rate is fairly consistent.

djr8369

The list goes on. Sheaf booking was an absolute joke. Blackpool handled the ball more than the Harlem Globetrotters, their players were outright shoving ours at times and nothing given. Pathetic. Worst ref I’ve seen this season by a mile and that’s saying something.
Players hanging off Gyro, grabbing him by the neck. Then one of our players gets a yellow for a 50/50

pusbccfc

Because it would be like preaching to an empty room.

We are nothing to the owners, just a small set of financials lost in a portfolio of many other numbers

We'd be a lot more than nothing if we got to the Premier League.

clint van damme

The list goes on. Sheaf booking was an absolute joke. Blackpool handled the ball more than the Harlem Globetrotters, their players were outright shoving ours at times and nothing given. Pathetic. Worst ref I’ve seen this season by a mile and that’s saying something.

Yeah, the continual hand balling was particularly noticable.

SBT

Derby with their 21 point deduction and most of the season with pensioners at centre back have a very good shot at staying up.

Ignoring the points deduction, they have four more points than they did at the same point last year.

This idea that there’s been some sudden tumble in quality across the whole division is one of the oldest cliches in the book.

shmmeee

Do you have a standout moment for Maatsen tonight, or Kane, or either of them on Saturday. Wing back is an unfashionable position.

Yes, Kane put some decent crosses in, Maatsen beat some men and played some nice balls as well as looking dangerous around the box. Even Shipley showed more in his cameo at LWB. So did Eccles at RWB playing out of position.

Maybe he’s going to suddenly burst out into a different player but considering he was the same for Swansea and QPR according to their fans I doubt it. He’s been here a month and he’s already reserve.

SkyBlue_Bear83

All he does is wander out of position and play five yard balls. I’ve not seen him make a decent tackle or pass yet in what? 4 games? He was exactly the same against us for Swansea but they play possession football higher up the pitch so it’s not as noticeable.

He’s not the right player for us IMO and we’re stuck with him until pension age because we got excited we could sign someone who has played at this level. The best players we have are those we’ve brought up, arguably the worst we have are those “experienced Championship players”.
Think it's a good point and something to be said about signing a player who is taking a step down, there career is on decline and rarely do they turn it around, usually they get worse as years go on are on, high wages and have no resale value. In three years time I expect Bidwell to be a worse player than he is today.

clint van damme

apart from the cunts that thought it was funny to try an intimidate my old man on the walk to the ground. Was very very tempted to let my feet and fists go but would have caused more trouble than it was worth. I suppose if you live in Blackpool it's easy to get excited when you get to leave there for a day.

Really? Fucking scumbags.

Ccfcisparks

Yes, Kane put some decent crosses in, Maatsen beat some men and played some nice balls as well as looking dangerous around the box. Even Shipley showed more in his cameo at LWB. So did Eccles at RWB playing out of position.

Maybe he’s going to suddenly burst out into a different player but considering he was the same for Swansea and QPR according to their fans I doubt it. He’s been here a month and he’s already reserve.
Which decent crosses did Kane put in? What chance were they for. I only remember Kane playing it right to the keeper.

So unlike you make out, there weren’t stand out moments as you have generalised there

pusbccfc

In reality £100m from getting to the premier league is a drop in the ocean compared to the value of assets they will be holding. The risk will not be worth the reward to them.

It's not just £100m though. It's selling out every match, global image, sponsorships etc.

Behind anything, it makes the club a very appealing asset for someone to buy for a large sum of money.

Ccfcisparks

Think it's a good point and something to be said about signing a player who is taking a step down, there career is on decline and rarely do they turn it around, usually they get worse as years go on are on, high wages and have no resale value. In three years time I expect Bidwell to be a worse player than he is today.
I assume you mean the same for Kane too

pusbccfc

Same at St Andrews when they targeted fans.

Unsurprisingly, quiet when a big number of Coventry were there in the summer.

Brighton Sky Blue

Ignoring the points deduction, they have four more points than they did at the same point last year.

This idea that there’s been some sudden tumble in quality across the whole division is one of the oldest cliches in the book.
Aside from Fulham running away with it the rest is very much up for grabs. We decided to bring a left back in at the cost of 7 players and that was it.

You can’t really say we’ve given this a proper go.

theferret

I think it is high time some people realised were not nearly as good as they think we are. We're utterly bereft of ideas in the final 3rd. All this angst about missing out on the top 6; that was never on the cards even with January investment.

Hopefully we can better last season's points tally and build again in the summer. No need to be alarmist, mid table is about right for this team right now. Nowt wrong with that.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think it is high time some people realised were not nearly as good as they think we are. We're utterly bereft of ideas in the final 3rd. All this angst about missing out on the top 6; that was never on the cards even with January investment.

Hopefully we can better last season's points tally and build again in the summer. No need to be alarmist, mid table is about right for this team right now. Nowt wrong with that.

The seasons will go in similar fashion until Robins runs out of magic tricks and we disappear. The owners are so far from fit for purpose for this league especially

shmmeee

What happened to those key passes? Can you tell me the stand out moments

I would have thought you would have learnt about writing off players early after the Moore embarrassment in the summer

Good one. Meanwhile back in the real world you’re defending a player that made a total of two passes in 35 mins on the pitch in a key position. And both of those were five yard balls to the CB. And not by actually saying what you think he did well, but by throwing two others under the bus.

Ccfcisparks

Good one. Meanwhile back in the real world you’re defending a player that made a total of two passes in 35 mins on the pitch in a key position. And both of those were five yard balls to the CB. And not by actually saying what you think he did well, but by throwing two others under the bus.
Time will tell, just like it did with Moore in the summer

Liquid Gold

This sounds awful but I'm half expecting the story to end with the dad played by Lawrence Fishburne but with an animated head that looks like a swordfish and Mark Robins is there giving Information on transfers burned inside kfc burger buns.

Greggs

This sounds awful but I'm half expecting the story to end with the dad played by Lawrence Fishburne but with an animated head that looks like a swordfish and Mark Robins is there giving Information on transfers burned inside kfc burger buns.
strangely enough the Mrs saved me a couple of pieces of The KFC chicken for when i got back. Not really hungry and debating what would be the best way to heat them up. Might just eat some crisps and give the chicken to the dog.

Users who are viewing this thread