City release 4 senior players (1 Viewer)

Tomh111

Just read on the city website that Herman, Sammy, Freddie and Danny Ireland are being released.
Personally I am glad we are rid of Fat Fred and Ireland, we cant afford to keep players who are injured, plus Dunn has more promise than Ireland.

I dont think its a surprise that Sammy is going, although he didnt have his best season I think he could have done a job for us in League 1, although ultimately a player with the wrong mentality and without a desire to play for the club should be moved on.

Herman is the one that I think we should have held on to, he provided valuable experience and looked solid defensively for us in the few games he played. The only positive I can see is that he was probably on a large wage and that can now be redistributed.

TheBoss

Herman is the one that I think we should have held on to, he provided valuable experience and looked solid defensively for us in the few games he played. The only positive I can see is that he was probably on a large wage and that can now be redistributed.

Yes, he provided valuable extra experience to the Physio's of the club.

blueflint

nothing new there then we could of sold sammy in the summer and got some money in more wasted chances

sw88

Chief Commentator!
All good moves IMO! None have done anything to deserve a new contract. Even Herman. At 38 it was always going to be a big ask for him to recover from injury and stay on! Plus I bet his wages aren't low either!

For Crainie to be not included in this list suggest we may have a slight chance of him staying. I think that would be a major coup for the club if he did stay

SkyBlueScottie

The telegraph mentioned that the 4 have gone, and that Cranie and Platt are in talks over a new deal.

As for the wages, The telegraph mentioned last week that Eastwood was on reportedly 10 k per week and Clingans new contract was an offer of 8 k per week. so thats the best part of a million right there.

covcity4life

thought maybe HH could squeeze 1 more year out but the rest does not bother me

freddy-8k? clingan 6k? hh -2k ireland 1k?

17k on l1 wages could get us 4-5 players

Astute

thought maybe HH could squeeze 1 more year out but the rest does not bother me

freddy-8k? clingan 6k? hh -2k ireland 1k?

17k on l1 wages could get us 4-5 players

Try 8 or more players

Users who are viewing this thread