City Poised To Sign 2nd Keeper (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Yeah it's Reice Charles Cook.

Released by Arsenal. Had a trial with Bristol City, never joined. Joined Bury played 2 games and was released I presume?

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

What is it with signing goalies we have two that's enough. This is the same as a few years ago when the only signings were Murphy and Dunn when we really needed outfield players.

stupot07

What is it with signing goalies we have two that's enough. This is the same as a few years ago when the only signings were Murphy and Dunn when we really needed outfield players.

The one on loan leaves in January. So we would need another keeper come then anyway. If he's cheap and is going straight out on loan I don't see the problem. It's not the same as Dunn and murphy as they were our only preseason signings, whereas we've already brought in some outfield signings and are looking to bring in more.

And anyway with Westwood and dimi leaving we needed 2 keepers back then anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

As he leaves in Jan why bother signing him it was just to bring in numbers to say look we have signed 5 as a balance to losing Wilson (which I do believe is a great sale). They all should be cheap we are in division 3 it seems to me to be about numbers rather than people in the right places.

stupot07

As he leaves in Jan why bother signing him it was just to bring in numbers to say look we have signed 5 as a balance to losing Wilson (which I do believe is a great sale). They all should be cheap we are in division 3 it seems to me to be about numbers rather than people in the right places.

It's not really people in the wrong places- we sold Adams, brought in Johnson who played left back for sheff Wednesday, we lost 3 wide men (moussa, Marshall and arguably petrasso) and brought 3 widemen in. We lost a keeper and brought the one in on loan, presumably to provide immediate cover and maybe even start, then there's an opportunity to pick up another cheap for the future.

We already have cover at rightback, so other than replacing the strikers, which they seem to be in the process of doing, I don't see how it's bringing numbers and not the right places? I also think we need strengthening in centre midfield.

It's still a bit early to start panicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SlowerThanPlatt

From the CT:

Goalkeeper Reice Charles-Cook kept goal for a second time, following his showing against Derby the week before, and commanded his area well, taking high balls and looking alert throughout, albeit not really tested in the opening 45.

Watched again by Sky Blues boss Steven Pressley who is considering signing the former Arsenal trainee and loaning him out to Boro for the season, the stopper kicked well and pulled off an impressive save from point-blank range to deny Elliott Whitehouse with 20 minutes to go.

Users who are viewing this thread