City players who were panned, or not rated by most, but who you quite liked (1 Viewer)

kg82

Maybe not panned, but I liked Clingan. Many didn’t!
Also, from what I remember (I was pretty young), it seemed to be 50/50 with Robert Rosario, but I really liked him too!

Otis

Maybe not panned, but I liked Clingan. Many didn’t!
Also, from what I remember (I was pretty young), it seemed to be 50/50 with Robert Rosario, but I really liked him too!
Have to confess, Clingan really annoyed me. So many times he would just pass sideways or backwards without even looking around to see what was on around him. Too much 'give me the ball/have it straight back again' going on for my liking.

He undoubtedly had skill though. That's probably what made it more frustrating for me.

Blind-Faith

McIndoe - every time he played against us or I saw him on TV he was class. Not so good here, but he had flash yellow boots and it alway wound my mates up so I always gave him MOTM

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Clingan and Stephen Hughes. Both were never going to run round like headless chickens like their midfield partner... but had technical ability.

also not a player I actually liked but one I felt sorry for - Ryan Allsop. He was never as bad as he was made out to be and was a better keeper than Burge

rob9872

All of em apart from Julian Darby, Kevin Kyle , Lee Hughes and Craig Bellamy.

I feel dirty for liking Marlon, but I did!

Sky Blue Harry H

Two who frustrated me - Conor Thomas (physique to be so much more assertive than he ever was), and Marcus Hall, who I liked as a person, but never quite looked as comfortable on the ball as he should have, given the level he was playing at. Couldn't believe it when Stoke paid reasonable money for him iirc? I liked Dele Adebola, though quite a few didn't.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Clingan and Stephen Hughes. Both were never going to run round like headless chickens like their midfield partner... but had technical ability.

Putting your foot on the ball and then passing it sideways or backwards when under no pressure and completely killing the momentum of a breakaway isn't technical ability - it's taking the easy option.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Jacob Murphy. Anyone with a brain could see how good of a player he was. But as soon as the crowd got on his back he seam to disappear.

He was the worst player on the pitch for over 20 games that season.

Mowbray's arrogance to keep playing him definitely cost in some ways.

Yes on his day he was unplayable, but those days were rare. The rest of the time he was just a burden.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Julian Darby. He was extremely underrated.
Not really.

Otis

Two who frustrated me - Conor Thomas (physique to be so much more assertive than he ever was), and Marcus Hall, who I liked as a person, but never quite looked as comfortable on the ball as he should have, given the level he was playing at. Couldn't believe it when Stoke paid reasonable money for him iirc? I liked Dele Adebola, though quite a few didn't.
Yeah I liked Adebola a lot.

I never, ever saw anything in Conor Thomas. Couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

hill83

He was the worst player on the pitch for over 20 games that season.

Mowbray's arrogance to keep playing him definitely cost in some ways.

Yes on his day he was unplayable, but those days were rare. The rest of the time he was just a burden.

Anyone with a brain was the caveat pal.

(joking of course)

Users who are viewing this thread