City of Culture article (1 Viewer)

joemercersaces

Sorry chaps,apparently it was behind a paywall!

Someone commented about City of Culture:

“It’s also to be a City of Sport. Ironic really that the city’s football team, the 137 year old Coventry City FC have been thrown out of the stadium built for it, by the owners the immigrant rugby club formerly known as London Wasps, who were sold the stadium on a 250 year lease by Coventry City Council, who also ignored the impact on the once mighty Coventry RFC. The Sky Blues, currently play in Birmingham, apparently because they refused to indemnify Wasps against any possible financial loss incurred if the European Union rule that the sale by the Council was dodgy. You couldn’t make this up.”

Then a John Gibson replied:

“You just have. Wasps would welcome CCFC back with open arms if the SISU were not involved in the equation. Over 90% of the Sky Blues fans want them out as well! You are not Les Reid in another guise, are you?”

OP put:

“Well that touched a nerve didn’t it? And you are? I’m not Les Reid but someone who has supported CCFC since 1969. Just where did you pluck your claim about what 90% of us think from? Are you aware that in a recent poll 97% of hundreds of respondents on Sky Blues Talk, a Coventry City fans forum, backed a statement saying exactly what I’ve said? Have I dreamed up the indemnity issue, I don’t think so. We used to blame everything on SISU, the owners, but now many of us see something very murky in the Council’s love-in with Wasps.”

BornSlippySkyBlue

Sorry chaps,apparently it was behind a paywall!

Someone commented about City of Culture:

“It’s also to be a City of Sport. Ironic really that the city’s football team, the 137 year old Coventry City FC have been thrown out of the stadium built for it, by the owners the immigrant rugby club formerly known as London Wasps, who were sold the stadium on a 250 year lease by Coventry City Council, who also ignored the impact on the once mighty Coventry RFC. The Sky Blues, currently play in Birmingham, apparently because they refused to indemnify Wasps against any possible financial loss incurred if the European Union rule that the sale by the Council was dodgy. You couldn’t make this up.”

Then a John Gibson replied:

“You just have. Wasps would welcome CCFC back with open arms if the SISU were not involved in the equation. Over 90% of the Sky Blues fans want them out as well! You are not Les Reid in another guise, are you?”

OP put:

“Well that touched a nerve didn’t it? And you are? I’m not Les Reid but someone who has supported CCFC since 1969. Just where did you pluck your claim about what 90% of us think from? Are you aware that in a recent poll 97% of hundreds of respondents on Sky Blues Talk, a Coventry City fans forum, backed a statement saying exactly what I’ve said? Have I dreamed up the indemnity issue, I don’t think so. We used to blame everything on SISU, the owners, but now many of us see something very murky in the Council’s love-in with Wasps.”
C’mon then, who was it?

Users who are viewing this thread