City Of Coventry Stadium (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueScottie

Deplorable that McDonalds are a title sponsor of the Olympics.....

Yes they put a lot into grass roots however its a plan to slowly fool people into thinking that the stuff they peddle is not too unhealthy...

CTID

Makes me laugh that the Ricoh has had to be renamed yet all the signs around Cov directing people to the City Of Coventry Stadium say 'follow Ricoh Arena'!

Crazy sponsorship rules!

haha i noticed this, i drive down that stretch of M6 everyday and always think how stupid it is. But then i guess the road signs wont make it onto TV whereas the stadium will?

chiefdave

I can kind of get the thing with sponsors although it is totally over the top but why does the club crest have to be covered up?

Changeyourface

Sponsors are only allowed at the Olympics if they give millions to the people that matter, spirit of the Olympics and all that. One of the most money driven events in the world.

hughescov

McDonalds are the only company that are allowed to sell chips 'fries' at olympic events too.. Unless other company's sell the chips with fish..

1nilandwe...

Among the other 'olympian' sponsors are Coca Cola and Cadbury's I believe. Ridiculous.I have also been told that in certain exculsion zones in London, the cash machines have been replaced with 'Visa only' cash machines. So if you don't have a Visa card, you can't use them. Also ridiculous.Invite the whole world to your house for a BBQ and turn the garden into a vacuous, sterile, giant advert. Fucking ridiculous.

CTID

And to cap it all....the actual olympic games are boring as fook! Lets all watch some dude jog around a running track for 20 mins or throw a big sharp stick in the air. The football is about the only thing interesting and even that doesnt interest me much lol

Nick

Administrator
The boxing isn't too bad but I don't think you get too many knockouts with the head guards :(

dutchman

And I believe Heineken is the only beer allowed to be consumed inside Olympic venues. All other beer taps and signs will have to be covered. I wouldn't mind so much but the muck brewed in the UK isn't even real Heineken.

Changeyourface

And I believe Heineken is the only beer allowed to be consumed inside Olympic venues. All other beer taps and signs will have to be covered. I wouldn't mind so much but the muck brewed in the UK isn't even real Heineken.

Could be worse, at least it's not that piss they call Carlsberg which you have to put up with at most football grounds.

Makes me laugh that the Ricoh has had to be renamed yet all the signs around Cov directing people to the City Of Coventry Stadium say 'follow Ricoh Arena'!

Crazy sponsorship rules!

they have even covered up the city link and puma logo on the city top in the shop window...... carazy

The CableGuy

The pitch looks fantastic.

Sent from my E10i using Tapatalk 2

Agreed, great job by the groundsmen.

I think its terrific that good old Cov is getting worldwide exposure like this.....and the Sweden vs South Africa game is quite good so far.

chiefdave

fairplay to the people of coventry at least some of them have turned up unlike the other games! weird that they've covered the club crest yet are quite happy for people to have CCFC flags on display complete with sponsors logo!

kdrinkell

fairplay to the people of coventry at least some of them have turned up unlike the other games! weird that they've covered the club crest yet are quite happy for people to have CCFC flags on display complete with sponsors logo!
lol yes its a bit weird that

So apparently commentators aren't allowed to mention the traditional stadium names either.

Jonathan Pearce: "Senegal had to go to the R- ... Coventry ..Olympic stadium..." :D

Changeyourface

Would be better if they turned up for a fucking Coventry game instead of some no-marks from Senegal.

Users who are viewing this thread