City may only have got one point... (1 Viewer)

rob9872

But I've got bloody 3!!!!

Took ages getting away tomight from the ground, so went a bit quicker on the M42 (yeah I know, my fault) and camera went off. Looked down and doing nearly 90, so won't even get speed awareness. Was proud of my clean licence prior to that. So infuriating and £100 fine too I guess :(

AStonesThrow

Took ages getting away tomight from the ground, so went a bit quicker on the M42 (yeah I know, my fault) and camera went off. Looked down and doing nearly 90, so won't even get speed awareness. Was proud of my clean licence prior to that. So infuriating and £100 fine too I guess :(
Let’s hope it wasn’t 90 or over cos that’s instant disqualification these days isn’t it

rob9872

Nah disqual at 100 I believe.

Old Warwickshire lad

That’s two of us then, camera got me coming through Nuneaton

Londonccfcfan

Same thing happened to me on M1 around Luton. 2 years after the Lincoln midweek home game.

Saw the flashes during variable speed limit. I didn't even chance of speed awareness. Was doing 80 in a 60.

rob9872

Looks that way online. Anything 91-100 is 4-6 points or 7-28 day ban. Should be only 3 points, easily done though. Hope you enjoyed the game
Yeah game was good lol ta

TewkesburySkyBlue

For future reference I come back to zGloucestershire on M42 normally like tonight avoiding any traffic coming away from
The ground by going through Small Heath and turning left onto A34 ignoring .satnav I cut across to J3 M42 as I am going south west .could show you the way if that would be of use to anyone

rob9872

For future reference I come back to zGloucestershire on M42 normally like tonight avoiding any traffic coming away from
The ground by going through Small Heath and turning left onto A34 ignoring .satnav I cut across to J3 M42 as I am going south west .could show you the way if that would be of use to anyone
Thx, will look at that.

Astute

If your speedo was showing nearly 90 you would have been doing about 85mph. They normally show you to be doing about 3mph faster than you are actually doing.

HerneBayGaz

Feel for you. Same thing happened to me on the way back on the sh1t M25. Many years ago I had more points on my license then the team had 6 games played :banghead:

torchomatic

No points for me, but missed first 5 mins of game despite leaving Warwick just after six. Temp traffic lights in Warwick and then all the traffic on the A45.

skyblue1991

No points for me, but missed first 5 mins of game despite leaving Warwick just after six. Temp traffic lights in Warwick and then all the traffic on the A45.
Don't get me started on the Warwick road works....

I know that works are over running too, I don't expect them to have been completed before July!

nunchuckas

The average speedo exaggerates your speed by 3-7 mph, so if it said nearly 90, you were probably more like 84.

Astute

I thought the M42 cameras were average speed cameras?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
They are getting sneaky. As well as the average speed cameras you also have the active cameras you can see clearly. But what many don't notice is they have started putting normal ones spaced out on the nearside of the road.

I use my sat nav to do 1mph or 2mph over the limit and set my cruise control. Doesn't sound a lot. But with the amount of roadworks there are these days I can have at least a quarter of a 400 mile journey through England where I am going 5mph faster than my Speedo says. And I rarely see anyone working at the roadworks. And that 10 minutes I save can get me on an earlier crossing.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If your speedo was showing nearly 90 you would have been doing about 85mph. They normally show you to be doing about 3mph faster than you are actually doing.

Is that still true? I thought the old analogue style ones you were given a margin of error of 10% but modern digital ones can be totally accurate. Do they deliberately set them to show a slower speed?

shmmeee

Is that still true? I thought the old analogue style ones you were given a margin of error of 10% but modern digital ones can be totally accurate. Do they deliberately set them to show a slower speed?

I believe the law allows them to show slower by a bit but not faster at all so assume they go low to be safe even if they’re accurate.

SAJ

Just compare your Speedo to a satellite on your sat nav. You will find you always slightly slower by about 5% than you think your doing.

Skyblueweeman

Is that really true?! Genuine question. Never knew that if so and might explain the times where I thought I was caught and I actually wasn't. I do a lot of driving across the UK with my job and know where the cameras tend to be on routes I know well.

steve cooper

Is that really true?! Genuine question. Never knew that if so and might explain the times where I thought I was caught and I actually wasn't. I do a lot of driving across the UK with my job and know where the cameras tend to be on routes I know well.
Yes they always over read, by law they must not under read but can over read by up to 10%, modern cars usually over read up to 3 mph

Liquid Gold

You should all download Waze, it always finds the quickest route, knows where the temporary traffic lights are and will warn you as you come up to a working speed camera.

Skyblueweeman

You should all download Waze, it always finds the quickest route, knows where the temporary traffic lights are and will warn you as you come up to a working speed camera.

I use Waze to be fair. Only thing is that it totally eats battery life although I think that's just because my work phone isn't a newer iPhone model. Good app though.

Astute

If you have a sat nav or maps on your phone use it when driving next. The speed is very accurate. You will see that it is constantly the same amount different all the time.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I believe the law allows them to show slower by a bit but not faster at all so assume they go low to be safe even if they’re accurate.

Wouldn't it be the other way round?

For safety reasons if anything they'd want the speedo showing slightly higher than what you're actually doing so you're going slower than you think. Plus if a camera catches you speeding there can't be any argument about the calibration of the speedo and it would've definitely shown you being over the speed limit?

shmmeee

For safety reasons if anything they'd want the speedo showing slightly higher than what you're actually doing so you're going slower than you think. Plus if a camera catches you speeding there can't be any argument about the calibration of the speedo and it would've definitely shown you being over the speed limit?

Dammit was hoping no one noticed that.

Mcbean

Yes it is this way round ! They should be just optimistic

Users who are viewing this thread