City Link collapses (1 Viewer)

rob9872

The blight of being associated with ccfc continues ...

2700 jobs at risk too, any in the city?

Happy Christmas

chiefdave

2700 jobs at risk too, any in the city?

Losing millions every year for years apparently. Bound to be some lay offs in the city as they have their head office in Cov. Not great news at anytime but would be awful to have this uncertainly over Xmas.

Wonder why they're losing so much money, badly run or a problem with the whole industry?

Nick

Administrator
I've noticed so many couriers in their own cars delivering and collecting, are they under cutting?

ecky

I've noticed so many couriers in their own cars delivering and collecting, are they under cutting?

Yep Everyman and his dog are at it incl taxis.
Whether they have public liability and goods in transit insurance is another question
I saw a car in Cov the other rammed to the roof with parcels, they must be a sitting duck for the opportunist
Doesn't city link have a depot where makro used to be?

hutch1972

Delivery companies are themselves only taking on the self employed(along with every other industry) To me its as bad as 0 hr contracts.
Wont be too many years before most jobs are taken up by self employed contracts.

bigfatronssba

Awful time for this to happen. My heart truly goes out to anyone involved.

torchomatic

Steve.B50

The blight of being associated with ccfc continues ...

2700 jobs at risk too, any in the cit

We use them for our transport but not surprised they have gone as they have become very poor in recent months and threatened to find an alternative carrier, looks like I gave no choice now.

stupot07

Very sad news......

Not sure it can be attributed to being associated with CCFC though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread