City interested in Aldershot left-back. (1 Viewer)

Astute

Because as we have the smallest squad he will have more of a chance of playing for us than anyone else.

Nonleagueherewecome

Who is it? My PC just hates the CT site and won't open the link.

Nonleagueherewecome

He was certainly highly rated in his BSP days and was versatile back then too-he's played defensive midfield and elsewhere in defence. He's played a lot of games and made the BSP Team of The Season in the past. Could be a good signing, similar to Hussey but maybe with slightly less potential.

Don't read too much into Grenada international, though-they've had players from the lower reaches of non-league in their side, not the best standard!

wingy

He was certainly highly rated in his BSP days and was versatile back then too-he's played defensive midfield and elsewhere in defence. He's played a lot of games and made the BSP Team of The Season in the past. Could be a good signing, similar to Hussey but maybe with slightly less potential.

Don't read too much into Grenada international, though-they've had players from the lower reaches of non-league in their side, not the best standard!
Played for england @under 18 also ,we've had 1 or 2 make that level recently ,but that was also around the time C palace released him ,trouble is however much potential there may be you can;t build an entire team on it .this has come from somewhere on an ipswich site ,wonder how they know who we're chasing,guess if this ones to happen it would have to be loan to permenant,thought the mantra was quality over quantity,should have kept liam davis

Last edited:

stay_up_skyblues

The prospect of Aldershots leftback coming in to compete with ex AFC Wimbledons leftback just made me do a sex wee :|

I think im slowly getting cynical about the city.

torchomatic

Yeah, rubbish ain't it? We've never had any luck with lower league defenders. Who were those two awful ones we got from Walsall...?

The prospect of Aldershots leftback coming in to compete with ex AFC Wimbledons leftback just made me do a sex wee :|

I think im slowly getting cynical about the city.

TommyAtkins

Given Thorn's experience in the world of scouting, it is of no surprise that the Sky Blues continue to look at players from the lower leagues (just before we join them).

Ashdown

Like I've said before we are preparing well for League 1, I think we should compete quite well.....................as long of course that SISU don't sell them all along with the kitchen sink when we go down. By the way, we need midfielders anyway, attacking midfielders at that.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Can't believe this.... We must scout tonnes of low league players... he is out of contract and young and seems to be not bad. Doesn't mean there is any substance to it!

torchomatic

Ha! Agreed there, Macca. However, we're still in the realm of "who knows?" and we do need cover for Hussey, who incidently I think is a cracking player.

don't force me to make a list of failures to counter that example Torchy!

Users who are viewing this thread