City in weird places (1 Viewer)

kg82

Currently in India and spent a fair few nights in Anjuna, Goa. Walked into a restaurant there on my 2nd night and there's about 10-12 flags hung up. One of them was a Cov flag! Next night I walk in and one of the guys working in the kitchen has a 96/97 shirt on! Couldn't believe it! So what weird and unlikely places has everyone else seen anything city related?!

torchomatic

About ten years ago on holiday in Devon me and my dad went to see Exeter City. I had the 70's tramline kit on. The kid selling the burgers was a City fan from Cov and was at Exeter University. Not that outlandish, but something I didn't expect.

Warwickhunt

I was in Angola and a local village I saw practically everyone wearing a Premiership/Championship football shirt even the Brown Striped one we had, I must have found the distiribution point of the clothes Aid that is sent from Brittain! A few were dressed like a Japanese General as well. Recycle the World I say

covkid69

i saw a city shirt on an airbus a330 at gate 6 of phuket airport....got chatting to the bloke wearing it and he lived in belgium :D

I saw eleven City shirts in the Democratic Republic of the Congo:

slide19.jpg

In all seriousness this is one of my mate's charities, called Kits4Causes, where they receive old Premier League kits and distribute them to Sub-Saharan African kids who just want to play football. Think the shirt/shorts/socks combo looks quite good actually!

EDIT - not just Premier League kits obviously!

Last edited:

Otis

Saw a Cov shirt amongst all the swathe of Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City tops at my daughter's school the other day.

I was shocked, I just couldn't believe it.

CJ_covblaze

Once saw a City pendant at a bar in Lanzarote.

Got my City and Blaze flags in a good position at the pen shootout at the Euro 2012 Semi. Ronaldo hit both of them from free kicks. Remember the last time Nani and Pique came so close to a City crest?
AwbU5ybCQAAVrxr.jpg

Hobo

My wife and I managed to watch Arsenal v Coventry live in a German bar in New Orleans. A bonus wedding present.

skybluetony176

while on holiday in sri lanka with the mrs we gave a local homeless kid a load of clothes from our suit case including a cov top, dont remember which year it was. so there is at least one local person in sri lanka with a cov top.

while on the lines of football tops abroad, i was once in Malta and i was wearing my cov top with misfud on the back and people just wouldn't leave me alone. coming up to me, slapping my back and shouting "the mosquito"

Hobo

while on holiday in sri lanka with the mrs we gave a local homeless kid a load of clothes from our suit case including a cov top, dont remember which year it was. so there is at least one local person in sri lanka with a cov top.

while on the lines of football tops abroad, i was once in Malta and i was wearing my cov top with misfud on the back and people just wouldn't leave me alone. coming up to me, slapping my back and shouting "the mosquito"

Yeah, you had mosquito's on your back! It was nothing to do with Misfud. ;-)

Sky Blue Norway

I bought a Coventry shirt from 1987 at a market in Kampala, Uganda in 2006 :) I also met a guy with a Coventry shirt in Laos during the World Cup in South Africa. We saw the Brazil - North Korea game together, and in the end he gave me his Coventry shirt.

James Smith

On holiday in Bermuda once with some friends, one of them lived there and had a boat which a couple of us stayed on. Walking around Hamilton I swore I saw someone in a City top in the distance. Never caught up with them but was convinced it was. However as we were packing up to go home this boat sailed past us with with a City beach towel hung up to dry on the side.

Very odd going into M&S in Bermuda

Gary.j

Early 90's, hotel lobby in Los Angeles, as we were walking towards the lift, a guy stepped out in a Cov shirt.

Gary.j

A pub in a little town in (Enniscorthy) in Co. Wexford, Rep.Ireland, about 10 years ago, a guy was wearing the purple and yellow striped Cov away top (same colours as Co. Wexford Gaelic teams). Turned out he was a distant relative, who went to several Cov games a year.

Users who are viewing this thread