City fans travelling from Warwick / Leam - Chiltern update (1 Viewer)

Not sure if this has been posted, if not some might find it useful.

Oxford United Vs Coventry City at Wembley | Chiltern Railways

HOME > news > Oxford United Vs Coventry City at Wembley
06 Mar 2017 09:13
On Sunday 2 April Oxford United will play Coventry City at Wembley Stadium

Chiltern Railways will be providing an enhanced high-capacity train service, where all trains that run between Warwick Parkway, Leamington Spa, Banbury, Bicester, Oxford Parkway and Oxford will call at Wembley before and after the game.

We are in the process of reviewing our train plan and this should be available at the end of next week. It has taken some time to produce this plan as we have had to secure a high level of capacity in order to accommodate such a large fan base. Please be assured we have been putting a huge amount of effort into planning this timetable.

Fans are advised that they can buy an Off Peak Day return ticket between Oxford Parkway and Wembley now (cost £24.30) or a Super Off peak ticket between Warwick Parkway and Wembley (cost £29.50). In addition, Groupsave is available and any ticket purchased will be valid for any train that day:

Ticket advice:

• Please ensure you buy/collect your tickets before the day of travel.
  • If you get a print at home ticket you will need to print this before getting to the station
  • If you decide to book tickets within the next few days before the timetable for this event is released, the reservation system will NOT recognise a direct route from the above stations to Wembley Stadium. Please note that on the day of travel, direct services will run and you will NOT have to change trains.
If you are travelling from Oxford please note that there will be more trains from Oxford Parkway than there will be from Oxford. Oxford Parkway is located adjacent to ‘Water Eaton’ Park & Ride and is easily accessed from the A34, A44 and M40 and is also well served by bus routes. We have around 800 car parking spaces and there is also a Park and Ride bus that operates from Oxford to Oxford Parkway.

If you are travelling from further north we advise you to travel from Warwick Parkway. This station also has ample parking and is easily accessed from the M40 and A46.

We will also have queuing systems in place and extra staff around to help at these stations which is needed as we expecting thousands of fans to travel.

If you are travelling to London on the 2 April, but are NOT attending the game, please note that our trains will be extremely busy. We therefore advise you to arrive in London after 1330, and avoid leaving London between 1630 and 2030.

We will have more information on how we’re supporting this match within the next few days.

matesx

Ive already bought mine from Banbury. Due to have changed at Gerrards Cross.

The Great Eastern

'If you get a print at home ticket you will need to print this before getting to the station'

Talk about stating the bleeding obvious....

Travs

'If you get a print at home ticket you will need to print this before getting to the station'

Yes but to be fair, with some of the questions asked on this site over the last month or so, seems like people could do with a few obvious facts pointing out. I mean, have some people never travelled by train/been to London/bought a ticket before in their life....

A lot of people just go to pieces in even vaguely unfamiliar surroundings. My mate works all over the country, can quite happily travel on the London Underground, but in Rome he just couldn't manage it on the underground. Bleeding hell, there's only two lines, and everything was in English anyway.

And on around 50% of train journeys I've seen someone have to buy another ticket because they haven't printed their ticket off, and just tried to show the receipt on their phone.

Muppets the lot of 'em....

shmmeee

To be fair I got a print at home ticket for the Belgrade and just showed them my phone with the email on.

Johnnythespider

Chiltern are well switched on - would be good if Virgin offered a similar clarification for services to & from Cov (unless they already have and I've missed it!).

I'd guess Virgin must be aware of demand by now, what with Otis buying 300 tickets just for himself. :)
I know he likes to sit on his own at the match but i think it's a bit greedy having a train all to himself

vow

Not sure if this has been posted, if not some might find it useful.

HOME > news > Oxford United Vs Coventry City at Wembley
06 Mar 2017 09:13
On Sunday 2 April Oxford United will play Coventry City at Wembley Stadium

Chiltern Railways will be providing an enhanced high-capacity train service, where all trains that run between Warwick Parkway, Leamington Spa, Banbury, Bicester, Oxford Parkway and Oxford will call at Wembley before and after the game.

We are in the process of reviewing our train plan and this should be available at the end of next week. It has taken some time to produce this plan as we have had to secure a high level of capacity in order to accommodate such a large fan base. Please be assured we have been putting a huge amount of effort into planning this timetable.

Fans are advised that they can buy an Off Peak Day return ticket between Oxford Parkway and Wembley now (cost £24.30) or a Super Off peak ticket between Warwick Parkway and Wembley (cost £29.50). In addition, Groupsave is available and any ticket purchased will be valid for any train that day:

Ticket advice:

• Please ensure you buy/collect your tickets before the day of travel.
  • If you get a print at home ticket you will need to print this before getting to the station
  • If you decide to book tickets within the next few days before the timetable for this event is released, the reservation system will NOT recognise a direct route from the above stations to Wembley Stadium. Please note that on the day of travel, direct services will run and you will NOT have to change trains.
If you are travelling from Oxford please note that there will be more trains from Oxford Parkway than there will be from Oxford. Oxford Parkway is located adjacent to ‘Water Eaton’ Park & Ride and is easily accessed from the A34, A44 and M40 and is also well served by bus routes. We have around 800 car parking spaces and there is also a Park and Ride bus that operates from Oxford to Oxford Parkway.

If you are travelling from further north we advise you to travel from Warwick Parkway. This station also has ample parking and is easily accessed from the M40 and A46.

We will also have queuing systems in place and extra staff around to help at these stations which is needed as we expecting thousands of fans to travel.

If you are travelling to London on the 2 April, but are NOT attending the game, please note that our trains will be extremely busy. We therefore advise you to arrive in London after 1330, and avoid leaving London between 1630 and 2030.

We will have more information on how we’re supporting this match within the next few days.
Good info, cheers for that.

Harry Krishner

I got a Chiltern Family Travelcard for myself and three kids for £27 including a pass for tubes etc in London.

Will go via Birmingham Moor st then do short hop to Cov on LM or Virgin. Normal trains via Euston about £50 each one way.

Good value these days.

no_loyalty

I got a Chiltern Family Travelcard for myself and three kids for £27 including a pass for tubes etc in London.

Will go via Birmingham Moor st then do short hop to Cov on LM or Virgin. Normal trains via Euston about £50 each one way.

Good value these days.

I'm going from Birmingham Moor Street to Beaconsfield, Beaconsfield to Wembley Stadium station, it might be an idea to avoid Cov station

Otis

Chiltern are well switched on - would be good if Virgin offered a similar clarification for services to & from Cov (unless they already have and I've missed it!).

I'd guess Virgin must be aware of demand by now, what with Otis buying 300 tickets just for himself. :)
You may laugh now, but come Sunday 2nd April you just try and see if they will let you get on 'carriage O' at 10.51, 11.08, 11.51, 12.18 and 12.51.

Terry Gibson's perm

You may laugh now, but come Sunday 2nd April you just try and see if they will let you get on 'carriage O' at 10.51, 11.08, 11.51, 12.18 and 12.51.

Virgin will be naming a train after you as you have virtually bought one for them:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

At the risk of becoming a train geek, Chiltern have today published a provisional timetable. Earliest train gets to Wembley at 10:12. :emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer:

From Warwick Parkway to Wembley Stadium: (all the below stop at Warwick and Leam)
High-capacity trains will depart at: 08.49, 09.02, 09.17, 09.39, 10.05, 10.17, 10.43, 10.54, 11.18, 11.41, 12.16 and 12.39.

Users who are viewing this thread