City could be wound up by ACL (1 Viewer)

covmartin

Seems people on the council are fast losing patience looking at this article taken from today's Telegraph http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/city_could_be_wound_up_by_acl_770915/index.shtml

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
nice to see the councillor doesnt think the ACL should wash away in the rain ......... think he means insolvent:whistle: * edit i take that back because he actually said insolvent Covmad got it wrong *

But to be honest he should not be making statements on this unless sanctioned by the ACL board and through the PR firm that ACL Council Charity have appointed to make statements. He ends up undermining the process at a time ACL etc need to be seen to be strong and all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Last edited:

Waldorf

Blundell is a Tory. He can't speak for the council, since he's an opposition councillor. It's just his own opinion.

tippex9

Political point scoring, yawn!!!

I grew tired of all the he said/she said by SISU, council, ACL, Higgs & fans ages ago. We've been going bust/wound up/admin since 2003.....

Still here, still got my season ticket.

Let me know when something ACTUALLY happens

SISU pay the feking rent. You knew what you were getting yoursleves into. If you dont want to pay it then give the club away for a nominal sum and fek off. ACL & Higgs can then negoitate with a new owner.:jerkit:

Attachments

• rope.jpg
    rope.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 11

Otis

Thing is, Sisu could in fact just pay the monthly rent they believe to be a reasonable amount.

As the ACL statement says, they want Sisu to at least pay something. So, rather than pay nothing wouldn't it have been wiser for Sisu to pay what they see as the figure in their eyes it should be.

They could still fight exactly the same corner.

Tad

Ah politicians. Useless. Each and every one of them.

señor Santiago

Im sorry some city fans need a reality check. coventry city fc owe £60 million not sisu. It is not if but when coventry city are wound up. sisu want to buy the stadium not coventry city fc. If we go bust with the council owning the ricoh, with 15000 fans we can be back in the football league from the north league conference in two years. This is a better option that spending a lifetime trying to service the debt of £60 million, having to sell the best players every season

Otis

What on Earth does a company like ACL need a PR company for.
What a downright waste of money that must be.
When Swissair went bust a few years ago, the new company paid a PR company CHF 15 million to come up with a new and more appropriate name. As some of you might know, the PR company, after CHF 15 millions worth of deliberation, came up with the name "Swiss". What a masterstroke for CHF 15 million. Christ on a bike!
PR companies my arse. What has happened to my poor country since I left it? Someone get me some free "councelling" please - I feel a fit of despair coming on.

Think you'll now find it's called a 'spasm of desolation' rather than a fit of despair.

I charged them a fiver for that.

Users who are viewing this thread