Cian Harries (1 Viewer)

simonregis

Hoping TM moves Ricketts over to full back and gives Cian Harries a run out. This lad is going to be good. If you think Maddison is good then you haven't seen this kid. One of the sweetest left feet I've ever seen from a central defender.

This is the perfect opportunity to blood him and George Thomas. Playing a lowly club at the start of the season when we are sitting pretty is ideal.

simonregis

I am not sure about changing central defensive partnerships all of the time.

But as with the case with Maddison what happens when we get an injury? I think the best time to blood the youngsters is in games like this. Have the experienced guys waiting in the wings on the bench for emergency but this kid is going to be our future captain for sure.

Nick

Administrator
It is all well and good saying lowly clubs and getting cocky and resting players but it doesn't always go to plan does it?

percy

But as with the case with Maddison what happens when we get an injury? I think the best time to blood the youngsters is in games like this. Have the experienced guys waiting in the wings on the bench for emergency but this kid is going to be our future captain for sure.

he will probably be sold before he gets anywhere near the captains armband

AGSB15

After watching Under 21 games this season, this lad does stand out as a quality player. He seems to have composure on the ball and his reading of the game and passing are of a very high standard.

Regarding tonight's game, I would start with Phillips at right back, keep Reda and Sam in the middle and give Harries 10 minutes at the end if all is going well

Sky Blue Harry H

Use the JPT to blood any of these likely sorts. Incidentally, I'm really chuffed we got a bye in the first round, as other teams now have the chance of picking up injuries that we don't (Burton away tomorrow at Donny will do nicely for a start!);)

SlowerThanPlatt

After watching Under 21 games this season, this lad does stand out as a quality player. He seems to have composure on the ball and his reading of the game and passing are of a very high standard.

Regarding tonight's game, I would start with Phillips at right back, keep Reda and Sam in the middle and give Harries 10 minutes at the end if all is going well

If he's only on the stand by list for Wales U19 I'd like to see the players in front of him! Or maybe CCFC have said he's playing some part in the next 2 games/waiting on the fitness of other players

Hobo

The time is when we have put a game to bed; bring him off the bench and give him 20 minutes and give Ricketts or Reda a rest.

skybluegod

I don't think he is quite there yet... He was bullied by nuneatons striker in pre-season, he undoubtedly has very good technique and skill, but physically and mentally still think he needs some work and wouldn't thrust him in just yet.

Nick

Administrator
When I saw him in pre season in the warm up he looked a bit timid, he did put a couple of good tackles in in the game though.

johnwillomagic

Should be nowhere near first team at present - as other have said sub/start in JPT trophy probably the way to go.
In first team squad maybe on bench to be used when suitable. Our back 4 was settled and we have Phillips/Haynes and Martin
ahead of him in pecking order defensively I imagine. One for the future for sure but not the near future really!

stupot07

You don't blood kids in a league game, unless there is nothing to play for or there's an injury crisis. He's not good enough yet, would rather we stuck with Ricketts and Johnson, and played Phillips rightback. We've just conceded 4 in our last 2 games, the back four needs some continuity and to develop partnerships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

simonregis

You don't blood kids in a league game, unless there is nothing to play for or there's an injury crisis. He's not good enough yet, would rather we stuck with Ricketts and Johnson, and played Phillips rightback. We've just conceded 4 in our last 2 games, the back four needs some continuity and to develop partnerships.

So what happens if Ricketts or Johnson are injured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Simonregis- Martin comes in and Morris can also play Cb

And finch (whoops).

Yep, but in all seriousness you have to play you strongest team in every game possible, the squad have had a long break and we lost our last game? And conceded 4 in 2. You have to play your strongest team. Can you imagine suggesting resting Armstrong to give G Thomas a run out......

Hobo

Good opportunity for some real competitive football...time to man up Cian, good luck

asiaskyblues

And this is why TM hasn't kept Ramage, Martin or Johnson.He get criticised for not giving the youngsters a go and then he gets criticised for getting rid of a older players.
Cian and Willis must be given a go because quite frankly they can't do much worse than this season. I agree with ALL the keeps and goners and with TM openly saying promition is our goal, whereas this season he has always refused to be drawn in on the question of promotion even when we on top.

pusbccfc

He was brilliant tbf. Passing was superb until later on in the game when he gave one or two away.

Needs to bulk up, but as a ball playing centre back he looked very good.

hamil99

Facebook User
And this is why TM hasn't kept Ramage, Martin or Johnson.He get criticised for not giving the youngsters a go and then he gets criticised for getting rid of a older players.
Cian and Willis must be given a go because quite frankly they can't do much worse than this season. I agree with ALL the keeps and goners and with TM openly saying promition is our goal, whereas this season he has always refused to be drawn in on the question of promotion even when we on top.

Have to say i forgot about Willis. I am surprised he let Martin go but i do believe if Cian bulks up a bit he will be a commanding center half. I honestly believe he has faith in the youngsters coming through and has kept on Ricketts and Tudgay to guide them, plus the wages TM must of freed up with getting rid of the players he has means he can get in a few top players for league 1 to help bolster the squad.

*Edit: He will then also use the loan market to bump up the squad numbers. Really believe TM & Venus have a solid plan!

Hobo

He looks promising. But it is still just one game. We know from experience kids can be inconsistent and make mistakes and burn out mid term.

Let's give him a chance but not big him up too much or put the weight of expectation on his shoulders

Warwickhunt

I really hope that TM and MV have a centre back lined up cos they were rare as rocking horse shit this season just gone

Otis

Best get him down Nandos sharpish
What, to meet all the other high profile potential new signings?

Or is that Burger King? I always forget where all the top international players we are definitely going to sign without any question whatsoever are.

Users who are viewing this thread