Christmas Quiz AGAIN! PLEASE READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!!! (1 Viewer)

Grendel

So its the moment everyone was waiting for and makes lockdown an irrelevance until people starting answering

Usual rules - I donate £20 to the winner of the quiz and I trust each entrant to make a gift to the chosen charity of my choice - this year it is Dogs Trust

As mentioned I have also donated £30 to the charity which was ccfcway choice - Cystic Fibrosis Trust - if you feel generous please also donate to this as well as the dogs Trust if entering - so eyes down - and here we go again

Remember no posting answers ALL TO BE PM'd TO ME AT THE END OF THE QUIZ!!!

Grendel

Goalkeeper

"I sit here in my prison cell and I often think of that time I played for Coventry City and I had such a memorable day. Sadly I had that stupid affair and my wife found out and I strangled her to death and now I am here for ever"

Grendel

Right Back

“The goalkeeper is a no mark. I murdered 3 people and now walk the streets of Britain again. Also once lived in a road named after me (trivial fact that)

Grendel

Left Back (an easy one)

Puz3 (2).jpg

Puz3.jpg

Last edited:

Grendel

Centre Half 1

"Now I know the goalie and the centre half have been bragging about their crimes. There is no truth at all I became a plural than a singular so that people did not think I was related to a truly heinous child murderer.

No I was just a guy who played a handful of times for CCFC and then established a career at another club"

Here I am!

D P.jpg

Grendel

Centre Half 2

OK here I am below looking all clean shaven. Now actually we are talking about my nephew who played for CCFC for a fair few seasons in the 70's. I scored 3 goals in my whole career. Three more than him - well he claims he once scored in that silly indoor US league

Puz1.jpg

Last edited:

Grendel

Geese.jpg

Right Midfield

"Look here is a photo of me and some mates on my paint ball day out in Cannock Chase. We ended up staying in a caravan overnight. The two dicks as usual got pissed and threw up everywhere! They said they got bored with me telling them about my first professional club Coventry City and the other 14 or so clubs I played for. At least the foreign guy looked interested"

Grendel

Central Midfielder 1

The picture below is a clue to a midfielder who started life in the Championship for CCFC

If you think he was a favourite of mine you would presume wrong. I would presume not and we never even met here anyway

b1.jpg

Last edited:

Grendel

Central Midfielder 2

I made one appearance in the Championship = never went on my knees - before moving around clubs in a another country - the epitome of a journeyman Puz4.jpg

Last edited:

Grendel

Left Midfield

Total flop signed in the premier days - played very little and really hardly played much again

R Bean.jpg

Soldier.jpg

Grendel

Striker 1

Back to this again

b1.jpg

This striker scored more in the cup than the league and played a decade at a club in a lower league

Know the monument I presume you know this striker

Last edited:

Grendel

I will do the final striker tomorrow and then by Monday:

Sub Goalie
Sub outfield player

Then I will plug it shamelessly to actually try and get some responses and end it just before the end of the Year

Monners

Good effort. Thanks for doing this again, and of course to the benefit of the good causes.

(I haven’t got many yet, but will donate either way)

Grendel

Good effort. Thanks for doing this again, and of course to the benefit of the good causes.

(I haven’t got many yet, but will donate either way)

Ive done it differently this year. It’s hard to know how to pitch it. I’m hoping even if it’s a pound each to the nominated charities and people only know a couple they will enter.

Id be amazed if someone gets then all but I say that every year.

Grendel

Centre Forward No 2

"I enjoyed my time at CCFC in the Premier League Years. I had such a smashing time I remember very well telling all my tales to my dinner guests at a very special party. Here are my guests"

MC2.jpg

MC1.jpg

Grendel

SUB Goalkeeper

"I need no introduction. I actually managed to do this as well as Ian Botham did you know?"

VR 1.jpg

Grendel

Sub Outfield Player

"I am still playing. I played at Coventry briefly in League 1. I am a big fan of Sir Brian Rix. I once did an impression of the great Sir Brians favourite comedy act. It got me into trouble and made more headlines that may very average time at Coventry"

Frohe Wehnacten!

Grendel

So that concludes this years Quiz. Please send answers via PM. Remember the two charities to support. Even if you do not know all the answers please join in and send me anyway and donate.

Even £1 per entry for each charity is fine. We have had nearly 140 views on the thread so that amount would be a great gesture.

Hope you enjoyed and Good Luck!!!!

Brighton Sky Blue

So that concludes this years Quiz. Please send answers via PM. Remember the two charities to support. Even if you do not know all the answers please join in and send me anyway and donate.

Even £1 per entry for each charity is fine. We have had nearly 140 views on the thread so that amount would be a great gesture.

Hope you enjoyed and Good Luck!!!!

When is deadline for entering?

Grendel

I aim for say Dec 30 so can get winner out at New Year

I might extend until June so Harry can work out the answers this year

Sky Blue Harry H

I might extend until June so Harry can work out the answers this year

Was that aimed at me G :ROFLMAO:? If so, I'm going to enter (and donate to a charity, promise). I've been a bit busy dealing with funeral stuff at the moment, but hats off to you for arranging this - a lot of effort clearly gone in. Will look through to find the deadline, but will try and submit the (some !) answers by the end of tomorrow! (I'll have to read up the rules re: charity donation!)

Just seen the deadline is Dec 30th (funeral date!) so I have some 'studying; time.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Are we allowed to google any of this? I've got a couple but with some of the picture clues ive no idea who/what they are showing to work anything out from. Same with the stats for a single appearance/first club.

Grendel

Are we allowed to google any of this? I've got a couple but with some of the picture clues ive no idea who/what they are showing to work anything out from. Same with the stats for a single appearance/first club.

For sure. There are clues in the wording of a lot as well

Grendel

I’ve resorted to reverse image search a couple of times but he’s mostly picked ones tin eye can’t find. It’s an excellent quiz to do in these times of google. Still really challenging. 👍

Thanks. As I said some of the terminology in some clues is designed to be as useful as the pictures

There is slight poetic licence on the keeper but not very much

Grendel

Are they all cov / ex-cov players?
It may sound like a silly question but I have a reason for asking.

They have all played at least once for Coventry in some capacity

Users who are viewing this thread