Christmas Decorations (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As a devout Christian, I find these puns rather insulting. Would you talk of Muhammad the same way?
Muhammed (or whatever his name is these days) is just as much an imaginary friend as your pal. Get a life!

R

RB1992

Muhammed (or whatever his name is these days) is just as much an imaginary friend as your pal. Get a life!
Needlessly provocative statement there. Why some atheists feel the need to point out the doubt surrounding our Lords existence is truly beyond me. I have never pushed my faith onto you, so would kindly ask you do the same with your beliefs.

Otis

Needlessly provocative statement there. Why some atheists feel the need to point out the doubt surrounding our Lords existence is truly beyond me. I have never pushed my faith onto you, so would kindly ask you do the same with your beliefs.
Don't you mean 'your' Lord's existence? Why some Christians feel the need to point out he's 'our' Lord is beyond me.

:)

RegTheDonk

I want to get some of those projecter lights by JML this year...
Wife got a lazer thing last year Daz, is that the same? I pointed out we didn't have a border on the front, the cars would get in the way, and it would probably get nicked on the first night. Suggested a pole attached at the top but she didn't want anything sticking out. She said she's not wasting the money and insisted we use it in the back room. God knows how we haven't blinded the family....

indoor-lazer.jpg

Sky_Blue_Daz

Wife got a lazer thing last year Daz, is that the same? I pointed out we didn't have a border on the front, the cars would get in the way, and it would probably get nicked on the first night. Suggested a pole attached at the top but she didn't want anything sticking out. She said she's not wasting the money and insisted we use it in the back room. God knows how we haven't blinded the family....

View attachment 8340
Yeah that's the one mate, saves the hassle of putting lights up

Houchens Head

If you were brought up as I was, with religion and the church shoved in your face twice a day, living with sadistic bitches calling themselves nuns and living in fear of a paedophile priest in a convent, and all from the age of just 5 until I was 10, then maybe you'd have the same opinion as me pal. Don't EVER try to convert me to your pretend beliefs!!! Now fuck off and don't bother me again!

R

RB1992

If you were brought up as I was, with religion and the church shoved in your face twice a day, living with sadistic bitches calling themselves nuns and living in fear of a paedophile priest in a convent, and all from the age of just 5 until I was 10, then maybe you'd have the same opinion as me pal. Don't EVER try to convert me to your pretend beliefs!!! Now fuck off and don't bother me again!

If you could kindly point out where I've tried to convert you to my "pretend beliefs" I will duly apologise. Until then, I simply request that you allow us to co-exist in harmony and peace, as was preached by our Lord Jesus Christ.

Astute

Nobody is pushing the fact that they don't believe.

What you are saying is that they shouldn't say that they don't believe. But if you do believe then you are allowed to say so.

That isn't what freedom of speech is all about. Or freedom of thought.

Astute

If you could kindly point out where I've tried to convert you to my "pretend beliefs" I will duly apologise. Until then, I simply request that you allow us to co-exist in harmony and peace, as was preached by our Lord Jesus Christ.
You was the one who started it.

No harm has been done here. But we all need to respect each others views. That includes those whose views are the total opposite of our own. And you can have a joke on the subject unless it is blasphemous.

ajsccfc

What gives you the idea my faith is not genuine?

You seem to steam round putting up opposition to posts just because, so I don't believe you mean a single word you say. You're laying it on way too thick here as always.

R

RB1992

Nobody is pushing the fact that they don't believe.

What you are saying is that they shouldn't say that they don't believe. But if you do believe then you are allowed to say so.

That isn't what freedom of speech is all about. Or freedom of thought.

Not at all - HH is welcome to his opinion and I respect that, but referring to My Lord Saviour as an "imaginary friend" in my view is very condescending and provocative. I question why he felt the need to direct that comment towards me? What does it achieve?

richnrg

Not at all - HH is welcome to his opinion and I respect that, but referring to My Lord Saviour as an "imaginary friend" in my view is very condescending and provocative. I question why he felt the need to direct that comment towards me? What does it achieve?
you mean you've actually seen him?

R

RB1992

Whilst Christianity doesn't have a history of persecution like some other religions, primarily Judaism, I do feel that, especially over the past century, Christians are increasingly having to put up with passive persecution in the form of mockery and blasphemy. There does not seem to be any barriers when it comes to mocking Christianity, Christians and their beliefs - much more so than any other religion. Why is this?

It is especially concerning considering that, especially in light of recent events in this country, Christianity tends to be amongst the most welcoming and accepting faiths.

Houchens Head

1. Whilst Christianity doesn't have a history of persecution like some other religions,........... 2. Christians are increasingly having to put up with passive persecution in the form of mockery and blasphemy.......... 3. Christianity tends to be amongst the most welcoming and accepting faiths.
Let's get a couple of things straight here.
1: Christianity DOES have a history of persecution! Just ask any kid that's been in a choir, or like me, been dragged up and abused both physically and mentally, in a convent - ran by so called "Christians"!
2: I agree Christians are being persecuted in the form of mockery and blasphemy, because more and more people are finally realising what an absolute fucking joke it is!
3: 'Welcoming and accepting faith'? Yeah, if you're a 9 or 10 year old kid! Look at the reports that are constantly in the news about priests and vicars!
Oh, and by the way, you will NEVER see your god because he simply doesn't exist! How many people pray that a disaster won't happen or pray that their loved ones come home safe? And does your god listen? Does he fuck!

R

RB1992

Let's get a couple of things straight here.
1: Christianity DOES have a history of persecution! Just ask any kid that's been in a choir, or like me, been dragged up and abused both physically and mentally, in a convent - ran by so called "Christians"!
2: I agree Christians are being persecuted in the form of mockery and blasphemy, because more and more people are finally realising what an absolute fucking joke it is!
3: 'Welcoming and accepting faith'? Yeah, if you're a 9 or 10 year old kid! Look at the reports that are constantly in the news about priests and vicars!
Oh, and by the way, you will NEVER see your god because he simply doesn't exist! How many people pray that a disaster won't happen or pray that their loved ones come home safe? And does your god listen? Does he fuck!

If it was as you say it was, what happened between you and your priest all those years ago was completely wrong and should have been reported. It really does pain me to see experiences like this cloud people's rationale so drastically.

Houchens Head

If it was as you say it was, what happened between you and your priest all those years ago was completely wrong and should have been reported. It really does pain me to see experiences like this cloud people's rationale so drastically.
It's been reported many times by the hundreds of kids that passed through those convent doors. Me? It all happened 60 years ago and the shithole that was Nazareth House has been demolished. The best day of my life (after leaving that place) was the day I passed by and saw the demolition bulldozers on site!
Nazareth House.JPG

......... and the view from above, to show how much land the "Poor Sisters of Nazareth" owned.

2-1-1-2.jpg

Apart from the Austin Factory across the road, they owned ALL of the land in the photo! And yet we were fed stale and mouldy food! Please don't preach to me how "caring" the church is!

R

RB1992

It's been reported many times by the hundreds of kids that passed through those convent doors. Me? It all happened 60 years ago and the shithole that was Nazareth House has been demolished. The best day of my life (after leaving that place) was the day I passed by and saw the demolition bulldozers on site!
View attachment 8343

......... and the view from above, to show how much land the "Poor Sisters of Nazareth" owned.

View attachment 8344

Apart from the Austin Factory across the road, they owned ALL of the land in the photo! And yet we were fed stale and mouldy food! Please don't preach to me how "caring" the church is!

I am truly sorry to hear of your experiences. Remember, the Lord Almighty cleanses all of our sins if confessed and will welcome you with open arms.

Ian1779

I am truly sorry to hear of your experiences. Remember, the Lord Almighty cleanses all of our sins if confessed and will welcome you with open arms.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Houchens Head

i don't think this is an appropriate thing for you to be winding him up about
Dickheads like this don't wind me up. They are too pathetic. He's an obvious WUM and troll, so I'll block the twat anyway!

Otis

Very poor wumming. Posts normally all the time and then suddenly starts using 'Our Lord' and 'The Lord Almighty' here as if that's the way he usually talks.

Sky Blue Pete is a strong Christian on here and never talks that way.

Nul points.

dancers lance

Very poor wumming. Posts normally all the time and then suddenly starts using 'Our Lord' and 'The Lord Almighty' here as if that's the way he usually talks.

Nul points.
I'm 50/50 it could be a piss poor troll, however, It wouldn't surprise me if he was 100% genuine.

Sick Boy

Usually I'm not bothered about it and put up a tree for the first time at ours last year. Actually looking forward to it this year and suggested putting the tree up at the end of the month haha

R

RB1992

Nul points.

As previously stated, I don't wish to push my beliefs onto anyone else, so why would I mention God in any other thread?

Users who are viewing this thread