Christie back in training (1 Viewer)

thechase

i can't believe everyone prefers clarke to christie!
i though for the majority of last season christie was class!
quicker than clarke, a better tackler than clarke, better in the air than clarke, better on the attack than clarke, more two footed than clarke, less clumsy than clarke. Just an all round better player IMO

All of your comparisons are correct if you switch the names around. Clarke is the better full back by a country mile. Christie is perceived to be better as he makes runs forward and is quick, however this means positionally and defensively he isnt at a good level yet. Much the same argument as with Hussey, going forward good but going backwards poor.

stupot07

Yep I agree - Clarke is a much better all round player and defender, and is more comfortable on the ball. I agree with the thecase people got blinded with Christies runs and trend a blind eye to the countless errors he made that resulted in goals.

ccfcway

1 thing i can say for certain

there isnt another club in this league with the quality of clarke and christie as their RB options

stupot07

clarke is useless with his left foot though and you've got to admitt he can't head the ball to save his life!!??

Did you not see Birmingham home game when King kept peeling off on to Clarke for the goalkeepers kick? Clarke won his fair share of the headers.

Sutty

I reckon we'll lose Clarke in January. A Premier League side will take a punt on him, I think he's that good.

torchomatic

You know, I really can't see it with Clarke. I'm in the minority though obviously.

Good to hear! Christie is one of our very talented young players who still has a lot more to offer. Cannot wait to see him playing again :)

Users who are viewing this thread