Chris Wilder (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottChegg

Ive just heard on talksport that Oxford manager Chris Wilder will be appointed today. I'll be honest and say I don't know a great deal about him but I can't help but be disappointed... From what I can make out the fans wanted Wise and as you think the club might turn a corner and make an ambitious decision we appoint somebody who is proven to "work on a shoestring" it just speaks volumes if you ask me..

I'm not writing Wilder off before he's started and I obviously hope he does wee I just feel like its just another kick in the sky blue bollocks...

LJC_CCFC

Ive just heard on talksport that Oxford manager Chris Wilder will be appointed today. I'll be honest and say I don't know a great deal about him but I can't help but be disappointed... From what I can make out the fans wanted Wise and as you think the club might turn a corner and make an ambitious decision we appoint somebody who is proven to "work on a shoestring" it just speaks volumes if you ask me..

I'm not writing Wilder off before he's started and I obviously hope he does wee I just feel like its just another kick in the sky blue bollocks...

My thoughts exactly

Grendel

Who knows - if this is true (and I think it looks possible now) we have to assume he has been targeted for a reason.

Wise may be the fans choice but then so was Adams and so was Thorn so this in itself means little and Wise absence for a long time from management may have been an issue.

The good thing is this is a big move for the guy which was not really the case for virtually all the predecessors up to Black.

He will we hope rise to an enourmous challenge - this could be the biggest season we have had in many generations.

Good luck.

ScottChegg

I'm really not saying not to give the guy a chance and it's obviously a massive move for him from Oxford. I guess I'm just frustrated with the whole situation.... We need a motivator and I just hope he's the man to do it.

Innocent until proven guilty I suppose

CCFC_Charlie

Sounds like the kind of manager we need, someone on the way up. Young and hungry but with managerial experience.
We don't need someone who has been out of the game for a while, (Blackwell, Wise) or someone sacked for failure (Ince).
He's taken Oxford from a lower mid-table conference side to a top 10 League Two side, who flirted with the play-offs with an smallish budget.

pusbccfc

I'm not too sure on this one!

RichieGunns

Good I'm glad this has been done. It's an outside appointment (which everyone wanted) of a manager who has shown he has the where with all in management, just needs an opportunity like this to prove himself at a higher level. I for one hope he's the one to get us going again, assuming this is true.

If it is then play up Wilders Sky Blue Army!!

Black6Osprey

If it is true then so be it.

I have no feeling one way or the other. He could be great or the worst we've ever had, but that could said for any appointment we make. I'm always sceptical with fans choices anyway as they usually turn out to be terrible. Lets just see what happens. Everyone still has a rose tinted Eric Black love in, but what was his history before he took over? You just never know. Im sure we all expected more from Dowie, Coleman, Boothroyd etc. but with this so called experience, at the top level for some of the time, we didn't get a fat lot did we.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread