Chris stokes (1 Viewer)

Otis

Would prefer him at CB and RH get a run at left back
Can't see I agree with that at all Dongo. On the back of 2 games by Haynes?

He's still a little lightweight for me and still incredibly raw.

If we want promotion this season we need to field our strongest players in their strongest positions.

Stokes has hardly put a foot wrong at left back all season and I think he needs returning there to as soon as is humanly possible.

ollyservetta

he is becoming an established player for us , need to get him on the extra year asap ,if we are going to progress and get in the promotion fight ,then we need to keep players like him . I do believe as well theres a lot more progress to come from him

dongonzalos

lol

You've always had a strange obsession with Haynes. You hate Stokes forcing him out the team.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/54722-Chris-Stokes/page3?highlight=stokes

Just think Stokes as mentioned by that scout. Naturally comes inside. I don't think he has the attacking threat of Haynes. At the moment Stokes is more solid. However I think under TM Hayes will apply that part to his game. If Stokes performs well at CB and we have an issue there then why not?

Grendel

Just think Stokes as mentioned by that scout. Naturally comes inside. I don't think he has the attacking threat of Haynes. At the moment Stokes is more solid. However I think under TM Hayes will apply that part to his game. If Stokes performs well at CB and we have an issue there then why not?

Because Haynes can't defend as well as Stokes and given our forwards attack at will the defenders need to defend. Your'e an idiot, Haynes biggest problem was he never kept position. He was always wandering around the middle of the park and the flank was left exposed.

He's going to sign a centre half and also Martin will get fit. To suggest then playing Stokes ahead of Martin and a new signing at centre back and Haynes as left back is absurd.

You do, I assume agree that Stokes is a better left back than Haynes -- don't you?

dongonzalos

Because Haynes can't defend as well as Stokes and given our forwards attack at will the defenders need to defend. Your'e an idiot, Haynes biggest problem was he never kept position. He was always wandering around the middle of the park and the flank was left exposed.

He's going to sign a centre half and also Martin will get fit. To suggest then playing Stokes ahead of Martin and a new signing at centre back and Haynes as left back is absurd.

You do, I assume agree that Stokes is a better left back than Haynes -- don't you?

As an idiot I am not sure why you are asking my opinion but here goes anyway......

Stokes last season defended better than Haynes. On the rare opportunities he has got this season Haynes has been just as good a defender as Stokes. I assume TM has sorted him out. However he has the advantage of attacking better than Stokes. (To few games to judge though)

I agree with you our attacking play has been far better this season but we are really lacking on over lapping on the wings. Haynes will provide that.

Sometimes a player can become an absolute gem when they move to CB. Keogh did it for us however I am sure he was more experienced in that role than Stokes.

I still say sign a CB most sides going for promotion have 4 CB's ours can be Ricketts, Martin, Stokes and a new signing. With Stokes competing for both LB and CB positions. Ricketts competing for RB and CB.

If Haynes is performing and so is Stokes why drop them?

Yours sincerly

Idiot

Last edited:

Ian1779

Haynes would probably have more success as a left midfielder over time than left back.

Otis

As an idiot I am not sure why you are asking my opinion but here goes anyway......

Stokes last season defended better than Haynes. On the rare opportunities he has got this season Haynes has been just as good a defender as Stokes. I assume TM has sorted him out. However he has the advantage of attacking better than Stokes. (To few games to judge though)

I agree with you our attacking play has been far better this season but we are really lacking on over lapping on the wings. Haynes will provide that.

Sometimes a player can become an absolute gem when they move to CB. Keogh did it for us however I am sure he was more experienced in that role than Stokes.

I still say sign a CB most sides going for promotion have 4 CB's ours can be Ricketts, Martin, Stokes and a new signing. With Stokes competing for both LB and CB positions. Ricketts competing for RB and CB.

If Haynes is performing and so is Stokes why drop them?

Yours sincerly

Idiot
If we play Haynes at left back expect opposition teams to play long diagonal balls down their right wing, trying to get round the back of Haynes.

He lacks the physicality of Stokes and the strength of Stokes too.

Yes, Haynes is a more attacking fullback, but I think we have more than enough attacking options in the team without needing an attacking fullback that side too.

You play Haynes and then Murphy in front of him, our left side is very weak from a defensive point of view and I think you would have to play Joe Cole every game out left to try and provide a bit of cover for Haynes.

Let the defence stay solid (already have Ricketts venturing forwards at times anyway) and let the wealth of attacking players we have (JOB, Cole, Murphy, Lameiras, Maddison, Armstrong etc.) attack.

Haynes on the left weakens the defence in terms of our physicality and we very much need that. Let's bring in the big centre back and let Stokes resume the position he has been excelling at all year long.

Haynes may have done well for a couple of games, but he will be targeted and I think we will always lose any physical battle there if we persevere with him in that left back slot.

covcity4life

he is just backup though otis

what more can you ask from a back up than to play well and contribute to wins and clean sheets?

mechaishida

Haynes would probably have more success as a left midfielder over time than left back.

I've thought this for a while, his style is more in-keeping with a wide midfielder.

Either that, or next season ( if we have the cover), send Haynes on loan to a L2 or L1 side for some quality experience and match time.

rupert_bear

Haynes is a 20 year old learning the ropes, he looks a lot better than he did a year ago and has proper coaches behind him, he has covered Stokes well and I think one for the future, ffs let's give the kid a break.

mechaishida

Haynes is a 20 year old learning the ropes, he looks a lot better than he did a year ago and has proper coaches behind him, he has covered Stokes well and I think one for the future, ffs let's give the kid a break.

This is why I believe a loan away for a season would help his development tenfold; he isn't gonna learn as much as a back up.

rupert_bear

He is atleast our reserve left back ! No sense at all in loaning him out especially with half our defence out injured.

Otis

he is just backup though otis

what more can you ask from a back up than to play well and contribute to wins and clean sheets?
Was responding to Dongo though, who's suggesting we keep Stokes at CB and leave Haynes at left back.

I have no problem with Haynes covering for a couple of games, but I wouldn't like to see him as first choice left back for a long period of matches and a lot of that is down to his lack of physical presence.

More than happy to give him a chance and I agree, IF and WHEN we get the cover, I'd like to see him go out on loan somewhere to get some first team experience.

Not sure who's not giving him a break. Just see him as back up and Stokes very much as first choice.

Last edited:

covcity4life

oh right then i apolgise. dongo that is a ridiculous idea

stokes is doing v well at CB but is he better than martin there? and even if he was slightly better at CB, hes far far better at left back

back 4 is overall better with stokes at LB

Jay88

oh right then i apolgise. dongo that is a ridiculous idea

stokes is doing v well at CB but is he better than martin there? and even if he was slightly better at CB, hes far far better at left back

back 4 is overall better with stokes at LB

Totally agree, Stokes is a very solid left back and one of our most improved players.

I'm alot more comfortable with Stokes at left back than I am with Ryan Haynes, although Ryan Haynes has done well filling in the last few games.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Haynes and Phillips are both doing pretty well, however TM's "pre-injuries" back four of Ricketts, Martin, Turner & Stokes didn't half give us a stronger physical presence.

Users who are viewing this thread