Transfer Rumour Chris Martin (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

I’m sure Robins and the coaching staff are always looking at players and where they best fit the particular style and what other players are available. Dabo’s strengths particularly fit the wing back role. If we revert to full backs Robins may think some of those strengths negated and change his position (if Dacosta/Pask or whoever fit the bill for fullback)
I remember n the 70s arsenal striker Ray Kennedy being transferred to Liverpool...not playing for a while and then coming back as a defender and midfielder. He was good enough to win honours with both clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RingoCCFC

Good players can play anywhere

I’m just picturing reading this... Messi being a magician with his goalkeeping gloves on for Barca next season! 🤣🙈

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Complete and utter myth. You play your best or good players in the position they’re best at

Ordinarily I'd agree, but if you're having to play a rookie who'll undoubtedly be nervous playing them out of position is just going to make it worse and the opposition will focus on that weakness. You're only as good as your weakest link.

In those circumstances I'd rather see a more experienced player moved slightly with the youngster playing their preferred position. Rather two small cuts than have an arm hacked off.

RingoCCFC

Ain’t a flying chance he’s going to Wycombe! More chance of this rumour being true! (What a nobjockey I’d look like if he actually does go there as some sort of charity work!) 😂

5C895630-EF48-47FD-BAA2-835557969EE9.jpeg

Evo1883

Martin is One of those who when he's good he's good but when he's off it he's shit... Hopefully if he comes on or plays against us he's off it

mark82

Totally different players 1 is proven also

Yep, different players. Martin is proven as an average Championship striker. He's not going to get any better, resale value would be minimal. He's 4 years removed from his last 15 goal season, although 11 last year wasn't bad. The 3 prior to that weren't great though. Not a bad player at all, but at 31 don't think he would be right for us.

Walker is 23. Has scored 1 in 2 the last 2 years, albeit at a lower level. Was good enough last year that Forest brought him back as cover for the second half of the season. Forest fans seem to rate him. If he does well with us in the Championship could increase his value 10-fold.

Users who are viewing this thread