Transfer Rumour Chris Martin (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Derby have said they are willing to still try and reach a deal with him,Millwall & Sheffield Wednesday also rumoured to be interested along with a couple of Notts Forrest links

Hadji's_Goatee

His link play and clever quick touches in and around the box are ideal to bring our two 10s into play. I’d be amazed if it happened though.

But the ITK is interesting 🤔

Mucca Mad Boys

I’d say no chance his wages alone and no resell on value

In fairness, we need a couple of experienced heads with no resale value. Our team‘s average age is around 23 and mostly without Championship experience.

We need a couple of Championship experienced players to give us the best chance of staying up.

All this said, I’d be pleasantly surprised if we signed Chris Martin.

shmmeee

In fairness, we need a couple of experienced heads with no resale value. Our team‘s average age is around 23 and mostly without Championship experience.

We need a couple of Championship experienced players to give us the best chance of staying up.

Id make all the next three signings experienced Champ players.

Don’t know much about Martin though sounds the right sort from what others have said. Off to find a YouTube vid...

Last edited:

cc84cov

If this happens I won’t be shocked if Godden is sold

Sky Blue Harry H

If we get him, fine - but not that fussed to be honest. Looks like he can hold the ball up - next to no pace, wrong age for our 'model'.

covcity4life

Maybe we are going to offer aroubd 5-6 but over a longer contract to gove him security in his career

I am assuming he is old? Feels like he's been around a while

cc84cov

Maybe we are going to offer aroubd 5-6 but over a longer contract to gove him security in his career

I am assuming he is old? Feels like he's been around a while
31 is hardly old for a player who’s a target man with a clever brain he isn’t a player who needs pace

Liquid Gold

Interesting one. Had a good season last year after two poor ones. Can’t believe he’s only 31 as he’s been around forever. Very different player to Godden so would mean we have options.

If anything it shows we’re not some pauper picking up scraps and shows we’re seen by players as a decent option.

cc84cov

Interesting one. Had a good season last year after two poor ones. Can’t believe he’s only 31 as he’s been around forever. Very different player to Godden so would mean we have options.

If anything it shows we’re not some pauper picking up scraps and shows we’re seen by players as a decent option.
Would be ahead of Godden for me slightly defo suits our style of play

covcity4life

31 is hardly old for a player who’s a target man with a clever brain he isn’t a player who needs pace
31 is old for any footballer, doesnt mean they have nothing to offer though. So my point stands that maybe we offered him a longer contraxt which gives him guaranteed payday till he is 34 for example

Mucca Mad Boys

If this happens I won’t be shocked if Godden is sold

Perhaps. But, I doubt it. Gooden is a good, natural goal scorer. I could certainly see him scoring 10+ goals this season if he stays fit.

Martin and Gooden upfront would compliment one another.

Mucca Mad Boys

Id make all the next three signings experienced Champ players.

Don’t know much about Martin though sounds the right sort from what others have said. Off to find a YouTube vid...

That would be ideal. We certainly need to pad our squad out with quality options. At this moment, we lack options at LWB, CM, ST for definite, and perhaps even at CB. McFadz is certainly a top end L1 CB. Whilst Pask and Drysdale have looked good when they’ve come into the team, there’s still inexperience there. We cannot afford to be caught out with a weak squad in the Championship.

Fergusons_Beard

Could be realistic signing if we play 2 up front (biggie & Littley) -but we don’t.
Could be a realistic signing if we back in 2007-(And Ray Ransom in charge of the promotion push) -but we aren’t.
Could be a realistic.....

Ffs fucking shitty rumours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cc84cov

Perhaps. But, I doubt it. Gooden is a good, natural goal scorer. I could certainly see him scoring 10+ goals this season if he stays fit.

Martin and Gooden upfront would compliment one another.
No doubt clubs will be sniffing round Godden if a good offer comes in he will go I feel if we are looking at players like Martin who won’t be coming here to sit
On the bench,can’t see us going 2 up front any time soon either.If we do sign Martin a striker will depart for sure my moneys on max but as I said I won’t be shocked if it’s Godden.

pipkin73

Would prefer to keep Godden, he seemed to have played most of last season injured and when he came back fit and healthy scored more goals. Against Rangers he had one sniff at goal and it was in the back of the net, ok offside but he never knew that at the time.
I just think he keeps improving and is used to our system now whilst Martin has just had 1 good season and will cost us loads more. Both ok, but i don't think Martin would come here unless he had the starting place.

Magwitch

If we get him, fine - but not that fussed to be honest. Looks like he can hold the ball up - next to no pace, wrong age for our 'model'.
Pace ? In football it isn’t always being able to sprint like a greyhound, it can be speed of mind, receiving ball to feet, up front leading the line and working the centre backs. Admit I don’t know that much about Martin but he sounds a bit of a wiley old fox with bags of championship experience and we are going to need that so sounds okay to me.

cooperskyblue

I think he would be a good signing, would provide a good option in that Godden mould which Baka ans Max I don't think do, they are more plan B strikers with 2 up top.
Would be surprised if we could afford his wages too

Magwitch

Wilson transfer money paying his wages
As I said IF this is Martin deal is real Robins will have done his homework and know the cost and obviously his budget. We have already signed a few but I’m going to suggest we are still well within budget, some will perhaps move on, Westwood perhaps and as you say maybe a kick back from any Callum Wilson transfer and the McCallum transfer perhaps. We will see.

ccfcway

He’s on 8-10k a week. In my opinion , A 1 year deal would suit due to experience and a different opinion to godden.

Anything more than a 1 year is very much a financial gamble on our side if his wages are anywhere near similar to what he’s on at the mo.

Very different financial model to o’hare who will have sell on value, which is one reason why we could pay his wages

ccfcway

We apparently have one of if not the lowest budgets and Derby do pay big bucks but there are issues there apparent problems like Sheffield Wednesday and a possible wage cap to boot so I reckon they will be tightening the old belt a bit.
Do they still have Wayne Rooney on their books bet he ain’t on just £20k a week.

Rooneys wages are being paid for by the betting site

Magwitch

He went a few years ago pal. Just in case it comes as a shock, Julian gray has also left us
As I said IF this is Martin deal is real Robins will have done his homework and know the cost and obviously his budget. We have already signed a few but I’m going to suggest we are still well within budget, some will perhaps move on, Westbrook perhaps and as you say maybe a kick back from any Callum Wilson transfer and the McCallum transfer perhaps. We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread