Transfer Rumour Chris Martin (2 Viewers)

Perryccfc

Don’t shoot the messenger, but have been told Chris Martin is going to sign from Derby.

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

He loves the away shirt, it was all yellow
Works on both levels as he could say it reminds him of first club Norwich, as well as his breakthrough hit.

Just read 2 in 32 games for Hull 2018/19, ouch.

cc84cov

Can’t see it happening either

But I am glad we’ve now moved on from wingers on these rumour threads 🤣

SeaSeeEffCee

Knows where the net is at this level. Was Derby's joint top scorer last season though so I'd imagine he's had other Champ offers.

Frostie

Surely he must be on about 20 grand at Derby?

He was on circa £20k p/w yes.

I'm sure Derby tried to reduce it, hence failing to agree terms but interestingly they've said they're "keeping the door open for him" which reads like "Go & see if you can get more money elsewhere, if not our offer stands".

With that in mind he's obviously still expecting a decent wage per week.

cc84cov

Martin leads the forward line very well strong with excellent hold up play bringing others in etc proven championship experience.

woody11462

Might be length of the deal/playing time thats the issue rather than basic wage. Thought he did okay when he came back from his loan spell this year

Evo1883

His last 3 or 4 seasons have been unspectacular to say the least... And I also doubt we could afford his massively over inflated wage packet

Perryccfc

So what your saying is it’s a done deal ?

Absolutely not!! I don’t want to get battered with abuse when he signs for someone else. But someone very close to him has told me he’s going to Coventry. If it’s true then you can all hail at my insider info. If it’s not true then I’ve played the “dont shoot the messenger” card and I’m off the hook 😆

cc84cov

Rejected a contract recently
His wages I doubt anyone knows he might of been offered just a year without any guarantees on playing time etc so he turns it down knowing he can probably move on with a longer contract & play more football

Evo1883

His wages I doubt anyone knows he might of been offered just a year without any guarantees on playing time etc so he turns it down knowing he can probably move on with a longer contract & play more football

One site says he's on 562000 a year, that's over 10800 a week, which sounds more realistic than 20k but still a stretch for us surely

However just seen several articles from around 2017 that stated he was on 30,000

cc84cov

One site says he's on 562000 a year, that's over 10800 a week, which sounds more realistic than 20k but still a stretch for us surely
If he’s offered a year at Derby & we offer 2 with similar money etc,O’Hare must be on 8k a week here

Magwitch

We apparently have one of if not the lowest budgets and Derby do pay big bucks but there are issues there apparent problems like Sheffield Wednesday and a possible wage cap to boot so I reckon they will be tightening the old belt a bit.
Do they still have Wayne Rooney on their books bet he ain’t on just £20k a week.

cc84cov

We apparently have one of if not the lowest budgets and Derby do pay big bucks but there are issues there apparent problems like Sheffield Wednesday and a possible wage cap to boot so I reckon they will be tightening the old belt a bit.
Do they still have Wayne Rooney on their books bet he ain’t on just £20k a week.
What position would you play Martin ? 😊👀

Nonleagueherewecome

Always hated him when he’s played against us. Think it was when he was with Norwich, kept winning fouls for going down in dangerous positions the little prick!

I’d give him a two year deal
I remember that, loved a canny dive and a smirk afterwards!

Users who are viewing this thread