chris iwelumo (1 Viewer)

craigSKYBLUE

Watford releasing him ,hes free and there is a few rumours linking him with us...be a top signing for us ..a good version of platt really only way to describe him..your thoughts

craigSKYBLUE

Hes a good target man..better than platt..think iwelumo macdonald would be a cracking partnership tbh..only downfall hes 34 if that is a downfall at all

WeWillBeBack

Would have him over Cazarine any day, primarily a target man but chips in with a few.. about 1 in 4 for Burnely

CJparker

Would have been a decent signing a couple of years ago. As now, there is a whole host of decent strikers available on a free, not that we will sign any of them!

What happened with Bruno, is he staying?

johnwillomagic

Three years ago maybe....injuries have taken their toll badly on him. His legs are shot and wages likely to be high.

He is now complete garbage as is this barton fella that people seem to be gettign excited about would be disappointed to sign both of these.....waste of wages though at least Barton's wages prob reasonable unlike Iwelumo's.

As someone else has stated many better freebies about.

AFCCOVENTRY

He is 34 years old... so i would offer him a 1 year contract if on cheap wages.

To be honest if we are not getting any other strikers (which i thought we were as CT were reporting a week ago that Thorn was close to signing a striker... so not sure what happened with that?)... then i would take Iwelumo and Bruno.

Paxman II

Past it....been on the slide last few season's. Can't see where his fire would come from. We need players with fire in their belly for a promotion run. What's he got? pay day as he swings ever closer to retirement I suspect. Nope. Next...

Nonleagueherewecome

Maybe a few years ago, but think he'd cost a lot and see us resort to long-balls. I'd be happy if our strike force doesn't feature a single player over 6 foot this season. Every team we play will have a few big lumps at CB, so why reduce it to a physical battle when we have the better footballers (possibly). Midget McSheffrey & McDonald Magic Goal Mayhem, that's what I want!

Users who are viewing this thread