Chris Hussey (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I never went to the game today, however it sounded like he had a good game and the fans got behind him and he responded to iy. Was that the case?

He's been awful lately, god knows how he got in champ'ship team of the week last week. Only improved today cus Burnley had no-one running at him. Good cross for the goal tho...

gouldberg

Much improved from him today. I was critical of him recently but as I said it was just a confidence thing. He didn't need the players to spur him on and put an arm around him today, he just got on with it. Looked lively, got forward a lot more and took a few players on which was great to see.

Much better :claping hands:

georgehudson

young lad, only about 20 championship games under his belt, sweet left foot, got pace, & seems to have a reasonable degree of awareness, so i see no need to knock him,
who else would fill the no.3 berth ?
'ask KD', i'm sure he'll have a view from afar

les_miserables

Only 21 and playing his first full season after being out injured for almost a year and in a struggling side, yet knobhead fans expect an instant Ashley Cole or something. We have the worst fans in football at picking on players, no wonder they fuck off elsewhere and do okay such as Leon Best and Arron Gunnarrson

edgy

He's been awful lately, god knows how he got in champ'ship team of the week last week. Only improved today cus Burnley had no-one running at him. Good cross for the goal tho...

That's nonsense. He had Ross Wallace, Burnleys only creative player, running at him all game.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He's brilliant going forward, and his cross for the goal was class! However when it comes to defending, probably because he gets little or no support from midfield, i worry.

One thing for sure, is that he and Christie have to be by far our best crossers in the team!

les_miserables

I spoke to Ray Ranson at a forum 18 minths ago and he enthused about Hussey, this was before he got injured. RR reckoned he will prove to be a top left sided midfielder and that is where Hussey is best in that wide left position. The answer may well be bring in a proper left-back and push Chris Hussey forward.

Covstu

i think he has alot of promise but has the fans on his back alot which is uncalled for. I though he had a very good game last week also.

les_miserables

Cov fans are traditionally awful once they get on a players back, i remember years ago in the Jimmy Hill era a teenage Bobby Gould getting sackfuls of hate mail so it hasn't changed yet some players can do no wrong. For example if you think of Kieran Westwood last year walked on water here yet it was quiet obvious he was screwing us over and moving on

Covstu

Best, Bothroyd etc all now playing premiership football!!

Never blamed Westwood TBH, got a better deal and moved up a league, i would have done the same.

skyblue_rich

He gets unfair stick from the fans, if he had a natural left winger playing infront of him so he has an option to pass and someone to cover him in defense would help him greatly.

Let's give credit where it's due and not keep knocking our young players - Hussey is playing superbly at the moment and is getting better each game - still only 21 and looks the part of late.

It's a lot to expect of CH playing ultra wide and demanding constant back tracking when passes go astray.

He beats players very deceptively when going forward not relying on huge amounts of pace as per Gareth Bale but a drop of the shoulder and he is away - a sweet left foot and good crosses this lad is going places.

Keep it up Chris and silence those knockers once and for all.

PUSB

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Cov fans are traditionally awful once they get on a players back, i remember years ago in the Jimmy Hill era a teenage Bobby Gould getting sackfuls of hate mail so it hasn't changed yet some players can do no wrong. For example if you think of Kieran Westwood last year walked on water here yet it was quiet obvious he was screwing us over and moving on

Westwood was never screwing us over, he was quite clear to the club that he didn't want to sign his new contract and would move on at the end of the season. Without him performing last year we could of gone down. Now that would of been screwing us over!

SkyBlue_Bear83

How did Westwood screw us over exactly?
He gave us 3 years of great service, never once publicly demanded a move away from Cov and ran his contract down and signed for a better club than us which he is entitled to do.

Users who are viewing this thread