Chris Hussey without a club yet again! (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

Never tire of this, Ray Ranson:

"I read comments by Danny Fox recently, who was talking about the challenge of playing at a bigger club because, with all due respect to Coventry, it is a mid-table Championship club. That’s where we are at the moment.

“Scott Dann went to Birmingham for five times what he was getting here. Would we have liked to keep hold of them? For sure, and if we had been in the play-offs at the end of last season it could have been a different ball game and they might have said they will give us another year here.

"But we have effectively replaced those players with Chris Hussey and Richard Wood, who will go on to be as good, if not better.”

lordsummerisle

To be fair(though it is CovMad of course), he's probably exhausted after January.

"Hussey returned to Kingstonian based club after being released by the Sky Blues after making 54 appearances in January"

SkyblueDave89

Chris Hussey was a player who thought he was better than he is & looked down on fans because he thought he was better than them being a pro footballer but fans know a good player when they see one & he wasn't a good player. Of course he has a level where he will shine which is much higher than the Sunday League where most fans play probable the Evo-Stik Premier or Conference North so I hope he finds it.

wal3590

Chris Hussey was a player who thought he was better than he is & looked down on fans because he thought he was better than them being a pro footballer but fans know a good player when they see one & he wasn't a good player. Of course he has a level where he will shine which is much higher than the Sunday League where most fans play probable the Evo-Stik Premier or Conference North so I hope he finds it.

Couldn't agree more! He was adored by the AFC fans before he came to Cov.. He has obviously gone there with a shit attitude and they've realised he is nothing special at all!

stupot07

Just shows you how biased fans are. I remember a thread preseason stating that hussey and Clarke are the best fullbacks in the league....now hussey is released from a league two club.

trueskyblue11

Hussey is an embarisement of a footballer, awful player, could never take criticism and spoke like he was some sort of gangster, if you followed him and some of the stuff he said on twitter was cringeworthy! i had a friend who was playing for cov at the time and he said hussey thought he was some sort of G!

also had a female friend who was on holiday and she was from cov and didnt have a clue who he was and he was like errr well im a professional footballer for cov so you should blaitently hook up with me... Absolute prat and an awful player!

torchomatic

The Germans have a word for it: Schadenfreude

The pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

Don't get it myself.

I think he is a good player. League 1 standard IMO. We should have kept him as cover for the LB position instead of signing Jordan Stewart

stupot07

I'm not sure what forum you were on...

Definitely this forum, it was a thread about Otsemobor going to MK dons, I can't find it though.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/18047-Dont-Agree

It was also reiterated a number of times on the 'how good is our squad' threads in pre-season.

Last edited:

Grendel

Definitely this forum, it was a thread about Otsemobor going to MK dons, I can't find it though.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/18047-Dont-Agree

It was also reiterated a number of times on the 'how good is our squad' threads in pre-season.

Lots were bigging him up. Don thought he was championship standard and of course against York we had comparisons with Gareth Bale......

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just shows you how biased fans are. I remember a thread preseason stating that hussey and Clarke are the best fullbacks in the league....now hussey is released from a league two club.
Yep I said at the time that Hussey and Clarke would be among the best full back pairings in league 1. At the time Clarke was playing very well for about a 3 month period after injury and would have walked into most league 1 sides. Fair enough Hussey was then and still is shite.

Not as bad as some telling us Hussey would go onto play in the premier league

ajsccfc

From the Telegraph:

Chris Hussey says he was not released by AFC Wimbledon for footballing
reasons.

The former Coventry City defender was one of eight players announced to be
leaving the Dons this week.

But Hussey posted wrote on his Facebook page: "Just for the record was not
released by Wimbledon for footballing reasons. I'm a bit disappointed they
announced it like that but never mind!"

lordsummerisle

From the Telegraph:

Chris Hussey says he was not released by AFC Wimbledon for footballing
reasons.

The former Coventry City defender was one of eight players announced to be
leaving the Dons this week.

But Hussey posted wrote on his Facebook page: "Just for the record was not
released by Wimbledon for footballing reasons. I'm a bit disappointed they
announced it like that but never mind!"

So it was for non-footballing reasons then?

Wouldn't that sound worse?

Users who are viewing this thread