Chris Anderson (1 Viewer)

stupot07

He said he was going to look at a long term deal for the Ricoh.
He had his 17 point plan and Wasps say they agreed to a lot of it.
Wasps then say the final deal couldn't be struck due to the legal action.
<snip>
He was doing his bit. Sounds like we need to drop the legal action on a guarantee CA's 17 points are signed and the academy gets a more suitable co use of the venue.
<snip>.

A) they haven't agreed on a lot of the 17 point plan, wasp said they were half way to 2/3rds through the list and they had agreed on some and disagreed on others of the points. We don't know how many they have agreed on and how important those particular bits are.

B) the second part isn't going to happen anyway, we don't know what hadn't been agreed on and whether those hurdles can be got over, we also don't know whether wasps can give us enough access to the facilities to satisfy our cat 2 academy

The problem is wasps stance is "we're not talking to you until you drop it" they could turn around and say fuck you or OK but only if you okay £1m (or any other arbitrary figure) rent and screw is over or but let us have enough access to the facilities to satisfy the cat 2 academy.

Wasps should continue to negotiate and if the terms are suitable for us, then make it a requirement of dropping the legals before it can be signed off.

But no, they are going to shaft us anyway. This has no impact on them at all and the latest JR appeal made no noise at all.

ab4f1d24b91e7845f058b98acd039489.gif

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

A) they haven't agreed on a lot of the 17 point plan, wasp said they were half way to 2/3rds through the list and they had agreed on some and disagreed on others of the points. We don't know how many they have agreed on and how important those particular bits are.

B) the second part isn't going to happen anyway, we don't know what hadn't been agreed on and whether those hurdles can be got over, we also don't know whether wasps can give us enough access to the facilities to satisfy our cat 2 academy

The problem is wasps stance is "we're not talking to you until you drop it" they could turn around and say fuck you or OK but only if you okay £1m (or any other arbitrary figure) rent and screw is over or but let us have enough access to the facilities to satisfy the cat 2 academy.

Wasps should continue to negotiate and if the terms are suitable for us, then make it a requirement of dropping the legals before it can be signed off.

But no, they are going to shaft us anyway. This has no impact on them at all and the latest JR appeal made no noise at all.

ab4f1d24b91e7845f058b98acd039489.gif

Totally agree with your third paragraph
The rest goes both ways
None of us knows what was agreed and what wasn't but it certainly sounds like the points were not an issue, the legal action is.
So yes negotiate the deal get it agreed in principle of the premis the legal action is dropped and get the academy access as part of it.

Grendel

:spam::spam::spam:

How can I be lying when I am quoting something
Not bothering with you now
Usual wumming.

Because they have been offered a deal and do not agree the terms. Wasps have offered terms - Armstrong did not say anything about the legal action being a barrier - he used a term which people like you can latch onto.

As others have stated now we back the club - we have no choice - wasps as I've always said want to destroy the club.

Either back us or fuck off under your rock along with sky blue John, Royal scam and all the other clowns.

What we do not need now is great long diatribes from you about pointless crap.

dongonzalos

Because they have been offered a deal and do not agree the terms. Wasps have offered terms - Armstrong did not say anything about the legal action being a barrier - he used a term which people like you can latch onto.

As others have stated now we back the club - we have no choice - wasps as I've always said want to destroy the club.

Either back us or fuck off under your rock along with sky blue John, Royal scam and all the other clowns.

What we do not need now is great long diatribes from you about pointless crap.

WUM true colours

SkyBlue_Bear83

Something like that would be the best course of action I think, the way it's playing out at the moment there is nothing to stop wasps shafting us on the Ricoh deal if legals are dropped.

Continue to negotiate, get a deal everyone is happy with, if they can do that then draw up the contracts and then insert a clause that the contract/deal is only valid on the dropping of the legal action, sign the deal and then if SISU fail to drop legal action within for example 2 weeks then the contract is null and void.

Protects us from being shafted and if everything goes well then legal action will be dropped like the council want.

That said I don't thin there is any chance SISU would drop the legal action even in those circumstances so maybe pointless.

dongonzalos

Wish I understood all of this better
below clearky says to me that good progress was made.
More points agreed to than, nearly 2/3rds agreed. Just over a third left to be agreed.
However I don't get the impression they were impossible points to get past.
Then the legal stuff becomes an issue.

I take it that isn't what the below says?

SISU have stated the legal action is seperate to CCFC. The majority of fans do not want the legal action.

So if the legal action is causing a blockage lets pressurise SISU to drop it and pressurise Wasps to agree to the 17 points and come up wit something acceptable regarding the academy in exchange........

“I have seen Chris make reference to his 17-point plan, and I didn’t realise there were 17 points until he said that - but there probably were.

“But it wasn’t done where they came with a list of 17 demands, if we were going to do a long deal - and we were talking about a 20- or 25-year deal, he had drawn up a list of issues he thought we needed to address.

“We went through those line by line and put together a plan that would address what Coventry City need from it and that would still be commercially viable for us.

“We were making very good progress, we were probably halfway to two thirds of the way through the list.

“We still had some points not agreed, but we agreed some of the key points for example how to make food and beverage work from their point of view, how hospitality would work, where to locate a club shop in the stadium - all those sort of things were agreed.

“What we found difficult was, as those conversations progressed, concluding on any arrangement of that sort while the various legal actions and judicial reviews were still going on.

dongonzalos

Something like that would be the best course of action I think, the way it's playing out at the moment there is nothing to stop wasps shafting us on the Ricoh deal if legals are dropped.

Continue to negotiate, get a deal everyone is happy with, if they can do that then draw up the contracts and then insert a clause that the contract/deal is only valid on the dropping of the legal action, sign the deal and then if SISU fail to drop legal action within for example 2 weeks then the contract is null and void.

Protects us from being shafted and if everything goes well then legal action will be dropped like the council want.

That said I don't thin there is any chance SISU would drop the legal action even in those circumstances so maybe pointless.

Completely agree common sense both sides need pressure from trust, media and fans in general to do this

stupot07

“We were making very good progress, we were probably halfway to two thirds of the way through the list.

“We still had some points not agreed, but we agreed some of the key points for example how to make food and beverage work from their point of view, how hospitality would work, where to locate a club shop in the stadium - all those sort of things were agreed.

They were 1/2 to 2/3rds through the list. The second paragraph says they had agreed on some if the points but but hadn't agreed on others.

That indicates to me they had not agreed all that had been discussed and they haven't even discussed the final third.

As usual you're getting hung up on a few works and making the assumption that everything discussed was agreed. Nowhere does it say that everything discussed has been agreed.

You also fail to consider that Anderson said these weren't formal negotiations and only general discussions.

chiefdave

How can I be lying when I am quoting something
I had to do a short course on the basics of contract law a few years ago. The first thing we were told is just because something is in a contract does not make it true or enforceable. Its the same principle here. He's given a soundbite, probably fed to him by a PR company, which those pre-disposed to blame everything on the club will latch on to.

No legal action is being taken or planned against Wasps. No legal action being taken or planned by SISU can impact on Wasps. So how does it impact on the ability to agree a deal to stay at the Ricoh?

dongonzalos

They were 1/2 to 2/3rds through the list. The second paragraph says they had agreed on some if the points but but hadn't agreed on others.

That indicates to me they had not agreed all that had been discussed and they haven't even discussed the final third.

As usual you're getting hung up on a few works and making the assumption that everything discussed was agreed. Nowhere does it say that everything discussed has been agreed.

You also fail to consider that Anderson said these weren't formal negotiations and only general discussions.

Said exactly what he said over half nearly 2/3rds
Re read what I said and please stick to what I said.
Then he said only a few things left to discuss
As usual you are trying to be negative

stupot07

Said exactly what he said over half nearly 2/3rds
Re read what I said and please stick to what I said.
Then he said only a few things left to discuss
As usual you are trying to be negative
As usual you're taking a soundbite and taking it as fact.

dongonzalos

I had to do a short course on the basics of contract law a few years ago. The first thing we were told is just because something is in a contract does not make it true or enforceable. Its the same principle here. He's given a soundbite, probably fed to him by a PR company, which those pre-disposed to blame everything on the club will latch on to.

No legal action is being taken or planned against Wasps. No legal action being taken or planned by SISU can impact on Wasps. So how does it impact on the ability to agree a deal to stay at the Ricoh?

That doesn't mean I am lying Grendel was just doing his usual wumming.
He is saying the legal action is the reason they stopped
Call their bluff drop it on their toes if you negotiate and come to and agreement on all 17 points and negotiate something acceptable on the academy at the point of signing we will drop all legal action why not.
Most Cov fans don't want the legal action.
Only a very few people don't think it is a waste of time.
Why wouldn't you want it exchanged if it achieves a secure future for CCFC.
If they don't agree to negotiate on that basis you know it's sod all to do with the legal action.

Grendel

As usual you're taking a soundbite and taking it as fact.

As usual he's back on the forum when the going is getting a bit tough for his friends.

stupot07

As usual you are dismissing a sound bite without knowing any better than it.
like you dismissed the below soundbite from Chris Anderson? doesnt say what you want it to as it doesnt make wasps sound like heroes. I'd rather take into account ALL statements then either make a decision based on everything or reserve judgement as this seems to be a convenient distraction from our academy being shafted. Better to reserve judgement than take something as fact without knowing the truth...

Were you able to reach any provisional agreements / common ground on the 17 or so areas where you were looking for a better deal for the club?
"No. We had productive and friendly conversations about the various areas that an agreement should cover, like parking, rent, ticket office and retail shop, health and safety, even the colour of the seats and the Jimmy Hill statue or Memorial Garden - but we never got to that stage."

NorthernWisdom

I can't understand that to be honest. I realise they are glad to have WASPs suckle up to them, helping promote things in the city rugby wise, but other than paying the rent, what do the council actually gain? They don't have a stake anymore in ACL, neither do Higgs.

I'd have thought it would be in the council's interest to let them develop the Butts - it helps keep/create jobs in the city, you've got income from business rates. More fans spending money in the town, rather than in another. Surely much better than than SISU's empty threats of moving the club to a different borough suddenly turning into reality.

Perhaps all of a sudden, permission is given...coinciding with a dropping of legal action.

I suspect we're now deep down in the world of murky politics.

For better or worse, CCC have staked a lot on Wasps succeeding. For better or worse, they're firmly attached to their city of culture bid.

Any threat to Wasps now risks bringing down both the culture bid, and politics as a whole. Like it or not, our fan base is a threat/competition to Wasps, and a rival for media space.

Therefore, politically, you could argue the council are now forced to drive forward with Wasps as chosen partner... for better or worse.

Captain Dart

On the radio this morning he said that he couldn't understand how Wasps could apply for planning permission when they don't have a lease on the Higgs Centre. It suggests to me that he is either naive or stupid.

Does he really expect Wasps to enter into a binding lease agreement without firstly knowing whether their plans will be approved?

Normal business practise.

martcov

I suspect we're now deep down in the world of murky politics.

For better or worse, CCC have staked a lot on Wasps succeeding. For better or worse, they're firmly attached to their city of culture bid.

Any threat to Wasps now risks bringing down both the culture bid, and politics as a whole. Like it or not, our fan base is a threat/competition to Wasps, and a rival for media space.

Therefore, politically, you could argue the council are now forced to drive forward with Wasps as chosen partner... for better or worse.

Have we offered to help the City of Coventry with their bid to be a Culture Capital? If Wasps can be involved why can't we - despite ongoing crap? By the time we would be culture city the current Problems won't exist ( or we won't ). Deadline for bids coming soon.

theferret

The council are balls deep in this City of Rugby thing. A minor thing in the scheme of things, but I spoke to someone who worked in the council IT department not long ago. When the council website was redesigned a year or so ago, one of the design briefs was to scale back the amount of Sky Blue and include black and gold as accent colours. So a minor thing but it really annoyed me. Petty and pointless.

Sky Blue Kid

Still lying
How are negotiations with the football club over the Ricoh Arena progressing?
“We actually enjoyed a couple of months of very constructive conversations about a long-term deal here at the Ricoh Arena.

“I have seen Chris make reference to his 17-point plan, and I didn’t realise there were 17 points until he said that - but there probably were.

“But it wasn’t done where they came with a list of 17 demands, if we were going to do a long deal - and we were talking about a 20- or 25-year deal, he had drawn up a list of issues he thought we needed to address.

“We went through those line by line and put together a plan that would address what Coventry City need from it and that would still be commercially viable for us.

“What we found difficult was, as those conversations progressed, concluding on any arrangement of that sort while the various legal actions and judicial reviews were still going on.

“We decided that we wouldn’t conclude the conversation at that point in time. This was during the time when various appeals were going on at the Court of Appeal.

“I’m not a lawyer but you can’t ignore the volume of comment about it. We felt it was difficult to conclude on a long-term arrangement while all that was still going on. But we had made very good progress

"There were still a few to agree, though I can’t go into the details of what but it was a discussion conducted in a very conductive and cooperative manner over several meetings between Chris and I.”

You were saying something about him lying?

stupot07

How are negotiations with the football club over the Ricoh Arena progressing?
“We actually enjoyed a couple of months of very constructive conversations about a long-term deal here at the Ricoh Arena.

“We decided that we wouldn’t conclude the conversation at that point in time. This was during the time when various appeals were going on at the Court of Appeal.

“I’m not a lawyer but you can’t ignore the volume of comment about it. We felt it was difficult to conclude on a long-term arrangement while all that was still going on. But we had made very good progress

"There were still a few to agree, though I can’t go into the details of what but it was a discussion conducted in a very conductive and cooperative manner over several meetings between Chris and I.”

You were saying something about him lying?
Were you able to reach any provisional agreements / common ground on the 17 or so areas where you were looking for a better deal for the club?

"No. We had productive and friendly conversations about the various areas that an agreement should cover, like parking, rent, ticket office and retail shop, health and safety, even the colour of the seats and the Jimmy Hill statue or Memorial Garden - but we never got to that stage."

Grendel

I wish my customers were like Dongle and SBK - they are so gullible it's not true.

Sky Blue Kid

There’s a suggestion you don’t have the commercial flexibility to give the football club what it wants in some areas. The food and beverage deal with Compass would be an obvious example. Do you think there’s anyway these things could be addressed?
“Chris and I had already worked out a solution to food and beverage as one of the 17 points. There’s all the commercial flexibility needed in order to do the right deal. We’re going to do a commercial deal that’s viable and sensible for us.

“We’re a public company, at least we have a bond, we have to do what’s right for our business and our investors so we’re not going to give it them for free.

“But there’s no strings attached in terms of commercial flexibility. We are able to do exactly what they need.”

Sky Blue Kid

Take it from me. CA is a nice guy with great ideas but alas is nothing more than a puppet. When SISU say jump.. He says how high?

Users who are viewing this thread