Chip shop prices (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

The chippies down here in Poole/Bournemouth are very pricey and generally really poor.

Ironically, there's one in Poole run by a couple from Cov, that one is really good.

vow

Except perhaps the delightful Samuel Smith's beers in York, particularly at the Hansom Cab. Amazing top drop !
Aha, met a fella from Rochdale on Hols in t'Egypt recently who talked up Sam Smith's beers, which I'd not heard of before, being excellent indeed!

fernandopartridge

Aha, met a fella from Rochdale on Hols in t'Egypt recently who talked up Sam Smith's beers, which I'd not heard of before, being excellent indeed!
The beer is ok, reliable I suppose but wouldn't go out of my way for it apart from the chocolate stout which is beautiful

fernandopartridge

I've tried one of those from ASDA in the craft section, is it the same one or a cheap imitation?
They do retail it but I've never seen it in a supermarket

This is the bottle:

DS8_2594-1-THIN.jpg

itsabuzzard

You should all be happy you don't live up here in Callander, most expensive and worst chips I have ever had, we paid just under £20 for fish and chips, battered sausage and chips and a king rib with no chips. We usually head over to Bridge of Allan, about 14 miles away, to get decent chips but then they aren't as good as any I have had in Rugby or Coventry. And don't get me started on deep frying the pies, just put it in a microwave ffs!! Whenever I come down to Rugby the first takeaway is always the chip shop.
BoA chippy is v good.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

tommydazzle

Do miss Cov chips - used to be a good Greek one in Bell Green and Gees? at corner off Dudley Street and of course scallops which we don't get in East Anglia.

Users who are viewing this thread