Chesterfield (Home) Match Thread (5 Viewers)

Evo1883

For those that doubt redas defending ,, he just had ebanks blake in his pocket for 90 minutes lol

SkyBlue_Bear83

He was better in the way that if in doubt he punched it, the free kick bounced a bit funny.

He did well to keep it in from stokes header.

They only had one shot on target didn't they though?

The thing that makes the free kick difficult is that it was a flighted cross, the keeper can't really dive early because he has to wait to see if someone is going to get a head/deflection so you have to leave the dive a late as possible, it's easy to misjudge and dive to late and be left looking silly.

Marty

We played well, could have scored 5 today. Kent was about a yard onside for his goal. Murphy was MOTM, deserved a goal.

Nick

Administrator
Fleck had another great game. Always involved. Shows that Scunny worked so well on him last week, and Chesterfield couldn't follow suite. They seemed more interested in Vincelot, or their number 5 did atleast!
Thing was vincelot seemed scared, I was waiting for somebody to put a good tackle in bit after he was being a bit rough we stood off him.

shmmeee

Really fucking enjoyed that. Like. Im enjoying it not just because it's City winning but because it's genuinely entertaining.

Fucking love Mogga.

Team was awesome back to front today. Reda was a beast against Fat Ebanks-Blake. The whole team was well organised. Fleck was excellent again. Murphy tore them apart and deserved a goal. Kent, once he got into it, has all the benefits and all the drawbacks of Maddison. Goes past players like they're not there, falls over a lot and can't seem to finish (though his goal should've stood). JOB was good. Ruben and Fortune were excellent when they came on. Burge was solid and did everything asked of him. Stokes and Ricketts and Martin all solid. They never looked like scoring.

Did I mention I fucking love Mogga?

Marty

I thought their number 5 was a decent player, neat little touches, hard in the tackle, had the better of Vancelot today.

ptr

Burge made one hell of a save second half from a curling shot from the lad that got sent off. Just got his fingers to it, seemed to go unoticed by the crowd.

His distribution however does need some work.

shmmeee

I thought their number 5 was a decent player, neat little touches, hard in the tackle, had the better of Vancelot today.

Aside from the fact that he shouldn't have finished on the pitch he was very good.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Burge did OK in that he did what we would expect our keeper to do, which hasn't always been the case with him.

His punch that lead to the Murphy run was a good one, although not certain he meant to create as good a counter attack as it did.

Also did well to recover from the Stokes back pass, which almost led to a silly corner being conceded.

Grendel

Burge made one hell of a save second half from a curling shot from the lad that got sent off. Just got his fingers to it, seemed to go unoticed by the crowd.

His distribution however does need some work.

It was a routine save. Even he couldn't fail to deal with that.

stupot07

Must have huge pockets. I think some on here mentioned we should have signed him.

He was awful and has been for the last few years. Thank god mowbrays got more sense than some of our fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluepm2

Yeah he was decent but a dirty little swine who should've been having an early bath. I think he's been linked with several championship clubs in recent months.

Mcbean

Can't understand how the linesman missed Vincelot being cut down by their number 5 for the second time - ref was looking the other way so I can't blame him but the linesman are just dummies for offside and f*ck all
else

Good job he's a tough guy

Grendel

For those that doubt redas defending ,, he just had ebanks blake in his pocket for 90 minutes lol

That's hard. He looked overweight and not interested.

The Lurker

He was a dirty bastard who should have been sent off. 3 bookable challenges in 5 minutes.

Murphy mom for me, great performance and he's finding his feet now. Kent was class too, JOB probably worst game of the season and I thought mowbary got his subs bang on today. On another day could have been 4 or 5. So many chances created. Ricoh will be a fortress this season just as TM promised

junglej13

The club really need to try and get as many people back up there at the min as possible. We absolutely excellent today and could have won by 4 or 5. Someone will get a hammering before long.

D

Deleted member 2477

Disapointed with the attendance today. Great weather and playing well in the top 6 but only 11000. Whats wrong with everyone.

torchomatic

What more do you expect them to do? Exciting signings, unbeaten at home, cheap tickets.

The club really need to try and get as many people back up there at the min as possible. We absolutely excellent today and could have won by 4 or 5. Someone will get a hammering before long.

torchomatic

Great game again today. I thought our tactics were great. We really invited them to have possession of the ball in the first half, it was almost like we were the away team. It lulled them into a false sense of security really as we were hitting them on the break although unfortunately not hitting the back of the net.

Great stuff!

shmmeee

Btw to those who went how did Armstrong play besides the goal?

Was snatching a bit and looked edgy until his goal. He's all about the goals really. Oh and he won a header from a goal kick, so fair play there.

I thought the whole front line needed time to settle and once we scored they seemed to relax a bit. I tell you what though, I wouldn't be surprised if Murphy ends up being the one more valuable to us winning in the end. He's settling into being some player.

The Lurker

Disapointed with the attendance today. Great weather and playing well in the top 6 but only 11000. Whats wrong with everyone.

If we beat bury next week you'll get 15k for Shrewsbury, fickle lot city fans. Potential of big crowds is likely if we go on a decent run which barring injuries could happen on today's performance

The Lurker

Was snatching a bit and looked edgy until his goal. He's all about the goals really. Oh and he won a header from a goal kick, so fair play there.

I thought the whole front line needed time to settle and once we scored they seemed to relax a bit. I tell you what though, I wouldn't be surprised if Murphy ends up being the one more valuable to us winning in the end. He's settling into being some player.

Armstrong is a confidence player, soon as he scored he looked like the Armstrong from the first two games.

Users who are viewing this thread